Tornadoes host the Tide R#3

fallguy17

We did it 2 years ago today actually. 28-24 was the final there at War Memorial.  

Im sure Union City won’t go down without a fight.  I say Peabody by 2 scores.  

Hopefully both teams can limit penalties. It sounds like both sides have been hit hard with flags on the field.  For what it’s worth these TSSAA Refs have been awfully flag happy! 

39 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Actually 2014 and 2015 if memory serves? Not saying we can walk into War Memorial and waltz to a W!Gotta mix it up and play perfect!The Goldens Tornadoes demand respect!I do believe we get the W though!!!Hope we show up loud and Proud TIDE Fans!

2013 UC beat Trenton on the way to both teams winning state champs (1A for UC, 2A for Trenton)  2014  UC undefeated state champs.  2015 UC beat Peabody at trenton and lost to Peabody in quarterfinals at UC (visitor locker room thing game)  2016 UC beat Trenton at home.  2017 UC beat Trenton in Trenton.  Trenton peaking at end of season, but UC doing good as well.  should be great game.  

9 minutes ago, Atlas said:

2013 UC beat Trenton on the way to both teams winning state champs (1A for UC, 2A for Trenton)  2014  UC undefeated state champs.  2015 UC beat Peabody at trenton and lost to Peabody in quarterfinals at UC (visitor locker room thing game)  2016 UC beat Trenton at home.  2017 UC beat Trenton in Trenton.  Trenton peaking at end of season, but UC doing good as well.  should be great game.  

Peabody won their Gold Ball in Dec of 2014. 

Yes, most definitely this is be a great game! 

41 minutes ago, TPeabodyGT said:

We did it 2 years ago today actually. 28-24 was the final there at War Memorial.  

Im sure Union City won’t go down without a fight.  I say Peabody by 2 scores.  

Hopefully both teams can limit penalties. It sounds like both sides have been hit hard with flags on the field.  For what it’s worth these TSSAA Refs have been awfully flag happy! 

We definitely got to limit turnovers. No room to shoot yourself in the foot and recover with a team that likes to use their offense as their defense 

My best recounts of Peabody & Union City games are as follows:

Peabody defeated Union City on a last second FG at home in 2010

Union City beat Peabody by what I believe was 8 points at Peabody in 2011

Peabody beat Union City at UC in 2012 to give Peabody first district championship in 20 years

Union City beat Peabody in Trenton in 2013 

Union City beat Peabody at UC in 2014 (2013 & 2014 UC won 1A title & Peabody won 2A title in ‘14)

Union City won regular season game at Peabody but Peabody beat Union City at UC in 2nd round of playoffs to end UC’s streak in 2015

Union City beat Peabody at UC in 2016 

& so far Union City beat Peabody in Trenton in the regular season of 2017. The last time that happened Peabody won the second go around. So over the past 7 years, UC leads this series 6-3. I think Peabody makes it 6-4 after this game though. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, FightingBlue0 said:

My best recounts of Peabody & Union City games are as follows:

Peabody defeated Union City on a last second FG at home in 2010

Union City beat Peabody by what I believe was 8 points at Peabody in 2011

Peabody beat Union City at UC in 2012 to give Peabody first district championship in 20 years

Union City beat Peabody in Trenton in 2013 

Union City beat Peabody at UC in 2014 (2013 & 2014 UC won 1A title & Peabody won 2A title in ‘14)

Union City won regular season game at Peabody but Peabody beat Union City at UC in 2nd round of playoffs to end UC’s streak in 2015

Union City beat Peabody at UC in 2016 

& so far Union City beat Peabody in Trenton in the regular season of 2017. The last time that happened Peabody won the second go around. So over the past 7 years, UC leads this series 6-3. I think Peabody makes it 6-4 after this game though. 

Hope so ,tall order though!I did forget we lost to them on the way to 2A ship

40 minutes ago, Tide21 said:

We definitely got to limit turnovers. No room to shoot yourself in the foot and recover with a team that likes to use their offense as their defense 

That's the best way to describe The Golden Tornadoes brand of ball,4 yards at a time all night,dominate the clock wear down the D and never let your opponents O get rolling!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

You tide guys just come back to the .CA - Waverly topic. You guys have had your fun on the T several several times this yr! It's been boring as crap for us Waverly fans so come on over there and talk football! 

Yes it has they have been biring people get butt hurt to easily when they r plaging against Waverly no good trash talking

4 minutes ago, Wavo2004 said:

Yes it has they have been biring people get butt hurt to easily when they r plaging against Waverly no good trash talking

Yeah but it's no fun for me,I happen to really like you guys,y'all dish it out but take it and still stay respectable!But it's strange how offended some of your opponents get!!! 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, peabodypride said:

Yeah but it's no fun for me,I happen to really like you guys,y'all dish it out but take it and still stay respectable!But it's strange how offended some of your opponents get!!! 

Thanks yea . it was funny they was talking bout there stats they had against Eagleville. As a team total. So I gave them a lol from jus 2 playera against Lewis r qb had more yards by him self than there whole team. They keep saying that we think Waverly is unbeatable.but none of us have said they. I jus dont think CA people respect Waverly I can't wait fir r lil ole country school to go in there and hammer there private school and see what they say then