Oak Ridge Blunders Again

catscratch

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Oak Ridge play in the last few years?  They don't have a clue offensively.

825645983[/snapback]

I saw Oak Ridge play last year and thought they had the best offense we watched. They had great personnel but they also had a very good plan. They scored 28 points on a defense that went more than 10 straight games without giving up a touchdown. I believe OR averaged around 45 points per game last year?

Just saying that OR has a lot more offense than most teams...

Have you seen Oak Ridge play in the last few years?  They don't have a clue offensively.

825645983[/snapback]

Actually StormShadow, the only who doesn't have a clue is you. We were the #2 offense in the state, just after Riverdale. I find it impossible to believe you just luck into that. BTW, I have seen Oak Ridge play every game and scrimmage for the last 2 years and during that time frame, especially last season, the offense was well schemed and executed. I am excited about our new (old) coach and look forward to supporting the program.

That's nice...remove my whole post because of a half a word. ;)

The gists was this, remove the principal (that better?) or select an iterim coach until the prinicpal is gone and get on with football.

This is an outside opinion and not a slam: it's made the whole process look bad and the school to some degree. :o

I saw Oak Ridge play last year and thought they had the best offense we watched. They had great personnel but they also had a very good plan.  They scored 28 points on a defense that went more than 10 straight games without giving up a touchdown.  I believe OR averaged around 45 points per game last year?

Just saying that OR has a lot more offense than most teams...

825646004[/snapback]

Exactly. IT scares me to death to think that they scored 28 points on us last year without an offense.

I seriously question what stormshadow was watching while the rest of us were watching some outstanding play calling and game plans last year. Coach Gray had issues with clock management and that is the only draw back I saw. I've yet to see a coach call the perfect game, every game. So, it is easy to remember things that didn't work and forget the 45 points per game.

Some positives: 1. The use of the running backs in the passing game 2. The use of the tight end in the passing game, especially splitting a 6'4" 250 TE out wide and running deep slants. 3. Throwing the ball 25 times in a playoff game when OR didn't have to, just to show DB and Riverdale or anyone else not to stack the line to stop Gulmire 4. The use of the roll out throwback to clinch the DB playoff game on 4th down and long late in the game.

I could continue the positives, but no need. Gray is a good offensive coordinator. I don't know the man or what he is like as a person. But to think Oak Ridge's offense is without a clue is unfounded (trying to be polite). Maybe StormShadow's standards are way too high; 45 per game (using reserves quite a bit) meets my standards.

I wonder if SS is someone else we may know. See the # of posts and when joined.

Edited by OR nole

You would have to be a plum fool not think 45 pts. a game was good. And to score 28 on Riverdale, wow, if Oak Ridge had played better defense against the pass they would have been State Champs. Tell Gray to come out to Middle TN. We like good football coaches, who can score. Sounds like you bandwagon fair weathered Oak Ridge fans would like it unless you got to call it. Whatever happens in this mess, people are going to be mad, but I guess every town has to eat a big plate of crow sometimes "Even the Almighty Oak Ridge". I just hope for the kids it gets settled soon, I mean "isn't that who its all about?". Maybe not in Oak Ridge?

Edited by dragonsn05