Oak Ridge

gridiron13

There's not a difference in football.  They have to tackle the same, run the same, suit up the same, score the same;  There's no difference.

However, the difference is Oak Ridge has more students then AE.  Don't get on here saying OR would beat AE because AE is 3A, there's not a difference. 

Now either talk more about Coach Stevens or go ahead and tell him he won't get the job so he can get his Roadrunners up and running.  Let's GO AE!!  It's been to long and OR should've named a coach by now.

825643701[/snapback]

Here we go with this again, there is a DISTINCT DIFFERENCE between 3A football at its highest level and 5A football at its highest level. There is a reason the classes of football are separated the way they are. Can a very good 3A team beat a 5A team, of course, on any given day one team can beat another. 9 out of 10 times the 5A team will destroy the 3A team. You can`t honestly believe that there is no difference in football.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go with this again, there is a DISTINCT DIFFERENCE between 3A football at its highest level and 5A football at its highest level. There is a reason the classes of football are separated the way they are. Can a very good 3A team beat a 5A team, of course, on any given day one team can beat another. 9 out of 10 times the 5A team will destroy the 3A team. You can`t honestly believe that there is no difference in football.

825644102[/snapback]

Let me tell you the difference. The difference is 3A schools don't have as many students as 5A schools. That's the only difference.

Now you tell your folks in OR to hurry up and make a decision, us AE folks are tired of hearing "We will have a coach by mid week, by the end of the week, etc.." If you're going to hire our coach away from AE, please let him know so he can let AE's AD know so he can begin his own search. Remember spring practice is just a couple of weeks away.

If anyone who reads this can say they never made a mistake PLEASE LET US KNOW! Most people don't know the reason Joe Gaddis left Oak Ridge for Mississippi after Bruce had him followed so he could get leverage to steal his job. So what if he got a little boooger on the side on his own time. None of your business.

At least he didn't get his rocks off humiliating players. And looking down his nose at people.

Heard of forgiveness? Look into it.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Yes he can coach OR again if chosen.

Let me tell you the difference.  The difference is 3A schools don't have as many students as 5A schools. That's the only difference. 

Now you tell your folks in OR to hurry up and make a decision, us AE folks are tired of hearing "We will have a coach by mid week, by the end of the week, etc.."  If you're going to hire our coach away from AE, please let him know so he can let AE's AD know so he can begin his own search.    Remember spring practice is just a couple of weeks away.

825644143[/snapback]

They have more kids to choose from and more kids fighting to have a starting position.

I agree with the Oak Ridge part though, I'm excited to hear who will be taking over.

If anyone who reads this can say they never made a mistake PLEASE LET US KNOW! Most people don't know the reason Joe Gaddis left Oak Ridge for Mississippi after Bruce had him followed so he could get leverage to steal his job. So what if he got a little boooger on the side on his own time. None of your business.

At least he didn't get his rocks off humiliating players. And looking down his nose at people.

Heard of forgiveness? Look into it.

Everyone deserves a second chance.

Yes he can coach OR again if chosen.

825644161[/snapback]

i agree completely. everyone deserves a second chance and everyone screws up every now and then. let by gones be by gones and hire the coach that has won more ball games in oak ridge history than any one else.

I certainly hope that a moderator is reading this thread. It seems to be getting out of hand with all the name calling and such. Why is that some people cannot have a discussion about a subject and keep the comments civil. Imaturity, I guess. Please close it down. Thanks.

Hopefully we all can cool the personal comments about any coach on this board. I'm surprised that the thread has not been locked before now. We all are anxious about the choice to be made and personally I am glad that Chuck is being deliberate about this choice. The people on the committee, while secret, I'm sure have the best interest of our town at heart and are every bit as passionate about our football program (or more) as the most vocal poster on this board. As for me, I will fully support whoever gets the job, as I have since I moved here. Patience people.

I certainly hope that a moderator is reading this thread.  It seems to be getting out of hand with all the name calling and such.  Why is that some people cannot have a discussion about a subject and keep the comments civil.  Imaturity, I guess.  Please close it down.  Thanks.

825644212[/snapback]

What? You post about your right to your opinion but don't care who the coach will be and now you want some posts shut down? What a hypocrite.

If you don't like it don't read it moron. Oh gosh did I name-call?

What? You post about your right to your opinion but don't care who the coach will be and now you want some posts shut down? What a hypocrite.

Wow, you pegged papajt with that description. Papa's other favorite topic is running down the Lady Wildcat basketball players and their accomplishments. Why does someone who says they couldn't care less about Oak Ridge post so much about Oak Ridge sports? Oh well, we love ya anyway Papajt!

Bravo Boyfromsi, well said.

Edited by WillieTheWildcat

It is obvious that you guys only read what I post about Oak Ridge and not the other posts. I do not resort to name calling unlike others. No reason to do that IMO. Do not want the post shut down because someone post an opinion, but because some people tend to get personal and resort to unwarranted name calling. Guess some things will never change. Oh well, as Ronnie would have said on to the next topic. I am through here and you guys can beat someone else up. No sense in discussing a topic with someone that does not repsect anothers opinion.