JD Overton Out at Halls

AllRegion

Overton is going to be the middle school principle , wants to be home with his family more. If Ron Grey is coach he want have a team next year , and I don’t blame the boys, the guy is a jerk he can’t manage an offense much less the team ! Halls has made a big turn around and I just pray Grey doesn’t keep the interim job or halls will be terrible again 

30 minutes ago, Reddevil60 said:

Overton is going to be the middle school principle , wants to be home with his family more. If Ron Grey is coach he want have a team next year , and I don’t blame the boys, the guy is a jerk he can’t manage an offense much less the team ! Halls has made a big turn around and I just pray Grey doesn’t keep the interim job or halls will be terrible again 

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, but I have worked closely with Ron Gray and I can say that he is one of the finest men I have known. He was nothing but kind and open and welcoming, and that is how I have seen him treat every player. He's smart and a heck of a football coach, too. 

4 hours ago, Reddevil60 said:

I talked to him last night.  The principal thing isn't a done deal yet.  He wants to go in the administrative direction, but as he told me it's up to the decision of the powers that be downtown at this point.  

JD did a really good job at Halls, in my opinion.  He brought the program back to a competitive state.  He's leaving his successor in good shape.  JD is one of the guys I have really enjoyed dealing with during his tenure at Halls.  

I have talked to a couple of guys who plan on applying for that position.  There will be interest from some solid football coaches.  

Interesting that the Gibbs, Halls, and Powell jobs all came open this year.  A definite new direction in North and Northeast Knox County.  

On 4/6/2018 at 8:55 AM, AllRegion said:

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way, but I have worked closely with Ron Gray and I can say that he is one of the finest men I have known. He was nothing but kind and open and welcoming, and that is how I have seen him treat every player. He's smart and a heck of a football coach, too. 

I'm with you!! Ron Gray is one heck of a football coach and a better man!!! He would be a great choice for Halls. I've known him for a long time and whoever this is bad mouthing him in the earlier post has no idea about him. 

On 4/6/2018 at 1:12 PM, HTV said:

I talked to him last night.  The principal thing isn't a done deal yet.  He wants to go in the administrative direction, but as he told me it's up to the decision of the powers that be downtown at this point.  

JD did a really good job at Halls, in my opinion.  He brought the program back to a competitive state.  He's leaving his successor in good shape.  JD is one of the guys I have really enjoyed dealing with during his tenure at Halls.  

I have talked to a couple of guys who plan on applying for that position.  There will be interest from some solid football coaches.  

Interesting that the Gibbs, Halls, and Powell jobs all came open this year.  A definite new direction in North and Northeast Knox County.  

I also think he did a great job at Halls. I remember they were awful when he took over, but gradually they improved into a Playoff team. I've known JD since I was in High School. He's a great person. I hope he gets a Principal job.

Were Gibbs, Halls & Powell the only Head Coaching jobs that came open in Knoxville/Knox Co this year?

3 hours ago, AFoster9482 said:

Were Gibbs, Halls & Powell the only Head Coaching jobs that came open in Knoxville/Knox Co this year?

To this point, yes.  Hearing rumors that there could be another one coming open, but right now they are just rumors.  

4 hours ago, AFoster9482 said:

I also think he did a great job at Halls. I remember they were awful when he took over, but gradually they improved into a Playoff team. I've known JD since I was in High School. He's a great person. I hope he gets a Principal job.

Cough...cough...Carter?