Your new Class 1A with current enrollment numbers!

FridayMainEvent

89 the Rice Krispie dynasty is over after this year so I hope yall win it all this year. Pearson is back for Huntingdon next year and little brother is a freshman. Got another Warbritton in the pipeline. Hows the cubbard for the Cats?

Cats will be fine next two years, after that only time will tell. This years sophomore and junior classes have always been successful. Next year WC will only field about 10 seniors but our junior class will be pushing 20 Edited by wildcat89

89 the Rice Krispie dynasty is over after this year so I hope yall win it all this year. Pearson is back for Huntingdon next year and little brother is a freshman. Got another Warbritton in the pipeline. Hows the cubbard for the Cats?

Another Warbritton? South Pittsburg has some very good groups coming up as well. This year's 8th grade class was pretty dominant the last two seasons in middle school ball.

Guest hevyrevy1611

Looks like Wayne Co got the makings of a dynasty. The water & grub them country folk feed them boys has magical properties. For conditioning its hay bale stacking year round & running sprints uphill both ways, coming & going, and giant tire flipping. No doubt have a sports psychologists who gets them boys ready to eat light bulbs, run thru brick walls, and laugh all the time while doing so. And tbh, Huntingdon prob does same thing as WC does. And yes, they have had Dresden's number for way too long. Last time that one week Dresden was ranked #1 (first time ever) we play them Stang's, and they stomp us bad, like 40-3 or sumin. Bitter cold wintery night. Our Lions shivering bad while they seemed to be on a beach somewhere. Unaffected by cold. Musta had secret longjohn warmers on or sumin. Ha! Afterwards, as I going to my car I heard a Stang player getting in his car and said to the driver, "They #1 my 'butt'!".. I had to laugh & said to him "Good win young man". We not had an opportunity to revenge that loss either, still looking forward to the chance to get that 'Huntingdung Mustanks' monkey off our back. Hehe. .. Gotta admit, looks like this new Reg6 (& prob Reg5 too) will be more of a gauntlet than our Reg7 (& Reg8) side of bracket. More always-tough teams than up-and-down cyclical ones. But wherever we are, whoever we play, gotta go all out all time. 110% every play. Never underestimate any other team nor overestimate one's own team. Gonna be renewal of fun rivalries too. Look forward to these upcoming seasons, but got unfinished business left to take care of this year. Whomever Lions play here on out will be super motivated to take down #1 ranked team. It superb hard to get there, & tougher to stay there. Will see soon enough if Dresden has what it takes or not. (Guess what I think? Lol). Our coach definitely knows what it takes with his background, & methinks he's imparting 'the right stuff' to our Lions. ... Tarnation, I got to going again with another novel. Sorry to burn y'alls eyes & waste your time with these ramblings. I just luv competitive activities (esp football) & luv our Lions. Got a case of the "I can't help-its". ... I done now.

So what do you think will go on with District 1?

You have Cloudland, Unaka, Hancock County and then... Oakdale still going to be bussing 4 hours for district games?  Maybe Jellico too?  The 5 team district would make some sense, but those are going to be long trips to for Oakdale and Jellico.

I think Jellico would like to go to District 1 to get away from Coalfield, Greenback, Midway, and Harriman, where they'd always be fighting to be the #5 team in a 4 team playoff hunt, so that would make the most sense.  They may even ask to go.

A District 2 of Coalfield, Greenback, Harriman, Oliver Springs, Sunbright, and Midway looks very similar to what was already there.  Then a SE TN district with Lookout Valley, Sale Creek, and those teams, and a North Central district of Pickett Co. and those schools would round things out in this half of the state.

Do you think the TSSAA will create a 4 team district in the NE to cut travel expenses?  There were some under the old classification system, though I think the idea of automatic playoff bids for some schools stinks.

Edited by BlueDevil58

Revy, being completely honest, how much better do you think this team is than last years and why?

Not Revy but I can answer this also. First and foremost Dresden returned 99% of their team from last year. They are bigger, stronger, faster and smarter than last year. Revenge and unfinished business is a large motivator for this team. On the flip side Trenton lost a ton of seniors and Union City has lost 15 players this season to injuries. I still think Dresden beats a healthy UC but would be a much closer game than last week. After this year Dresden will be good but this year's team is very special. 

As far as signing the gold ball over to Dresden right now I'm still a skeptic. To be brutally honest we still haven't played in a competitive game which could hurt us come playoffs. Our kids need to play in a close game just to get ready for playoffs. Wont be any cream-puffs after 2nd round.

Just my two cents.

Trousdale County had an enrollment of 388. That was about what the enrollment was 15 years ago. They are the only high school in that county.

So have they not grown any in 15 years?

Trousdale County had an enrollment of 388. That was about what the enrollment was 15 years ago. They are the only high school in that county.

So have they not grown any in 15 years?

But with Union City ,they only had about 300 students 2 years ago supposedely when the TSSAA last did the classifications 

When you look at them on a map you see that most of the schools form nice little clusters of 6 to 7 teams.   The only real issue appears to be in Region 1 where you have the teams so spread out. I don't know what the TSSAA will do there.   Will they leave a 4 team region or pull one of the Region 2 teams over there?

Edited by Crock1615