Oak Ridge

gridiron13

Take this for what it is worth. Tommy Laurendine is one of five finalist for the head coaching job at the University of Arkansas at Monticello. This was announced on March 25th. Just 'google" "Tommy Laurendine" for more details.

825638907[/snapback]

I remember hism as a standout QB at ORHS...didnt he play at OR Jeffrson in JR High???

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What implications on the current coaching staff do you see if someone outside the program is hired? Specifically, does Stevens (if) bring former Wildcat Kwayu Graham and/or others with him. Generally, what may other candidates do to the staff, if anything? How long would Gray stay if he had to wait, as Lussier did?

Ive heard David Bibee (chatanooga baylor) got offered the coaching job.  doesn;t soudn real exciting to me, but at least it aint gray

825639738[/snapback]

Coach Bibee has a nice resume', with 1A and AA college coaching experience. Heard he is having a tough time with administration at Baylor too. He would be a good fit for that community.

Wasn't Bibee a star high school player in TN way back when and possibly even play some at UT?

825639890[/snapback]

Yep. He was the quarterback at Tennessee High in the early/mid 70s. He led the Vikings to a state championship one year on a team that some call the best high school team every from Tennessee.

If memory serves he played both football and baseball at UT.

I just think its pathetic that UT Men's basketball can hire a coach in under 2 weeks and there will probably be a new Pope in under a month but the great collection of brains that is our high schools administation can't hire a football coach in under 2 monthes.

I just think its pathetic that UT Men's basketball can hire a coach in under 2 weeks and there will probably be a new Pope in under a month but the great collection of brains that is our high schools administation can't hire a football coach in under 2 monthes.

825639979[/snapback]

I'm sure they're not having trouble finding one. Just taking their time with all of the possible people that would want to coach there.

I must admit I am a little shocked at the reported choice if true.I thought we would go after a proven head coach with a little more of a winning record,but maybe is he a good teacher. I just hope we are not getting into a spot like we were in with the hire we made in the early 1980's. We hired a good man and good teacher but winning apparently was not a priority to him. You can find both in a coach, a winner and a soild teacher. We have had that combination in the past.