Oak Ridge

gridiron13

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy are the Wildcat faithful up in arms or what, but who can blame them with the choices that the people in charge over there are making. How can a school not just a school, but the most tradition rich school in this state make the poor choices that their system seems to be making, I have not seen one candidate that has been rumored to have been interviewed that is qualified to lead that program. Oak Ridge does not have to settle for 3rd or 4th best but it seems that is what they want to do. I know they can hire a better coach than the ones they are interviewing if the list is true.Hopefully it is not true and when all the smoke settles, someone who can continue the great football tradition, and excellence will be leading the mighty Cats. I hope so for the good of football in East TN. Maybe they could give Halls a call for some help. Central Bobcat

Was he a great coach? Absolutely. Does he deserve a second chance? Everyone does, but not here. When you have (in my opinion) the best coaching job in the state, you make sure you do NOTHING to jeopardize that.

825637600[/snapback]

I have sat by watching these posts for some time, and I must respond to a few. First, Brother of "Big Ty", Coach Gaddis is a phenomenal coach. If he applied, he was without a doubt the best football coach that applied. Ask any player that played for him. Your interest is obviously not what is best for the program. You want what is best for the next year. We need what is best for the program. Nobody can bring excitement like Coach Gaddis.

And so you'll know, he was not "asked" to leave. He left on his own accord to pursue another job. So, you too should know the facts before you speak. It is a shame that a bunch of gossip, jealous people, and bitter and jealous assitant coaches and cookers have started things and people take them at face value. So, I guess it's not your fault, but know the facts. He is awesome. You would love him, and so would everyone else on the team.

Bounder has been making comments as well. The only person that cared what Bounder thought left for Nashville. He needs to go there on Friday nights to watch games.

Hopefully we will make the right hire. If he is the best for the future, he'll be the best for next year. We need a PROVEN head coach. Oak Ridge is not a training ground or trial ground for people that want to be head coaches. Previous head coaching experience should be in the job description.

825638175[/snapback]

Catscratch,

I guess we have to do this again. First off, if you read my post then would have seen me say (and I quote) "Was he a great coach? Absolutely". A little advice, read before you post.

My interest has ALWAYS been what is best for the program. The best coach that applied and interviewed (you know you do have to interview) should get the job. Period! We should never select a coach for one year. And if it is true what you say (the verdict is still out on that one) that he left to pursue another job then I say GOOD RIDDANCE!!! I don't care how great he is, if he did not appreciate the job the first time what makes you think he would the second time around?

Man, it is just like last year. You say you support the Wildcats, I say you have a funny way of showing it. Why don't you support the Wildcats instead of having these dreams of bringing back a coach that you say "left on his own accord to pursue another job". Please, oh please come back to earth.

As for your shot at Bounder, he supports the Wildcats more than you ever dreamed of supporting them.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

After Tuesday's false alarm will anyone dare predict when we'll hear something. I hope I can make the Booster's Chili Cook-off this afternoon just to hear the rumors flying around. Just over 2 weeks until practice.

Does Jackie Pope have a teaching certificate?

I have sat by watching these posts for some time, and I must respond to a few. First, Brother of "Big Ty", Coach Gaddis is a phenomenal coach. If he applied, he was without a doubt the best football coach that applied. Ask any player that played for him. Your interest is obviously not what is best for the program. You want what is best for the next year. We need what is best for the program. Nobody can bring excitement like Coach Gaddis.

And so you'll know, he was not "asked" to leave. He left on his own accord to pursue another job. So, you too should know the facts before you speak. It is a shame that a bunch of gossip, jealous people, and bitter and jealous assitant coaches and cookers have started things and people take them at face value. So, I guess it's not your fault, but know the facts. He is awesome. You would love him, and so would everyone else on the team.

Bounder has been making comments as well. The only person that cared what Bounder thought left for Nashville. He needs to go there on Friday nights to watch games.

Hopefully we will make the right hire. If he is the best for the future, he'll be the best for next year. We need a PROVEN head coach. Oak Ridge is not a training ground or trial ground for people that want to be head coaches. Previous head coaching experience should be in the job description.

825638175[/snapback]

Catscratch,

I guess we have to do this again. First off, if you read my post then would have seen me say (and I quote) "Was he a great coach? Absolutely". A little advice, read before you post.

My interest has ALWAYS been what is best for the program. The best coach that applied and interviewed (you know you do have to interview) should get the job. Period! We should never select a coach for one year. And if it is true what you say (the verdict is still out on that one) that he left to pursue another job then I say GOOD RIDDANCE!!! I don't care how great he is, if he did not appreciate the job the first time what makes you think he would the second time around?

Man, it is just like last year. You say you support the Wildcats, I say you have a funny way of showing it. Why don't you support the Wildcats instead of having these dreams of bringing back a coach that you say "left on his own accord to pursue another job". Please, oh please come back to earth.

As for your shot at Bounder, he supports the Wildcats more than you ever dreamed of supporting them.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL

825641456[/snapback]

Brother, if Coach Gaddis applied for the job and did not get an interview then you have just witnessed one of the biggest injustices of all time to the kids of this community, the school and the loyal fans of the Wildcats. From the names that have been rumored to have been interviewed coach Gaddis should have been the first on the list, unless there is someone else on the list who got passed over for the ones we did interview and I sure hope that is not the case. As far as his leaving Oak Ridge the first time my point to you was and still is this he left on his own not because someone asked him to. I hope if you ever make a bad decision and want another chance someone gives you that opportunity, we all deserve and need that from time to time. I will do my best to stay down to earth,and yes bounder has been very supportive of this program and he should be commended,but I thought some comments he and others made disrespected our tradition. After all the last Championship we won around here was orchestrated by the one whom who you guys seem to fear so much,it is just hard to understand the lack of appreciation, and not wanting to experience that championship tradition again here. But I guess you just want what is best?

Sounds like things are mess in Oak Ridge. That Gaddis fellow was a good coach, but its hard not be with the stable of athletes he had, heck just roll out the ball. Why did he ever leave? Wasn't something he was doing outside of football? Anyhow, all I know is Oak Ridge looked good last year, I watched the Riverdale game. If there defense could have stepped it up they would have won, but you can ask your offense to score everytime they have the ball. I was most impressed with how the scored on Riverdale, I think at some points they had Rankin confused, which is a task in itself. Anyhow, hope things go well out there, hate to screw up another great team. Who are the candidates ? Now

Congratulations Wildcat fans it sounds like from what I have heard on sports talk today that the guy from Baylor did not work out. Now maybe your search comittee will do the right thing, go out and hire a head coach that is deserving of the Oak Ridge job. You guys don't have to settle for someone who is not proven or a homer that thinks he deserves the job because he's been there X amount of years. If your former coach that was there when you won your last state championship is really an applicant how could you not go after him, because it sounds like you have not had a lot of bites from proven head coaches. If he did not apply disregard they also were talking about him on sports talk today,but they did not know if he had applied for sure just said it had been rumored. Good luck to you guys no matter what I have enjoyed and respected the great rivalry that our two schools have had. Wish we still played but I am sure it is our side that does not wish too. Also I got to see you guys play a game or two last year and your tailback that wears #1 is great both in his ability and the size of his heart. Central Bobcat