Oak Ridge

gridiron13

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tnbreakers, why in your opinion is this being allowed. There has to be some underlying reason or purpose that someone has in mind, and I am afraid it is not going to be looked at favorably by the community. Also why are we being so secretive about this selection process, keeping the committee's names unknown, not releasing any info on the candidates, even Halls is making their process more public friendly. It just makes you wonder if someone does not want to be accountable at some  point in time. Do you think they already have a candidate in mind for the job and the interview process is just a formality? I don't know you may be closer to the situation than me with better info. I just want the best coach for the kids, and the community. Hopefully the folks in charge of this process are after the same.

825636281[/snapback]

If you have ever coached high school football, then you would know that the general policy is that it is the Principals decision who gets hired as the head coach. This was made apparent at Anderson County when Kerr was hired and in Clinton when Catlett was hired. I believe that this is a policy that should change. The hiring of a head coach should be a team effort between the AD, Principal, School Board and PTA. It's unfortunate that it's not. At the college level, head coaches are interviewed and hired by a board of trustees, which makes a lot more sense, and is usually voted on by the staff, faculty and alumni. Of course this is based on my only experience as a college coach at Maryville College. I would like to see high schools adapt a similar process.

Catscratch, You and I should get on the same side because if what you say is true nobody cares what either one of us says or thinks.

I never said Joe was not a good coach. He had his issues(like everyone). He is one of the best a taking a down program and making a winner out of them. I know why he left and I am sure you do to. As for all the championship folks walking the halls maybe they can't make the grades or they are just to lazy. Stuff happens you know.

I will continue to support the team and continue to support the boosters by cooking for them and the team even if they bring Steve Superior in from South Carolina. I am a fan of Oak Ridge Sports and will not say or do anything to hurt them.

Bring on the new coach and lets get started winning another state championship, and stop fighting among ourselfs. Nuff Said!! let it end here.

I have no doubt that a hire has in fact been made.

When it will become "official" is not yet known. Sadly enough, it will probably be just in time for the Knoxville paper to get the info before the hometown paper does, hehe.

825638587[/snapback]

If you know who it is come on out with it.

Didn't mean to imply I knew anything officially. Just the tap dancing I have got on the phone all day leads me to think a hire has been made. Perhaps they are waiting on Chuck to get back from his conference, or meetings out of town.

Think he is scheduled back tomorrow evening. I have never spent this much time in the office during the afternoon, praying for the phone call to come in. In fact, just yesterday a little birdie told me to be waiting this morning because the golden call would in fact be made.

So much for that happening, but I am hopeful to hear something soon.

bounder,

You are correct! I don't know of any superstars walking the halls. Most of the kids that haven't played that were capable of helping the team since my family moved here have had more legal problems to worry about versus playing football. Too many times people want to look at a coach and say if you would have gotten those kids involved they would have stayed out of trouble. Bull#$@!, it starts at HOME!

OR will hire a quality coach and it just may be announced today!