Quarles leaving Maryville?

rebeldozer44

Maryville HS Football is one of the elite programs nationwide. They were already a rock solid program with 5 state titles coming in 1964, 1970, 1976, 1978, and 1998. Since the turn of the decade though you won't find a more successful program anywhere in the nation. GQ and the coaching staff there are the reason for that and it's ridiculous the rate at which they've won football games at MHS. From 2000-2014 Maryville Rebels Football has won over 95% of the games that they've competed in overall. There has only been one occasion during that period where the Rebels Football Program failed to reach the State Championship Game.

2000: 11-4 = State Champs

2001: 14-1 = State Champs

2002: 15-0 = State Champs

2003: 13-1 = Semifinals

2004: 15-0 = State Champs

2005: 15-0 = State Champs

2006: 15-0 = State Champs

2007: 15-0 = State Champs

2008: 14-1 = Runner-Up

2009: 13-2 = Runner-Up

2010: 14-1 = State Champs

2011: 15-0 = State Champs

2012: 14-1 = Runner-Up

2013: 15-0 = State Champs

2014: 15-0 = State Champs

213-11 Overall Record: 2000-2014

* 11 State Championships

* 3 State Runner-Up Finishes

* 1 State Semifinalist Appearance

Edited by LBD

It depends on what level of college coaching you are talking about. He is qualified to be the HC at a D3 school, probably the OC at a D2 school but on the D1 level he would have to start at the bottom. GQ is a very good coach but not every good high school coach transitions well to the college game. JMO, but he would do very well at Sewanee (NCAA D3)but I am not convinced that he would make a good assistant in the SEC.

Quarles can coach football and would make an excellent assistant coach at the college level.

Some of those college coaches that you seem to revere quite frankly wouldn't make very good high school coaches in my opinion. Some of the best coaches in the nation coach football at the high school level because their turnover due to graduation is often times more impactful than what you see at the college and/or NFL levels from year to year.

I wish I had been smart enough to bump a twelve year old thread with the same relevance today. I say George for President and Joe Gaddis as his press secretary. Lee Greenwood and Charlie Daniels can play at the inauguration. Winners gone be winners.

If Dolly sings the national anthem then you have my full support

What?? GQ is leaving Maryville? When did this come about?

Its on the baseball thread. Apparently there's some serious fallout over the way mairvul botched the firing of the baseball coach. Long story short, GQ is upset about it and now Jeff co is making a serious play at bringing him back home

What?? GQ is leaving Maryville? When did this come about?

Knottsvul eye cain reeport hits trew.....GQ left Mairvul two go acrost Old Man Kelsey's O-shun two play on sumthin cawled tha Old Corse a cupple weaks ago......Luckeelee fer un Mairvillans he caim baick acrost O.M. Kelsey's O-shun two tha frendlee confinds ov 825 Lawrence...... :popcorneater:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Knottsvul eye cain reeport hits trew.....GQ left Mairvul two go acrost Old Man Kelsey's O-shun two play on sumthin cawled tha Old Corse a cupple weaks ago......Luckeelee fer un Mairvillans he caim baick acrost O.M. Kelsey's O-shun two tha frendlee confinds ov 825 Lawrence...... :popcorneater:

While acrost the pond, did he greet everyone with "how do you do misses Wiley"

Quarles can coach football and would make an excellent assistant coach at the college level.

Some of those college coaches that you seem to revere quite frankly wouldn't make very good high school coaches in my opinion. Some of the best coaches in the nation coach football at the high school level because their turnover due to graduation is often times more impactful than what you see at the college and/or NFL levels from year to year.

There are six (6) levels of college football with those being NCAA D1 (FBS & FCS), NCAA D2, NCAA D3, NAIA and Junior College. Which level would fit GQ the best. Like I stated in a previous post I feel that he would start at the bottom in most NCAA D1 programs, possibly be the OC at a NCAA D2 school but he would be qualified to be the HC at a NCAA D3 school. When comparing X's & O's he would be fine but what get's most guys is they don't want to stay at the office from 6:00am-11:00pm most every night of the week. Add recruiting to the list as all college assistant coaches are given a geographical area that they are responsible for and that takes tons of time. Would GQ want to be at a July 4th picnic with his family and take calls from recruits. If you are going to be successful that is what must be done. I am not saying that GQ couldn't do it but he may very well not want to work 24/7. Edited by cbg

Thes iz all goodur points.......GQ likes playin' golf and bein' with hiz boys....Knott shore on tha 4th ov July picknick fer GQ........Butt momma coodun't heer a church bell rang when'st she gits intwo her picknick baskit.......

SdB........If'un GQ did az good az E.T. Bass then eye feel good.... :popcorneater: