Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Your welcome. Your right about Brentwood. If you look at his stats from last season its amazing. He can basically decide games on his own. He's Brentwood's big playmaker in the air, and on ground. Have you seen his stats from last season??

825709880[/snapback]

No I haven't. I missed our scrimmage against Brentwood last year, so I had absolutely no clue of his talent. :blink:

Are you a parent, fan, player, or former player for BHS? Are they seeming to settle in with the new coaches?

And how did the Adams kid look?

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I haven't. I missed our scrimmage against Brentwood last year, so I had absolutely no clue of his talent.  :blink:

Are you a parent, fan, player, or former player for BHS? Are they seeming to settle in with the new coaches?

And how did the Adams kid look?

825709881[/snapback]

I graduated in 04. I did a bunch of Radio TV stuff for BHS. I am actually coming back this year to do football commentary with Russell Luna. I'm Brandon Felder. The team looked real comfortable overall with the staff and stuff. Wells fits in real nice. Adams laid out one guy, which was his most memorable moment of the day. Overall he did good of course. I took notes since I got get back into the swing of things since I haven't broadcasted since 04. Our D-Line was real good against the run. LB's were good and aggressive, they did well with letting the play progress and hit the right spots. The weakest point on D is our secondary. Franklin ate us up in that department. They passed about 90% of the time. I'll post with Brentwood's QB stats from last season in a sec. for ya'.

Hey sorry that it has taken me so long to get back to you all about the scrimmage. Well, lets just say it could of gone better...

They started off by doing alot of drill work(Inside Drill, Pass Skell,ect...) And Blackman pretty much dominated every single drill except pass skell. At one point the Blackman coaches had to pull Mimms out of a drill because he literally just couldnt be stopped. He scored about 5 straight times! They they finally got to scrimmaging after about an hour rain delay. But it wasnt a true game situation scrimmage. First Franklin had 10 plays on offense, then it was Blackman's turn. Franklin is pretty tough with that new offense. Their QB and WR #1 are both for real!!! Franklin scored twice on two very well thrown deep balls. Blackman started their first drive and was moving the ball pretty well. Then on about the 5th play Cave scrambled to his right and made a heck of a move to avoid about 5 Franklin defenders then tried to spin to avoid another one and got hit in his knee as he was spinning. He was in alot of pain, but the trainer said he didnt think anything was torn, but they will have to wait to see what the x-rays say.

After Cave went out they put the Wallace kid in a QB and he and Mimms just took turns running the ball.

But in Blackman's defense. That is a pretty tough offense to scheme for in just one day. I believe if you had a week or so to game plan for them you could do some things with the secondary that could slow that offense down. Plus it looked like to me that the effects of having 4-a-day practices at camp took a toll on the kids. They didnt exactly have very fresh legs.

But as usual Mimms put on a show. I know of atleast one kid that will have nightmares tonight about #20 running over him.

BHSOL, dont be to quick to judge Mimms. I coached him in basketball as a freshman and I can say that it would be hard to find a kid that wants to win worse than Jeremy. Maybe you think hes a little cocky, but you have to remember hes a different type of player than Rico. Rico wasnt much of a vocal leader. Rico led more by his actions than he did his words. Mimms if very much a vocal leader. But he also has the game to back up his words. If some of the upper class men had a problem with him his Freshman year its because he got in their butt's about not playing hard enough. And he should have. That senior class was the laziess bunch of players I have every seen. All Jeremy wanted was to win, and play at a high level, and he was but unfortunatley there were seniors that continued to throw in the towel every friday night, and I can tell you right now that does not cut it with him.

And about the whole news paper thing. You have to think about the kind of back ground this kid is coming from. Early in his life the only attention he was getting was bad attention for things he was doing wrong. So having his name in the paper for playing well is a big deal to him. It means he is getting a differnt type of attention than he is used to.

Brentwood's QB Bruce McCurdy hit 165 of 279 pass attempts. Gained more than 2,000 yards and had 19 passing TD's. He rushed 515 times for just under 600 yds and 13 TD's. Impressive stuff.

825709885[/snapback]

OMG...are you serious??? Then I feel 100% better about our scrimmage with them today.....wow....Thanks so much for psoting that. I can tell you are definitely going to be an asset on the T and I look forward to your posts.

Blazer14......MIMMS is the man!!!!!!!!!!! I know he cost us the game last yr with his lil INT in the last secs that he ran in. Total playmaker.

OMG...are you serious??? Then I feel 100% better about our scrimmage with them today.....wow....Thanks so much for psoting that. I can tell you are definitely going to be an asset on the T and I look forward to your posts.

Blazer14......MIMMS is the man!!!!!!!!!!! I know he cost us the game last yr with his lil INT in the last secs  that he ran in. Total playmaker.

825709886[/snapback]

I appreciate the compliment. Yes, those stats are for real, I got them from Murphy Fair's guide. He sounds amazing and I can't wait to watch him play at BHS this season, even if they do beat us. I've been really studying the season lately for BHS and if the team doesn't let early losses affect them too much, they could go 6-4, but I really think they'll go 5-5.

Edited by BHSSportsguy04

I appreciate the compliment. Yes, those stats are for real, I got them from Murphy Fair's guide. He sounds amazing and I can't wait to watch him play at BHS this season, even if they do beat us. I've been really studying the season lately for BHS and if the team doesn't let early losses affect them too much, they could go 6-4, but I really think they'll go 5-5.

825709888[/snapback]

Well hope you added in a big L for week 0..... :blink:

I'm guessing 0 bodies.  Mimms is not a power back.  He's more of a speedster. 

TDC, how did Blackman look compared to the 2001 or 2002 seasons when we were making the playoffs?

825709864[/snapback]

Mimms looked good.

Blackman is rebuilding and there seems to be a couple areas where they will be short on athletes. I was impressed with how they are progressing but there is still quite a bit of work to do.

Kudos to the grounds crew. The prectice field looked 100% better than the last time I was there.

How about some details on Oakland-Cookeville-Brentwood.

I can give you my week by week prediction if you'd like. Course' you might not think I'm credible, but still.

825709892[/snapback]

I would love to hear any predictions you might have . Very refreshing to hear. It is always nice to get a different perspective.

TDC...the short version.......in the AM on one on ones and 7 0n 7...OHS hung tuff with Bwood...esp on one on ones. We dominated on those. In the PM scrimmage Cook was there. Bwood scored on us on the first play. Our mouths were shell-shocked enuff to let them do it again b/f the 10 plays were up. I am thinking....this is going to be a LONGGGGGG day. Their QB is really elusive and fast....he can scramble and make a play. He wore #9 and reminded me of you know who..... :lol: But we adjusted and decided to play finally. Big Kaelin was up in #9's grill and they would blow the whistle keeping him from making the contact. That seemed to anger him and he fired up. He played very well. Sam caught a nice pass and was laid out...the kid hung onto the ball and jumped up like that was a sissy hit. I was sure glad to see how tuff that kid is . I mean...I felt that lick where I was.... :blink: PJ Polk ran the ball well and I was real pleased with his performance. Also Matt Forrest made a great run bounced off a defender with a nice lil move for some good yardage. He also took a hard sack once instead of throwing the ball away......I don't know what happened to that whistle for the no contact to the QB then... Cord Cowan made a nice run against Bwood as well. Bwood is physical and well-coached . It was great to see Crawford again.

Cookeville better get a new center. The guy shot it over the QB's head several times.....and that was not a good sign. They were tuff up the middle so I guess the center was worried about getting hit and standing his ground. Sam also had a nice catch and run against them and was close to scoring...unfortuantely...it was play 10. Cookeville is a very good team, but we held our own with them.

Riverdaleman, I coached 9 year olds in the league that blazer14 umpires in.

TDCman, are you going to the scrimmage today?  I think I will.  I'll probably be wearing my Peyton Manning jersey or an MTSU football shirt so if you see me you ought say hey.

825709496[/snapback]

REALLY? I have a set of twins that played on the Reds. What team was you with?