Who are your picks this year?

ShaneC

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1A- Trousdale Co. (biggest possible threats are South Pittsburg & McKenzie)

Threats? South Pitt, maybe, but McKenzie will probably struggle in thier new region. I might be a little bias but Region6A will be as tough as ever. Mt. Pleasant, Collinwood, Moore County, Huntland, and Columbia Academy seem to be the best of 6A and will be tough for any team in 1A to handle. Even Trousdale County. They must have lost alot of talent to drop to 1A from 3A.

Threats? South Pitt, maybe, but McKenzie will probably struggle in thier new region. I might be a little bias but Region6A will be as tough as ever. Mt. Pleasant, Collinwood, Moore County, Huntland, and Columbia Academy seem to be the best of 6A and will be tough for any team in 1A to handle. Even Trousdale County. They must have lost alot of talent to drop to 1A from 3A.

825662531[/snapback]

i believe they always had a 1a enrollment, just chose to play up to the 3a level.

Unless you support:

1. Maryville

2. Melrose

3. Knox Central

4. White House

Then there really isn't an argument here. Because Tennessee could have beat the other teams in 4A

825662418[/snapback]

THSVikings2004 I enjoy your posts and information you provide from east tn but when you said "Because Tennessee could have beat the other teams in 4A" I think not. I feel like Knox Cent, Powell and Maybe one or two others last year in 4A east would have spanked your vikes as well. Maybe not like Maryville did but make no mistake there are other tough teams in 4A my friend. Good luck this year.

THSVikings2004 I enjoy your posts and information you provide from east tn but when you said "Because Tennessee could have beat the other teams in 4A" I think not.  I feel like Knox Cent, Powell and Maybe one or two others last year in 4A east would have spanked your vikes as well.  Maybe not like Maryville did but make no mistake there are other tough teams in 4A my friend.  Good luck this year.

825662805[/snapback]

Many teams got spanked by Maryville. Some teams got beat by them twice. Knox Central probably would have beaten us. I still refuse to believe that Powell or Central though could have done that and there's absolutely no way they could've done that if we had home field advantage.

I feel that it all has to do with experience. Morristown West done better than we did against Maryville but everyone knows or should know that we were clearly the better team last year. We almost beat them as bad as Maryville did but penalties withdrew two touchdowns.

I'm not trying to upset anyone but you can't contol who you face in the playoffs. We got further than 57 of the 60 other teams in 4A and in the end that's all that matters anyway. Until we face those teams no one will know.

Guest catfish-hunter

825662531[/snapback]

GreenMan, the reason why I have McKenzie as a legit threat in 1A is because of the fact that they probably have the BEST QUARTERBACK IN THE STATE returning this upcoming season and the drop from 2A (where they played all of the powerhouses in west-TN) will only help. Hayes is a kid who when he gets hot he'll light your secondary up for 40+ easily. In order for anyone to beat McKenzie in 1A this fall I assure you that they better be ready to score alot of points.

Hey mjuhb, that was one of the funniest posts I have ever read :D:(

2A- Huntingdon (biggest threats are Westview, Goodpasture, Camden, and Alcoa)

3A- Fulton (biggest threats are White House, Pearl Cohn, Page, and Crockett Co.)

4A- Maryville (biggest threats are Knox. Central, Hillsboro, and Melrose)

5A- Riverdale (I have come to realize that there are no threats to the Warriors)

825661938[/snapback]

Those are some nice pics you got there, catfish.