How many years has it been since there has been a division that had ever team finish with a record better than .500? Its a good possibility this year with every team in the east better than .500 right now, how many other divisions can say that? And from top to bottom is there a better division?

In the central and west combine there are 11 teams, the east's last place team has a better record than 9 of thoses teams The last place team in the east would be the first place team in the west!

And yea, the Braves are the best team in the east and the Cards are the best team in the central this year!

You just proved my point. .500 is mediocrity. Your confusing parity with good. The whole west is .500 or below. I'll give you that one, East is better than West. Tell ever which one of the Yankees/Red Sox/Indians that don't make playoffs with 93 or more wins the NL east is better than their division. It's earier to beat 4 teams a little above .500 than 3 teams that stink and 1 that has 90+ wins. You could have won the NL East with less than 90 victories. So there about 8 teams that would have won the NL East if they were there instead of the Braves. That's 1/4 of all teams.

Interstingly enough, just heard a discussion about this subject on Dan Patrick show. The consensus was in my corner including Dan, except for a few of couple of those nutty Brave fans. The most compelling comparison was with the Buffalo Bills. WHO? Bills went to 4 straight Super Bowls. Never been done before. Probably never be done again. Although this feat was impressive, I never hear anyone argue that this is among the greatest feats in sports history-BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WIN ANY.

But I think you misinterpret my point. Tell me the Braves have been one of the most consistant teams and ONE OF THE TOP teams for the past 14 years, and I'll buy. But don't try to tell me that 14 eastern Division titles is better than 5 straight WS wins or 3 out of 4 Super Bowls or 3 out of 5 NBA titles, 2 consecutive college football National Champioships, or not even in the top 20 GREAREST ACHIEVEMENTS IN SPORTS, that won't sell.

I think what the Braves have accomplished is great, but Brave fans need to keep it in perspective. Win the WS this year (which could happen) and then tell me how great the Braves are this year and I'll say congrats.

Good luck to the Braves.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is that if you really dont believe the best division in baseball in the NL East then you have totally lost your mind! ONE SIMPLY QUESTION? How many division besides the NL East has ever team above .500? Very Simple to answer! How many? If that doesnt say enough about what division in baseball is the best, then nothing does! PLAIN AND SIMPLE! :rolleyes:

Let's see the top 7 teams in the National Leauge record wise are the Cardinals, Braves, Houston, Philadelphia, Florida, Washington and New York. Now correct me if I am wrong 5 of those teams are from where? The NL East, so that means that the NL East is probably the best division in the National League. Now if you still think that the NL East is not the best division in baseball from top to bottom, you need to go and drop off your head at the Vanderbilt Psych Ward for some evalutation.

Now to the streak, you can deny it all you want. But what the Braves have done winning 14 straight division titles is better than winning 5 world series in a row in the 50's. you know why? cause of free agency. the Braves have won all these division titles in which turnover is expected every year, but every year they continue to win. that is something teams didn't have to worry about back then. there is one player that has won all 14 titles with the Braves that is John Smoltz, now go back to those great Yankees team, I bet they didnt have a turnover rate as the Braves have had. So go ahead and downplay what the Braves has done as a team, cause if you do then you really shouldn't consider yourself an avid sports fan.

Let's see the top 7 teams in the National Leauge record wise are the Cardinals, Braves, Houston, Philadelphia, Florida, Washington and New York. Now correct me if I am wrong 5 of those teams are from where? The NL East, so that means that the NL East is probably the best division in the National League. Now if you still think that the NL East is not the best division in baseball from top to bottom, you need to go and drop off your head at the Vanderbilt Psych Ward for some evalutation.

Now to the streak, you can deny it all you want. But what the Braves have done winning 14 straight division titles is better than winning 5 world series in a row in the 50's. you know why? cause of free agency. the Braves have won all these division titles in which turnover is expected every year, but every year they continue to win. that is something teams didn't have to worry about back then. there is one player that has won all 14 titles with the Braves that is John Smoltz, now go back to those great Yankees team, I bet they didnt have a turnover rate as the Braves have had. So go ahead and downplay what the Braves has done as a team, cause if you do then you really shouldn't consider yourself an avid sports fan.

Never said the east wasn't the most mediocre division in baseball? Just as your

posts keepsaying. PARITY, PARITY, PARITY!!!

-do you need a dictionary--Parity does not mean good, it just means equal ability. The Braves had to beat 4 mediocre teams instead of good teams. Never said the NL Central was best in baseball. Just said I hope the Braves can beat the 2nd place team from NL Central in the playoffs ,whcih the greatest team from the greatest divison in baseball history could not do last year.

I bet the Red Sox, Indians and Yankees wish they were in NL East, they could be resting and setting their playoff rotation

instead of fighting for their playoff lives.

And if all you want is for your team to win all the Division titles the rest of you life and never win a WS, maybe it's good you are a braves fan. But if I had a team that won 5 straight WS, I could live on that if they went the next 9 years without winning a game.

NUTTY NUTTY BRAVES FANS, Can't talk to them, they refuse to look at reality. Going to stop posting on this subject, cause you refuse to accept the truth.

the Braves are 1 of the 8 team that will have a realistic shot at winning WS.

Go Great Braves, beat those sucky Central Division Astros.

Edited by jusdontno

you've got to be kidding me, the east is WAY better than the central this year. there arent any Pirates or Brewers in the east, and the banged up Cubs arent much better than those 2. the NL east may not be top heavy like the AL east but from top to bottom this is one of the most solid divisions i've ever seen. for a majority of the season all 5 teams had a realistic shot at a playoff berth.

Parity yes, but how about you explain how the 5 NL East teams are ranked in the Top 7 in the national leauge in Top 14 in the entire majors? Cause according to you the NL East is just mediocre, so how come they have so many of the better teams in baseball. And if you think those teams are mediocre, what does that say about all the other teams in the Major League when the NL East worst team is better than more than half. And if those other teams you mentioned were in the NL East they wouldn't of done any better than the Braves, I promise you that, cause in the NL East you would always be playing a team that has legit chance of making the playoffs. You can't say that about any other division.

So instead of just throwing out your pointless and flawed statements, how about you have some facts to back them up cause I can keep throwing them out at you all day long. Do you not understand how much of effect the free agent market has had in baseball and all other sports, it was set up so teams couldn't be dominate over long periods of time, and that is something the Braves have defied. Your name fits you well, cause you have to be one of the most uneducated posters on these here boards.

I have given you all the facts in the World. Said I wasn't going to post anymore, but posts just keep getting more desparate.

I'll leave you with 1 last thought. I know they changed their name, but the

EXPOS WERE IN CONTENTION IN TH NL EAST AND EVEN LED THE DIVISION PART OF THE YEAR. THE EXPOS, THE EXPOS. PARITY< PARITY< PARITY

If you do not understand parity, that is what the NFL strived for and got. That's why there are 8-8 and 9-7 playoff teams every year. Doesn't mean all the teams in the NFL are great, just there are enough medicore teams in NFL that there are alot of 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7 teams, like the NL EAST.

If I were a new major league team, I know I would say "Oh Please don't put me in that division where everybody stays around .500 and if the Braves ever stumble I could actually win and even if they don't maybe I can still be the Wild Card, Instead could you put me in the divsion with the Yankees and Red Sox so I will have absolutely no chance of making playoffs, because a couple of teams in their division will finish below .500."

Once again for you that can not evidently comprehend (or read), I never said the NL Central was best division in baseball. Th AL East is and has been for the last 5 or 6 years.

We can differ on opinions, I guess. You think every team being .500 is better than 2 teams with 95 wins. You think multiple division championships are better than WS Titles. I disagree.

Good luck to the Braves

I have given you all the facts in the World. Said I wasn't going to post anymore, but posts just keep getting more desparate.

I'll leave you with 1 last thought. I know they changed their name, but the

EXPOS WERE IN CONTENTION IN TH NL EAST AND EVEN LED THE DIVISION PART OF THE YEAR. THE EXPOS, THE EXPOS. PARITY< PARITY< PARITY

If you do not understand parity, that is what the NFL strived for and got. That's why there are 8-8 and 9-7 playoff teams every year. Doesn't mean all the teams in the NFL are great, just there are enough medicore teams in NFL that there are alot of 7-9, 8-8 and 9-7 teams, like the NL EAST.

If I were a new major league team, I know I would say "Oh Please don't put me in that division where everybody stays around .500 and if the Braves ever stumble I could actually win and even if they don't maybe I can still be the Wild Card, Instead could you put me in the divsion with the Yankees and Red Sox so I will have absolutely no chance of making playoffs, because a couple of teams in their division will finish below .500."

Once again for you that can not evidently comprehend (or read), I never said the NL Central was best division in baseball. Th AL East is and has been for the last 5 or 6 years.

We can differ on opinions, I guess. You think every team being .500 is better than 2 teams with 95 wins. You think multiple division championships are better than WS Titles. I disagree.

Good luck to the Braves

I was in on this argument about three months ago and trust me, you aren't going to get anywhere. I had stated the same things, and I agree with you 100%. ;)

I would say it is fairly simple, FACTS outweigh OPINION! And thats all I hear from the Cards fans! So you think if the Cards were in the East where they would have a fight on there hands every night(Nats, Mets, Phils, Marlins) instead of getting a bunch of gimme teams(Pirates, Brewers, Cubs), they would still have there record? I dont think so, I could see them as having a similiar record to the Braves at best! Yall keep saying Braves fans cant comprehend, or there is no talking to Braves fans, but we are purely stating logic, it doesnt take a rocket-scientist to figure this out, so it seem to me that you Cards fans are the ones that want to live inside your little world of denial and be narrow-minded just for the pure fact that you are jeolous of what the Braves have been able to accomplish! Sure the havent won as many WS as they should have, but there is no downplaying what they have accomplished in an era of baseball, that theses things arent suppose to happen! 14 will never be repeated in baseball history and thats what makes it special! :D

I would say it is fairly simple, FACTS outweigh OPINION! And thats all I hear from the Cards fans! So you think if the Cards were in the East where they would have a fight on there hands every night(Nats, Mets, Phils, Marlins) instead of getting a bunch of gimme teams(Pirates, Brewers, Cubs), they would still have there record? I dont think so, I could see them as having a similiar record to the Braves at best! Yall keep saying Braves fans cant comprehend, or there is no talking to Braves fans, but we are purely stating logic, it doesnt take a rocket-scientist to figure this out, so it seem to me that you Cards fans are the ones that want to live inside your little world of denial and be narrow-minded just for the pure fact that you are jeolous of what the Braves have been able to accomplish! Sure the havent won as many WS as they should have, but there is no downplaying what they have accomplished in an era of baseball, that theses things arent suppose to happen! 14 will never be repeated in baseball history and thats what makes it special! <_<

Simple as this, ask any Cards fan who they would have rather played last year in the NLCS or who we would rather play this year.

95% or higher will will say Atlanta over Houston.

The AL East the best division in baseball? Are you kidding me? Man keep spouting out at the mouth, I need the daily laughter. The only thing that division has is the Red Sox and Yankees. Oh yeah and you talked about the Nationals leading the division this year, who led the AL East for the first two months of the season? Oh yeah that is the Baltimore Orioles, oh but I bet according to you they Orioles are a great team just cause you say so.

you keep talking about parity, has there really been any parity in the NL East the last 14 years cause I believe the Braves have won it (counting their West titles in this also). Justdontno, did u know the Braves use to play in the West? I wanted to make sure you were aware of that. The only parity in the NL East is who will finish 2nd. Now take all the other divisions, and that is parity. Almost every year a new team arises and wins except in the NL and AL East.

Go ahead and be close-minded and don't post any factual information, i am glad you know what the word PARITY means, maybe you need to put down the dictionary and actually pay attention to baseball so you say something besides something that is mere opinion.

The AL East the best division in baseball? Are you kidding me? Man keep spouting out at the mouth, I need the daily laughter. The only thing that division has is the Red Sox and Yankees. Oh yeah and you talked about the Nationals leading the division this year, who led the AL East for the first two months of the season? Oh yeah that is the Baltimore Orioles, oh but I bet according to you they Orioles are a great team just cause you say so.

you keep talking about parity, has there really been any parity in the NL East the last 14 years cause I believe the Braves have won it (counting their West titles in this also). Justdontno, did u know the Braves use to play in the West? I wanted to make sure you were aware of that. The only parity in the NL East is who will finish 2nd. Now take all the other divisions, and that is parity. Almost every year a new team arises and wins except in the NL and AL East.

Go ahead and be close-minded and don't post any factual information, i am glad you know what the word PARITY means, maybe you need to put down the dictionary and actually pay attention to baseball so you say something besides something that is mere opinion.

Hope the Weather is nice in Braves fantasy World.