Who's the best player to come out of your school?

bhsOL

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matt is slated to be the starting TE at Florida State this year. That being said, Bowden and Company throw to the TE about once every three games, so he's not an integral part of the offense. In addition with Wyatt Sexton's "issues". the QB situation is a little iffy. They've told Matt that he'd get the ball more, but they've said it before many times.

• 3 weeks later...

JACKSON CENTRAL-MERRY

Ed "Too Tall" Jones Tennessee State University Dallas Cowboys

AAEA039~Ed-Too-Tall-Jones-Action-Photofile.jpg

Al Wilson University of Tennessee Denver Broncos

Height: 6' 0"

Weight: 240 lbs.

College: Tennessee

Born: in Jackson, Tenn.

High School: Central Merry High School

Resides: Aurora, Colo.

Acquired: Draft #1 (31st overall), 1999

Pro Year: 6th

Year with Broncos: 5th

NFL Games Played/Started: 95/89

Postseason: 3/3

alwilson.jpg

wilson_mug.jpg

33-30381-f.jpg

Artis Hicks University of Memphis Philadelphia Eagles

Position: G/T

Height: 6-4

Weight: 335

College: Memphis

Experience: 4

Birthdate: 11/28/1978

Hometown: Jackson, TN

Hicks2_Artis.jpg

PHI_NE_514DH.jpg

Ryan Scott University of Memphis (starting receiver)

p-scott03.jpg

Bo Hardegree University of Tennessee (back up QB)

p-Hardegree,-Bo-105.jpg

Brandon Stewart University of Memphis (wide receiver)

14664.jpeg

Adam November Tennessee Tech (linebacker)

AdamNovemberHSbw.jpg

Josh Van Horne, who unfortunately never made it in college, was All-State LB and a beast - maybe had the most big-time potential of all the Bruins. Some of the posters might remember his brother Ian, who was Defensive MVP of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Bowl, and was an All-State selection in 2003 as well, but has yet to settle into a college football program.

Numerous others had excellent, All-State careers, but never made a huge splash (or have yet to) in college.

None have made it to the NFL as of yet

825698156[/snapback]

Ian Van Horne was playing at MTSU until he quit this spring. I was at UT a little less than a month ago, and I saw him there doing a transfer orientation so I wonder if he's going to try to play for the Vols now.

Guest catfish-hunter
Thanks catfish-hunter,

Somebody finally answered my question about the Tant brothers. Didn't Jason get a scholarship offer to Vandy as well as Matthew later on did?? We played Harpeth in some of their best years three times in the late '90s in the playoffs. I have a game ball here at the house from one of those games when my son was with the team here.

825698050[/snapback]

Yeah duckman Jason signed to play at Vandy out of high school but I think he quit after redshirting his freshman year.

As far as those Harpeth teams from '97-'00 that won 4 straight region titles I'll say that those four years was probably the greatest era of high school football that will ever be seen in this county. In '97 Harpeth was a perfect 11-0 heading into the second round of the playoffs but they were beaten at home by Huntingdon. In '98 Harpeth was 10-1 heading into the second round of the playoffs and again they lost in the second round of the playoffs at home but that time it was against Milan. In '99 Harpeth was 11-1 but they were spanked in the quarterfinals of the playoffs by a score of 45-14 against Huntingdon. The 2000 season was Harpeth's last region title but they lost at home in the second round of the playoffs to McKenzie. The 2001 season Harpeth finished out the regular season 6-4 overall and went on the road in the first round of the playoffs and finally got the better of Huntingdon but that moment in the sun was short lived as Harpeth lost in the second round yet again to a team in their own region in Lewis Co. I guess Huntingdon was a little angry over that particular loss to Harpeth because two years ago ('03) when the Mustangs won it all they beat Harpeth in the opening round of the playoffs by a whopping score of 60-12.

• 4 weeks later...
Sycamore high's best ever is without question Wes Proctor (1998-2001).  Proctor was a two year all-state athlete on the gridiron at Sycamore and this year will be his third year starting for the Austin Peay Governors. 

Cheatham County high's best ever college success is Michael Jackson (1996-1999).  Jackson was a two year starter for the Cubs and was an all-region offensive lineman.  He started four years at UT-Martin from 2000-2003. 

Harpeth high's best is probably the best football player to ever walk onto a football field in our county and he is Matthew Tant (1997-2000).  Tant was a two-time all-state athlete and is the school's all-time leading rusher.  He started three years of college football at Vanderbilt from 2002-2004.

825695848[/snapback]

volunteergeneral,

Your list was most impressive until you mentioned Bo Hardegree. How can you even think about putting a third string QB at UT, if he is 3rd, with the likes of pro-bowl players in the NFL?

The best debil is either lJason Julian or Scott Carter from KNOXVILLE Halls. Both are at the top of the scoring and career rushing list for a career, although I don't know which is first/second.

bbs

volunteergeneral,

Your list was most impressive until you mentioned Bo Hardegree.  How can you even think about putting a third string QB at UT, if he is 3rd, with the likes of pro-bowl players in the NFL?

The best debil is either lJason Julian or Scott Carter from KNOXVILLE Halls.  Both are at the top of the scoring and career rushing list for a career, although I don't know which is first/second.

bbs

825719768[/snapback]

Bobby, we finally agree on something. Hardegree was part of a package deal to get Daniel Brooks. That hasn't worked out too well, either.

As for Halls, I have to put Ian O'Conner on the list you mentioned. His leg could completely change the complexion of the game. Julian and Carter were great players, however. If not for injuries, Randy Hall would probably be at the top of the list, too.

Edited by HTV