PAIN TRAIN COMIN THRU

2priceless

Nothing has to be proven to you.......we will live up to the hype. After all ,stats could never ever come close to ascertaining the DESIRE and the INTENSITY of this group of kids.

825655028[/snapback]

3 questions...

-what will you have to say if oakland does not live up to the hype?

-how far will oakland make it in the playoffs?

-will oakland beat riverdale?

i already know the answers to all 3 questions, just wanted to see what you have to say :P ...

me...i personally think oakland will win atleast 3 games (siegal, blackman, lavergne) but i dont know what non region teams oakland faces this year. i have also heard smyrna is not gonna match of to their 2004 team so i think yall could potentially knock them off too

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 questions...

-what will you have to say if oakland does not live up to the hype?

-how far will oakland make it in the playoffs?

-will oakland beat riverdale?

i already know the answers to all 3 questions, just wanted to see what you have to say :P ...

me...i personally think oakland will win atleast 3 games (siegal, blackman, lavergne) but i dont know what non region teams oakland faces this year. i have also heard smyrna is not gonna match of to their 2004 team so i think yall could potentially knock them off too

825655032[/snapback]

here is my only question..............with the new superintendent refusing to grant zone exemptions to anyone playing athletics........how do you expect to get to stay at RHS?

Zone exemptions work both ways - not just one way:

Do the names Carlos and Marease Crawford mean anything?

What about Al and Anthony Mitchell?

Desmond Rhodes and Daryl Smith were also supposed to go to Riverdale but either acquired a zone exemption or a transfer - I could be wrong regarding those two.

Transfers work both ways too:

Pedro Crutcher and Troy Broughton.

Riverdale isn't the only school ever to have students get a zone exemption.

Riverdale isn't the only school ever to get transfers.

Zone exemptions work both ways - not just one way:

Do the names Carlos and Marease Crawford mean anything?

What about Al and Anthony Mitchell?

Desmond Rhodes and Daryl Smith were also supposed to go to Riverdale but either acquired a zone exemption or a transfer - I could be wrong regarding those two.

Transfers work both ways too:

Pedro Crutcher and Troy Broughton.

"Riverdale isn't the only school ever to have students get a zone exemption.

Riverdale isn't the only school ever to get transfers.

825655116[/snapback]

think he means that if u have a zone exemption that u should keep ur big mouth shut on the T about the school u are supposed to go to. and tdntn is zoned ohs and is playing football for rhs right now.he should be keeping a low profile and he needs to keep his big mouth shut.

'los was in ohs zone fella. nolan did his best to make him siegel zone. but he was able to choose to stay at ohs. not in rhs zone. good try.

i do not know any of the guys u listed above except for daryl and he is in our zone. if u want to add some more try ralph king and taron henry. unless i am wrong none of the above u were trying to talk about were ever a mr football out of zone like king ralphie.

Edited by olandpats

"u should keep ur big mouth shut"

"he needs to keep his big mouth shut"

"fella"

"good try"

Tough words for someone on a computer!

Anyway, to keep it civil, the Crawfords may have ended up in Oakland's zone, but before their 9th grade year, they were zoned Riverdale.

And I thought your knowledge and appreciation of Oakland football would be more keen to not know Mr. Crutcher and Mr. Broughton - two starting offensive linemen on Oakland's '98 championship team - and two very good linemen I might add.

Where Ralph King lived I don't know. It doesn't matter before your 9th grade year to the TSSAA. After that it matters to them. My point is that people get exemptions and people transfer - everywhere - not just to Riverdale.

Maryville fans? Any of this sound familiar?

"u should keep ur big mouth shut"

"he needs to keep his big mouth shut"

"fella"

"good try"

Tough words for someone on a computer!

Anyway, to keep it civil, the Crawfords may have ended up in Oakland's zone, but before their 9th grade year, they were zoned Riverdale.

And I thought your knowledge and appreciation of Oakland football would be more keen to not know Mr. Crutcher and Mr. Broughton - two starting offensive linemen on Oakland's '98 championship team - and two very good linemen I might add.

Where Ralph King lived I don't know. It doesn't matter before your 9th grade year to the TSSAA. After that it matters to them. My point is that people get exemptions and people transfer - everywhere - not just to Riverdale.

Maryville fans? Any of this sound familiar?

825655139[/snapback]

well i do know where ralph lived and it was ohs zone all 4 yrs of hs.and so was taron. and now so is tamar butler but he is in blackman zone not ours. where los lived before 9th grade is not relevant.u even said that urself so why did u try to bring it up then? what matters is where he lived in 9th grade and beyond and it was ohs zone. so what u said did not apply to anything. the 2 '98 dudes were before my time. have no clue where they lived to argue about it.never even heard of the other dudes that must have been a long time ago. u can only come up with that few names? i can come up with more than that list u gave that are on the rhs team right now. and urs are from yrs and yrs.bet u feel pretty stupid. oh no i might get u upset again saying that. :P

this is a message board. u come on and in 7 posts make sure to trash my school in all of them in some way. so yes i will get hostile . if u dont like it stay off the T or especially away from me. it t is only for the big dogs. if u are so sensitive maybe u need to take some of ur novacaine to numb ur lil feelings.

Edited by olandpats

think he means that if u have a zone exemption that u should keep ur big mouth shut on the T about the school u are supposed to go to. and tdntn is zoned ohs and is playing football for rhs right now.he should be keeping a low profile and he needs to keep his big mouth shut.

825655126[/snapback]

whats the big deal dude? what have i done to you. its fools like u who need to get off "the T". i honestly do not know where im zoned for (so also i would like to know how you know if i dont know my dern self) but i would think it would be riverdale. after all my brother did play basketball FOR FOUR YEARS at riverdale and i dont recall the TSSAA saying anything about that. (most likely cause i am zoned for riverdale) im bout to wrap up my 1st year at RHS and they never mentioned anything to me.

i live right off rutherford probably EXACTLY the same distances from both schools (since you can get to both schools easily off of rutherford)

If you really want to get technicla the TSSAA doesnt care where you live or where you are zoned UNTIL you transfer to another school you cans tart at whatever school you want it only matters when you transfer or move. that is when elegiblity comes in question after you have started at one High School and established partcipation .

Nothing has to be proven to you.......we will live up to the hype. After all ,stats could never ever come close to ascertaining the DESIRE and the INTENSITY of this group of kids.

825655028[/snapback]

Is there any hype about the oakland football team for next year? i havent heard of anything but i will tell you i do like your incoming freshman precious and Bass if they work hard and make the grades i think they could be D1 material

In 7 posts when have I "trashed" your school?

You're the one who seems fairly rattled, not me.

Look, get this through your heads regarding zone exemptions. If Ralph King lives in OHS' zone he can play at RHS IF:

He gets a zone exemption BEFORE his 9th grade season. That makes it A-OK for him to play at RHS under TSSAA rules. He continues to play there for his four years of eligibility and it's perfectly legal per TSSAA rules even if he lives in OHS' zone.

Transfers, if they transfer to a school out of their zone AFTER their 9th grade season, MUST sit out a full calendar year after their last game played. This is to discourage players from jumping school to school.

So you can complain about players such as Tamar Butler and Chad Hunter living wherever, but those guys, I suppose, got a zone exemption (hypothetically providing they lived out of zone in the first place) before their 9th grade years and are eleigible to play for Riverdale.

But then don't ask me, I'm a moron.

Oh, and olandpats, lighten up a tad. It's the "T" - a discussion board, that's all.

And just WHERE are these BIG dogs?? *looking cautiously*

Hypothetical scenario/question for pain train fans...

It's January 2006, Player A's parents are moving to Murfreesboro and buy one of those nice lots in the new subdivision across Warrior drive from Riverdale. They contract to build a house there that will be completed in July. In the meantime, they take a lease out on an apartment in the Oakland zone. Player A, who is a freshmen, is too young to drive and will walk to school at Riverdale in the fall.

Should Player A:

1. Apply for a zone exemption and attend Riverdale

2. Go to OHS in the spring, participate in spring practice there, and then transfer to Riverdale after the new house is built

The answer seems pretty obvious to me and seems to indicate that some zone exemptions are a good thing.

BTW, this scenario isn't really all that hypotheical. I understand similar ones have been played out a few times.