Oak Ridge

gridiron13

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preach on, Tnbreakers. I couldn't agree more about it all starting at home. Whether it be academics, sports, or citizenship - character starts at home. I'm just glad I live in a town that the community supports those kids and families that put forth the effort and discipline. I, as I assume you did, moved my family (kids) here to give them the advantages afforded by living in Oak Ridge. BUT, living here is nothing without raising them yourselves.

I personally will support the new coach no matter who the choice is. I just hope the emphasis was placed on someone to continue to build the program. Someone who understands selling the program (football and character) to the kids before they reach high school. My six and eight year olds have been treated wonderfully by the Wildcat players and coaches for the last three years.

The wait is killing me.

Edited by OR nole

OK, now that I have regained control of myself and remembered that I have been through this before ... I have to apologize.

The players meeting was scheduled well in advance of today to discuss some fundraising things and to get an idea of players who were going out, that had not been on the team prior.

I just got off the phone with the head of the committee and have been guaranteed that no hire has been made. There are three on the board and a decision is coming very quickly. The excitement, I believe, really got to people today due to some things that could have been said in the halls of ORHS. I got caught up with it due to what seems like a million phone calls/e-mails about the situation.

I am going to stick with Carringer and hope he is telling me the truth on this one. It's not here yet, but the light at the end of the tunnel is much more clear. Of course, this post is subject to change on a minute-by-minute basis.

:D

Tommy Laurendine serves as offensive coordinator for the Mulerider football team. Laurendine came to SAU from the University of West Alabama in Livingston, where he was the offensive coordinator from 1997 to 1999. Before his stint at UWA, he was the offensive coordinator at Washington and Lee University in Lexington, Va., from 1995 to 1996.

Laurendine began his coaching career in 1990 as a student assistant at Lenoir-Rhyne College in Hickory, N.C., where he had an outstanding collegiate career. From there, he was a graduate assistant at the University of West Georgia, where he coached wide receivers and tight ends. His next assignment was at Dalton, Ga., where he coached quarterbacks at Northwest High School.

As a standout quarterback in college, Laurendine earned two letters at Appalachian State University in Boone, N.C., before transferring to Lenoir-Rhyne in 1988, where he was the 1988 and 1989 South Atlantic Conference Offensive Player of the Year, shattering several school records.

A native of Oak Ridge, Tenn., Laurendine earned his B.A. degree in physical education from Lenoir-Rhyne in 1990 and a Master?s degree from West Georgia in 1993. He is married to the former Shawna Sauls, who was hired as the head volleyball coach at SAU in 2001. The Laurendine?s have two daughters, three-year old Alexa Landry, and newborn Lakin Lee.

who the heck is tommy laurendine???

825638810[/snapback]

Take this for what it is worth. Tommy Laurendine is one of five finalist for the head coaching job at the University of Arkansas at Monticello. This was announced on March 25th. Just 'google" "Tommy Laurendine" for more details.

Edited by OR nole

Just let me know if Coach Stevens from AE is in the top 3?  I'm hoping he stays at AE because he's the right choice for the AE job and I would hate for him to leave but I would wish him the best of luck..

825639190[/snapback]

He is.

Just let me know if Coach Stevens from AE is in the top 3?  I'm hoping he stays at AE because he's the right choice for the AE job and I would hate for him to leave but I would wish him the best of luck..

825639190[/snapback]

Come visit me below AE, when you get time. I'm missing your antics.

I hope the coach at AE stays where he is. I like AE the way they are...hard to handle. I mean, how boring would it be if Fulton got to steam roll EVERYONE every year.

It's still Stanton Stevens at AE, right? ;)