Oak Ridge

gridiron13

How do you people know all of this? Outside of a few people who were on the committee, the names of the people that even got interviews were not public knowledge. I am as close to the program as anybody and nobody has said a word about this. Contrary to popular opinion, I don't know who will be the next head coach. I can tell you this, I can't wait for this to be over so all the rumors and speculation will end and the guys can get down to playing football. I am as bad as anybody trying to figure this out and in a bad case of judgment made a few remarks, in jest, which have made people think I know something. I know as much as most people on here. Just rumors. Please don't associate me with these because it can only compromise the situation. I am sure the committee has made a fine choice and I will support him like all Oak Ridgers loyal to the program will.

Edited by DCCATVOICE

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never fear the CATPACK is still here alive and well and the CATPACK NATION is excited the players, fans and supporters of the mighty Oak Ridge Wildcat Football program will be getting a real head COACH. As long as it is a coach with successful HEAD COACHING EXPERIENCE. This means: " good luck Ronnie on finding a new job!" What goes around comes around. I over heard several attorneys talking about a huge class suit if he got the job any way.

To bounder...please go with Bruce. I can't afford the cases of pepto any more.

To TNbreakers: There have been many kids who should have played football for Oak Ridge who could have made a huge difference. If Peyton Manning was at Oak Ridge roaming the halls Bruce wouldn't have lifted his little finger to ask him to play because of his arrogance. Yes it starts at home but these players don't get to choose their parents. I also know the right mentors and or coaches could have made a difference. You have great kids dude. You are very fortunate. I know two kids, GL and DS, two of the best ever were promised the world, and went to heck after they joined the breakers and never played after their 9th grade year here. That is a shame! Sorry. I hope both of your's have a great year. We did miss your basketball player this year. Did he decide to concentrate on football?

Hey catpack youre such a loser...Bruce Lussier was as good a coach as you could want. He knew the x's and o's as good as anybody, he organized the program extremely well. He had ONE 6-4 season and thats because the talent on the team was terrible. He also did go 12-2 back to back years with talent that wasnt extraordinary. So why dont you just support the cats and love them instead of trying to find somebody to hate. You are probably just not happy with your life and want to find somebody to take your hate out on you. But Bruce Lussier will definitly missed as the next head coach will not meet up his standards

ORcats14, you don't know what you are talking about. Wins and losses have nothing to do with it. No one said he didn't know x's and o's. Big deal. The program will be much better. You have no idea what I have done to support the program the last 30 years. I'll bet more than you ever will. Watch who you call a loser.

Please you two settle down. Who is DS and GL? And what do they have to do with the new season. Never mind I just found out Strick and Lee, is the names I've been told. Still don't know who they are but from my understanding these kids were very talented but had a lot of off the field issues. I do agree with breaker in some ways. A "COACH" job is to be able to assist these kids maturity and help trouble kids become men. I do understand that you don't want cancers but there are ways. I see it at AE and Fulton all the time. I must say Stevens does a good job with trouble kids. The kids can relate to the coaches and vica versa. The coach has ways to approach the kid and more importantly his family. AE coaches eat holiday dinners with some of their kids parents. The kids come over to the coaches houses to hang out. You will see a lot players with coach Tillman, Rice, Graham, Petit and more improtantly Stevens out in the community. The good thing is you also see players that have graduated with them also. They become these kids male role models. I bet you can ask any former AE player when was the last time they talked to a coach they will all tell you recently. It would be a surprise to me for Oak Ridge not hire Stevens. He already lives in Oak Ridge. He knows most of the kids families and home situations. He also knows football. The man has average at least 6 college scholarship signees a year. In 6 years he has over 30 kids still in school and 6 which have graduated or about to graduate from college. Several in the military and over a 6 year period over 87% graduation rate. And that is at a school with not a lot of financial or community support. I bet Stevens would have saved DS and GL. thumb

Catpack, sorry to hear my cooking bothers you. It gives me heartburn sometimes too. Just come by and donate $5.00 to the boosters. You don't have to eat anything.

As for moving to Nashville, my home is and always has been Oak Ridge. Bruce is gone so let's all get behind the new coach and support Oak Ridge football and stop putting each other down.