Oak Ridge

gridiron13

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the Oak Ridge newpaper that can be read online, the committee has narrowed the number of applicants to 10. They will start interviewing those 10 and hopefully make a choice from that list. They will not announce who is in the top 10 as it really is not anyones business. The AD has said numerous times that they hope to have someone in place prior to the start of spring practice. From what I have read and heard they would like to have a selection of a coach by the first week in April. May or may not happen. You can read the article in the Oak Ridge paper as the website is theoakridger.com.

According to the Oak Ridge newpaper that can be read online, the committee has narrowed the number of applicants to 10.  They will start interviewing those 10 and hopefully make a choice from that list.  They will not announce who is in the top 10 as it really is not anyones business.  The AD has said numerous times that they hope to have someone in place prior to the start of spring practice.  From what I have read and heard they would like to have a selection of a coach by the first week in April.  May or may not happen.  You can read the article in the Oak Ridge paper as the website is theoakridger.com.

825628891[/snapback]

I really hate to disagree with you on this one, but PUBLIC schools are run by the PUBLIC throught the democratic process of voting and any school authority or school board that keeps the names of prospective employees private from any concerned citizen or group of citizens is violating the laws of public disclosure.

I really hate to disagree with you on this one, but PUBLIC schools are run by the PUBLIC throught the democratic process of voting and any school authority or school board that keeps the names of prospective employees private from any concerned citizen or group of citizens is violating the laws of public disclosure.

825630534[/snapback]

Under the "Sunshine Law" the citizen has to request the information first. They do not have to make everything public they don't want to otherwise.

Just be glad when they make a decision so all the speculating about 'Rankin' in the Boro will end. :lol:

Good Luck OR on your decision. Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

Under the "Sunshine Law" the citizen has to request the information first.  They do not have to make everything public they don't want to otherwise. 

Just be glad when they make a decision so all the speculating about 'Rankin' in the Boro will end. :lol:

Good Luck OR on your decision.  Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

825630816[/snapback]

After a request was made, the system would have ample time to review the request and disclose the information...probably enough time to complete the process and announce the new coach first.

Should our public officials be conducting the public's business in secret? That is probably not a topic for the football board.

When is OR scheduled to have spring practice? That should give us a timeline for when to expect the annoucement of the new coach.

If I was on the committee I wouldn't want my name made public. People would drive you crazy asking who on the list,whose the favorite and why did you pick him? If I was a coach and didn't make the cut I don't think I would want my employer to know I was looking else where, either.

I am told by relaible sources that the principal at Oak Ridge who has already resigned taking another position of employment for next year will be very instrumental in the hiring process for the next head coach at Oak Ridge. I find that absurd to think that someone who will have nothing to gain or lose would be involved in this process. No matter the outcome with a lame duck principal being involved there will always be questions as to why the school board and administration would allow this to go on, it makes no sense at all. Someone needs to be accountable, but the principal will be gone and will have no accountability at all. Strange.