Guest catfish-hunter

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what do u guys think about oakland's backfield

825635826[/snapback]

Wow, I take a long weekend off the board and everyone is playing! :o

As to Oakland's backfield, Forrest has improved tremendously. Especially with his throwing on the run. He appears to see more of the field and is throwing accurately. The back I saw was sort of 'tenative' and would be better at wide receiver than at back. Just my opinion though. The short game the current coach has was nice to see. I always wondered why a 'west coast offense' was not used more in High School. The ability to go deep it opens up is nice to see as well.

I would move the right side of the line to the left side as Forrest seems to roll that way more and he needs to be protected. At least until the current left side bulks up some more.

This is gonna be another fun season I can see already! :)

My PreSeason 5A Top 5:

1) Riverdale (Easy pick...until they lose a game the number 1 spot is locked up.)

2) Oak Ridge (A new coach doesn't always hurt..03' Gtown comes to mind.)

3) Franklin (Has joined 5A elite..no more rebuilding just reloading.)

4) Germantown (Young team last year with the ability to be special if offense can improve.)

5) Cookeville (Great season last year with many returning players...Possible dark horse but the East side of the bracket will be brutal as usual.)

5) Dobyns Bennett (Another year another 9 or 10 win season for the Indians..but it wont mean as much without a playoff win over Oak Ridge.)

I feel it is kind of early for me to hit yall with my pick, because they haven't even had spring yet! But I will say this, for everyone that is picking a rematch of Alcoa and Huntingdon for the 2A crown, remember they do have a season to play first! Huntingdon also has a tough region this year in 7-2A! They still have to face Westview, Milan, USJ, and others so anything can happen! thumb

I feel it is kind of early for me to hit yall with my pick, because they haven't even had spring yet! But I will say this, for everyone that is picking a rematch of Alcoa and Huntingdon for the 2A crown, remember they do have a season to play first! Huntingdon also has a tough region this year in 7-2A! They still have to face Westview, Milan, USJ, and others so anything can happen! thumb

825637499[/snapback]

i agrree its two early to say but it will more than likely be milan or westview i dont think huntingdon can do it again and for alcoa well lets just say if so they will get a taste of defense hopefully

Guest catfish-hunter
LA doesnt have Colson this year true! but we r stronger as a team than anytime in the past! i wouldnt count Livingston Academy out in 3A........yea no1 gives them a chance against A.E and Fulton.....but lets say they ant meet the smash mouth fball we play around here.........yea ther fast but where strong and Cates will be doin alot of throwen this year so u wait and see...........LA could finish 1-3 in the region and make a serious run in the Playoffs

825635815[/snapback]

I highly doubt that LA plays smashmouth football like Greenbrier has the last two or three years with Herndon & Co. in the backfield.

In 5A, I think it is easy to say Riverdale is still on top until they are knocked off. I think their biggest contenders will be:

Ooltewah (Loaded, but without a coach. Should not matter with their talent)

DB (Come on, it's DB. They are always in the thick of it)

Soddy Daisy (Anytime you have Coach Weathers, you have a shot)

Franklin (They have proven themselves as a year in, year out contender)

Cookeville (Last years 12-2 record was no fluke. They will be back)

Oak Ridge (Loaded once again, but like Ooltewah they are without coach. Also, they have a brutal schedule, @DB, @Jeff Co (who has one of the best RB's in Shiverdecker), @Ooltewah and @ Soddy Daisy)

It will be a great year in 5A football.

I highly doubt that LA plays smashmouth football like Greenbrier has the last two or three years with Herndon & Co. in the backfield.

825637589[/snapback]

Ive seen both teams play over the past couple years, and Livingston's backfield has been just as good or better than that of Greenbrier's. Colson and Vaughn, what a combination Livingston had.

Saw someone talking about the upcoming Soph QB at Lincoln County earlier in this thread. One thing is for sure, maybe not next year but soon the kid will be a player. When I saw him two seasons ago ( as an 8th grader) he was far ahead of any kid I have seen in the passing game at that age.

Also I got a chance to see Oakland a couple of times during their Spring. They looked much stronger across the board. I thought for the vanilla offense it looked like they ran, things went fairly well. If Cowan plays up to the potential that he shows flashes of this could be a team to watch out for.