Region 5-AA

score3

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

Sycamore is currently 20-8 on the diamond. After tomorrow evening the War Eagles will be 21-8 and for Loretto a season will have reached it's conclusion.

What Giles Co. did to Harpeth in the regional tourney in basketball is about to come back to them because it is now regional tourney time for baseball and unfortunately for all of the great folks in Pulaski the Bobcats don't have a superstar division-1 caliber REJECT on the diamond like they did on the hardwood.

Good luck Sycamore & Harpeth!!! Represent Cheatham County (aka God's Country) well thumb

What Giles Co. did to Harpeth in the regional tourney in basketball is about to come back to them because it is now regional tourney time for baseball and unfortunately for all of the great folks in Pulaski the Bobcats don't have a superstar division-1 caliber REJECT on the diamond like they did on the hardwood. 

825674064[/snapback]

Well they may not have a SUPERSTAR but they have two of the best pitchers in District 9AA in Pierce and Petty (the district MVP).

If Sycamore beats Loretto tomorrow night and Giles County beats Harpeth, where would Sycamore/Giles County play? What is the standard procedure for this type of situation where the two #2 seeds advance to the regional finals?

Sycamore is currently 20-8 on the diamond.  After tomorrow evening the War Eagles will be 21-8 and for Loretto a season will have reached it's conclusion. 

Good luck Sycamore & Harpeth!!!  Represent Cheatham County (aka God's Country) well thumb

825674064[/snapback]

Sounds to me like someone's still in denial from basketball season.... When you have a "reject" as good as Tyler, then come talk to me. And you're right, they don't have 1 superstar, they have about 5 very solid baseball players and I do believe that's all they will need because I haven't heard of any superstars from Harpeth. As far as Sycamore being 21-8, looks like you're wrong again. All we did today at practice was hit off of a left handed pitcher from UNA for about 2 1/2 hours, and I think he had better stuff than this Knight kid is going to have. But we shall soon see.

I am coming to the game, unless something happens with my grandfather (who is in critical condition). I'm not so sure that Petty will pitch, however, but he may. Corey Pierce is our #1 pitcher, and he hasn't pitched since the Page game last Wednesday night.

It will be interesting, however, because if Pierce is having an off game and the game is still somewhat close, I would think Coach Cardin would sacrifice the game on Wednesday (for home field advantage on Friday) to make SURE that there IS a Friday game by bringing in Petty in relief (or vice versa depending on who starts).

I should see you at the game, and I hope Giles County can pull off the big victory. After tomorrow night only 16 teams in each classification will remain!

GO BOBCATS!

Still no word on who hosts the game Wednesday if Sycamore and Giles County both advance?

neely, the winner of the loretto/sycamore game will host wednesday no matter who they play because its the top half of the bracket hosting this year. then who ever wins 5aa will host friday night no matter who they play. and to u loretto deuce, sycamore brought in john smoltz from atlanta to pitch to them for 8 hours. so i think theyre in good shape for tomorrows game.

coachrop........don't be surprised to see Erland on the hill tomorrow. In my opinion Harpeth has about 3 #1's. Collins might go or Haynes, but it's Erland's turn in the rotation and I don't see the Indians changing much.

History doesn't mean beans when it comes to winning a baseball game tomorrow night. It will take good pitching as Harpeth and Sycamore averaged about 12 runs per game in the district tournament and Creekwood wasn't far behind. I don't know about Sycamore's schedule, but Harpeth resided in 8AAA most of their non-district season with the likes of Columbia, Shelbyville, Lawrence County etc......Harpeth beat Marshall County and Page handily in the 2 inter district games. I know, the Indians didn't see the ace's from those guys............Neither did they. This will be settled between the lines Monday night, but don't discount 10AA. They can play some ball.

neely, the winner of the loretto/sycamore game will host wednesday no matter who they play because its the top half of the bracket hosting this year. then who ever wins 5aa will host friday night no matter who they play. and to u loretto deuce, sycamore brought in john smoltz from atlanta to pitch to them for 8 hours. so i think theyre in good shape for tomorrows game.

825674158[/snapback]

That's cute HLfan... You better hope your boys don't let you down. That would be devastating to play such great ball throughout the season and then lose to a bunch of nobody's from a no-name town like loretto. Sure would hate to see it happen. Call Smoltz back and see if you can get me an autograph...

how about we all just stop talking about the past present and future, whos beat who , whos got the best stuff, and then we will find out who the 2 best teams of region 5 aa 2morrow night.

Nine average ball players playing as a team will always beat nine superstars playing as individuals.

825674158[/snapback]

that is wrong is wrong my friend, here is what the TSSAA has to say about it. If a district winner from a district that is to host the regional finals is defeated, the district runner-up from that district shall host the regional finals. (Example: If it is district 9's time to host the region and the district 9 winner is defeated, the district 9 runner-up (provided that team wins) shall host the regional finals. If both teams from district 9 are defeated in the regional semi-final games, the district 10 winner shall host the regional finals.) And it is district 9's year to host.

Hope to see you at the game wneely, we will be sitting on the Giles Co. side cheering on the Bobcats, get ready for a tight squeeze tomorrow night at Harpeth.

Edited by Gerry Bertier