Your new Class 1A with current enrollment numbers!

FridayMainEvent

Jo Byrns' current travel times/distances one way:

JB to Pickett Co 160mi, 2hr. 45 min.

JB to Clay Co. 115mi, 2hr. 20 min.

JB to Monterey 133mi, 2hr. 

The last time the TSSAA determined the regions in some cases they split the state up North/South rather than the traditional East/West split.  They're bringing in more people to help determine the regions this time around so who know what they'll come up with.  My advice to them would be to align the regions as close as possible to the "old" way.  That's what most communities in 1A would like to see.

Jo Byrns' current travel times/distances one way:

JB to Pickett Co 160mi, 2hr. 45 min.

JB to Clay Co. 115mi, 2hr. 20 min.

JB to Monterey 133mi, 2hr.

The last time the TSSAA determined the regions in some cases they split the state up North/South rather than the traditional East/West split. They're bringing in more people to help determine the regions this time around so who know what they'll come up with. My advice to them would be to align the regions as close as possible to the "old" way. That's what most communities in 1A would like to see.

The old way will be fine with us, but we don't want to hear people belly aching because we only have 4-5 teams in our region.

It wouldn't be over 3 hours if Basin went north. SP is within 1 1/2 hours of all three places.

SP is as close and is closer to GB than most of the region 1 teams as well.LOL!I would rather be moved down there at least the teams as a whole are a little better. Edited by orngnblk

Kinda what I thought

That year, there were two starters that weren't Sophomores. You are kidding yourself to the grave if you think that making it to the second round of the playoffs was underachieving that year. Most people assumed we'd win maybe a game or two that year (assuming we'd have Winn and the old coaching staff). You can't win many games with a team full of Sophomores. The year before that with the old coaching staff, we had a senior-loaded team and got put out by Humboldt in the second round. Dresden improved throughout that next season so much, but we lost to the eventual state champs in the second round. Rang has done fantastic in the span of two and a half years, IMO. If he stuck around, we maybe could get some good things going.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hevyrevy1611

Hey.. HEY... no kidding. Are there any bona fide decision makers for TSSAA reading this? Or those who know them? No kidding now.. Here an idea, yes keep it 8 regions for each class 1A-6A, but due to there being larger sized ones, why not divide up the bigger 8-9 team regions into an East & West section (or North-South). Like some college conferences do. And they play just teams in their half of this split/divided conference, and same amount of non-region games as most other 4-5 team Regions. Then at end have the top 2 from each half of the split/divided region be the teams that make it into playoffs, thus the 4 teams needed are ready & worthy. They'd have better teams going into playoffs then imo. Oh IDK, it may not work. I just thinking out loud, trying to be fair to good, winning-season teams being in playoffs as they've earned the chance & deserve to he there. It's tough justifying zero, one, and two win teams going to second season when 5, 6, & 7 win teams are out. See this idea? Is it workable?

Edited by hevyrevy1611