Oak Ridge

gridiron13

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not say that Joe Gaddis was not a good coach. Just said that he would not be hired. I believe there is a difference. There are more factors in hiring a coach than him just being able to coach. Only time will tell if the "secret" committee makes the right choice. Some will be pleased and some will not and of course there will be some unhappy no matter who is hired. Don't know of anyone that does not have respect for Coach Carringer. Did not know that I said there was a lack of respect for him. Just said that he had his hands full. I did not know that being a part of a discussion had a requirement that someone cares who is selected as a coach of a particular football team. If you don't want to read my comments on here so be it, its your choice and its my choice to say whatever is on my mind as long as it is appropiate and does not violate the rules of the board.

Cat- PackScratchWatchLOSERS:

Personal vendettas are ugly, especially when they are aired publicly. It's a shame your son/"daughter's" high school football careers didn't live up to the expectations you hoped for, especially after your "careers" :lol: fizzled - yes, I know who you are.

Ask any current Oak Ridge football player, or any Wildcat from the last 10 years (except for your son/"daughter") who's best suited to be the head coach. To a man, they'll say RON GRAY. If that's not enough, look at the numbers - his offenses have averaged well over 35 points a game over his time as offensive coordinator.

Head Coaching experience? Give me a break! If you don't think Gray has a detailed plan as to how to take the 'Cats to consistent glory, then you haven't been by his classroom ANY Saturday or Sunday during the season (as any of his players do) to witness his commitment, work ethic, or dedication.

GET A LIFE, you "true Wildcat fans"

Well well Well! Someone ask why Stevens can't beat Fulton? I put it this way, it's hard beating a team two times. Every coach, player, fan, and anybody else knows that. Stevens can beat anyone he wants, if don't get the OR job he can bring his Roadrunners down to the Ridge and they'll beat OR. But give Stevens a chance. I hope he don't take the OR job but if he does, he'll be the right man for the job. He'll take OR back to Boro and he have the community behind. Right now they're not behind him because they're not giving him a chance.