Dobyns Bennett vs Greeneville

BatmanDevil

1 hour ago, sheppy said:

Good Luck vs. Tenn. High in your scrimmage.

Hey dbgrad70, what great football factory did you come from?  You don't even know if the big 32 still is in place or not.  NO, it fell by the wayside.

Got an idea, why don't you apply for the job when it comes open?  Surely to goodness you can produce 200+ wins in the next 20 years.

Can't speak for 70, but I do know the problem most people I ever talked DB football with had was not the regular seasons aleast until the last couple years .It's nice to be 10-0 and ranked high in the state.It down right sucks to see your kid made fun of because of the playoffs and if GC or anyone else could take a DB team to the state and win,not many would complain .Until that happens,nomatter who the coach is,most are not going to be completely happy and are going to raise hail when things like the Sevier county playoff game happen or McMinn or....That's life and coaching is a very hard job and your not going to please everyone even if you won the state.

19 minutes ago, Tadvols said:

Any Greeneville fans go to scrimmage with Fulton at CN ?? I know Falcons lost all their line from last year .. and are playing frosh and sophs .. little guys and 2 backup fullback on OL.. just wondered if they held up against them big ole Devils ... 

I didn't.The thing about scrimmages is you never know what coaches are working on.Seen a few Maryville scrimmages over the years and sometimes thought they wouldn't win a game with what they done that day.Some coaches go for blood and some use them for depth building.

DBs defense as of late has always been the question !! I believe the O will have some big plays and if the D has done any work in the offseason (doubt it) - like learn fundamentals from a "coach" , then DB will be much improved (doubt it) ... but just like the past several SC games (Graham pulls out his magic brain  and plays for the win) - some of his best coaching games have been against SC and if he can pull out one of those games against the Green Devils ... well it might be interesting !!

I don't see this being a blow out by any means ... 

9 hours ago, Cyclonefan29 said:

Greeneville Ones won 3-2 but they were really never stopped on offense. Each offense got 10 plays in 3 segments. If Greeneville's defense shows up against DB I'm predicting a blowout. If it doesn't then it's double overtime kinda game 

Well im very impressed that we stayed that close ... lost ALL OL from last year ..have 2 small backup  fullbakcs playing guard , a kid at tackle never played football before .. another kid that is a soph starter at Tackle on offense , out with hurt hand and 2 of our 5 best players out .. not bad .... 

3 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Well im very impressed that we stayed that close ... lost ALL OL from last year ..have 2 small backup  fullbakcs playing guard , a kid at tackle never played football before .. another kid that is a soph starter at Tackle on offense , out with hurt hand and 2 of our 5 best players out .. not bad .... 

Greeneville had plays run out at the goal several times but the ten play rule stopped them. Greeneville went up and down the field at ease. 

Edited by Cyclonefan29
Adding

The main thing I see in games like this for Greeneville is to go against teams that have some big ole boys and fine athletes in preparation for the playoffs.It helps DB going against teams like Greeneville and Alcoa in a simular way but it's also a case of goliath vs David and both these schools together are a little over half DB's size.So it's a big deal to play well for DB and try not to get  beat no matter what is said in the papers.There is a crap load of money been  put into everything from the doubledecker stadium to that two story weight room ,coaches offices ,conference and  dressing room.Don't think this game isn't important to both schools and their fans.I know,I have a whole family of Indians .

31 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

The main thing I see in games like this for Greeneville is to go against teams that have some big ole boys and fine athletes in preparation for the playoffs.It helps DB going against teams like Greeneville and Alcoa in a simular way but it's also a case of goliath vs David and both these schools together are a little over half DB's size.So it's a big deal to play well for DB and try not to get  beat no matter what is said in the papers.There is a crap load of money been  put into everything from the doubledecker stadium to that two story weight room ,coaches offices ,conference and  dressing room.Don't think this game isn't important to both schools and their fans.I know,I have a whole family of Indians .

Speaking of a crap load of money.......Has anyone noticed that with every upgrade to the stadium the team gets a little worse?  It started with the field house and new weight room, then after the double decker. Maybe to much bling bling.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tadvols said:

Your boys will do good this year Tadvols as long as injuries don't hit yall.  You have a lot of Athletes on the outside and looked good in 1 on 1's.  The O line progressed throughout the scrimmage (Didn't look to hot when it was just linemen vs linemen).  Had success running to the outside and getting into space and also on short passing routes.  Both teams got better yesterday!  Good Luck this year! 

8 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Your boys will do good this year Tadvols as long as injuries don't hit yall.  You have a lot of Athletes on the outside and looked good in 1 on 1's.  The O line progressed throughout the scrimmage (Didn't look to hot when it was just linemen vs linemen).  Had success running to the outside and getting into space and also on short passing routes.  Both teams got better yesterday!  Good Luck this year! 

Yes Swipes  as you could tell we dont have maybe 30 - 35 players  .. we are so void of bodies period  in OL and DL .. so much that two  200 ib  3rd and 4th string fullbacks have to suit up guards .. we lost a  soph OT last scrimmage and replace him with a kid that never played football before so its an understatement that OL and DL are areas of real concern .. you are correct the only offense is for QB to get the ball out in space  ... but we will miss our big play WR to a ACL  this year .. we cant afford injuries for sure ... already lost WR/ S and a MLB / RB and OL .. so they are dropping like fries .. I knew it would be a good test for them against you guys .. I know Fulton coaches knew that it would help them grow up some by scrimmaging ..I know the Fulton coaches wanted it and had initiated calling to get a scrimmage ..they how yound and inexperinced they were and the kids now know whats it is like to go against some physical guys .. can only help them  for sure.  Good Luck and thanks ... hadnt seen BVDevil on here .. where he at ??