Quarterfinals: Marion County (7-5) at Tyner Academy (10-2)

steelcityroller

5 hours ago, TynerRamFan said:

A 3-time state finalist is no underdog...don't get it twisted! Everyone on this thread thinks MC will win. Just as they thought in the regular season. That's the way the "Rams" like it!!

Tyner came to our house and beat us in the regular season and won the region championship. You guys are on a 9 game win streak and playing at home. We are a .500 ball team. Doesn't matter what teams did the previous 3 years it's all about the kids playing now. Don't let some of these SP fans fool you into thinking your the 'dog. We all saw on the news after the Watertown game that Tyner wanted it to be us they played. They said they beat us once and they can correct some mistakes they made in the reg season and beat us again. We just hope we dont get blown out and keep it respectable.

Edited by PurplePower68

On 11/11/2017 at 9:53 PM, steelcityroller said:

Should be interesting. I have to say that Marion County looked much better in person than what I expected after looking back through their games. Trousdale County was able to move the ball on them at times but the 6 turnovers prevented the points. But Marion County's RB is a beast.

Its hard for me to fathom a Tyner team that beat Marion County 37-28 needed to score late to put away Watertown.

Is Marion County playing better to where they might be a different outcome this time?

Somebody stole Jasper's soul during the earlier part of the season and they played like if for several games. They were a team expected to make it back to C-ville for the 4th time in a row.  They are still that team but had to pull themselves together.  There defense is there weakness which is why they really need to control the ball and score when they have it.

It;s funny that all of us coacht coaches have told MC what to do all year and that is feed that Saylors young man the ball. You may stop him once,twice,three times or more,but sooner or later he is going to break a few runs. Congrats for getting it together when yall could have folded. I believe MC wins a close one this week.