CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and what happened was he went on a QB sneak, broke a tackle, then got tackled by two guys. He hit the ground and stayed. They carried him off, and iced the knee. He laid out and watched on the sideline the rest of the scrimmage. His name is Corey Cove. Unsure of how serious the injury is however.

825709855[/snapback]

I figured it was Cave. I had heard it was #2 and that was Cave's # last year. What was the final score and how did MIMMS look? or should I say how many bodies are still smashed on the field that he rolled over?

I figured it was Cave. I had heard it was #2 and that was Cave's # last year. What was the final score and how did MIMMS look? or should I say how many bodies are still smashed on the field that he rolled over?

825709860[/snapback]

I'm guessing 0 bodies. Mimms is not a power back. He's more of a speedster.

TDC, how did Blackman look compared to the 2001 or 2002 seasons when we were making the playoffs?

825709860[/snapback]

The score from what I recall would be 18-0. Mimms did literally plow through one guy which got the crowd riled up. Quite a few people there too. Mimms looked real aggresive on defense in the 7vs7 drill. Made some great stops from the OLB position. When he went on Offense he had some real good runs, nothing that scored, however he did get close one time. Shook a dude, ran another over, you know how Mimms is.

The score from what I recall would be 18-0. Mimms did literally plow through one guy which got the crowd riled up. Quite a few people there too. Mimms looked real aggresive on defense in the 7vs7 drill. Made some great stops from the OLB position. When he went on Offense he had some real good runs, nothing that scored, however he did get close one time. Shook a dude, ran another over, you know how Mimms is.

825709867[/snapback]

I really respect MIMMS. He is a force. And bhsol, I was talking about him rolling over folk on D. He is an animal. So yall won then? We play franklin in week one....how many players do they have out?

Sorry, I disagree. Rico was surrounded by a lot of talent and that helped him to make plays because the three-headed monster had to be covered so somene could always break loose. MIMMS has had to do a lot of things on his ownand as a freshman on varsity too. I always thought Ralph was a much better all around player than Rico.

Edited by 2priceless

I really respect MIMMS. He is a force. And bhsol, I was talking about him rolling over folk on D. He is an animal. So yall won then? We play franklin in week one....how many players do they have out?

Sorry, I disagree. Rico was surrounded by a lot of talent and that helped him to make plays because the three-headed monster had to be covered so somene could always break loose. MIMMS has had to do a lot of things on his ownand as a freshman on varsity  too. I always thought Ralph was a much better all around player than  Rico.

825709873[/snapback]

NO, we LOST 18-0. Franklin's QB was amazing. He made his decisions quickly and threw it well. He was #9. He threw often to #5. 5 wasn't very big or tall, but made up for it by running crisp routes and getting good separation from our secondary. That is the biggest issue in my mind on D.

Rico was an amazing back. We'll see how Mimms stands up to to Rico after this year.

I don't have as much respect for Mimms as you do. I think he's kinda cocky. The night Blackman beat Oakland last year, I went down on the field to congradulate my brother. Mimms was down there asking people where the reporters were. Then he finally saw one and went running halfway across the field just so he could be interviewed. I have 2 brothers who went to Blackman last year and both of them have said that the upperclassmen on the football team didn't like him that much because of his cockiness.

Also I've said before that I think Ralph was more talented than Rico. When I compare Rico and Mimms, I'm talking about finess on the field. Rico was a much smoother runner than Mimms. Mimms's form is not that good when he runs, still looks kinda funny. Now don't get me wrong, I do think he's a good ball player, but I think there's still a lot that he needs to work on.

I haven't seen Mimms at LB much so it might be a whole other story about that.

I don't have as much respect for Mimms as you do.  I think he's kinda cocky.  The night Blackman beat Oakland last year, I went down on the field to congradulate my brother.  Mimms was down there asking people where the reporters were.  Then he finally saw one and went running halfway across the field just so he could be interviewed.  I have 2 brothers who went to Blackman last year and both of them have said that the upperclassmen on the football team didn't like him that much because of his cockiness. 

Also  I've said before that I think Ralph was more talented than Rico.  When I compare Rico and Mimms, I'm talking about finess on the field.  Rico was a much smoother runner than Mimms.  Mimms's form is not that good when he runs, still looks kinda funny.  Now don't get me wrong, I do think he's a good ball player, but I think there's still a lot that he needs to work on. 

825709875[/snapback]

Rico was a much smoother runner. There is no doubt about that. I still to this day rember a juke he put on a OHS player, and it was one of the nastiest jukes of all time in my mind. He knows I think that cause he's watched that clip with me a few times back in 02. Mimms has started to get cocky, but he's still a good friend of mine so...

There is no doubt in my mind however that Rico Turner is the best back to come through BHS yet.

I don't have as much respect for Mimms as you do.  I think he's kinda cocky.  The night Blackman beat Oakland last year, I went down on the field to congradulate my brother.  Mimms was down there asking people where the reporters were.  Then he finally saw one and went running halfway across the field just so he could be interviewed.  I have 2 brothers who went to Blackman last year and both of them have said that the upperclassmen on the football team didn't like him that much because of his cockiness. 

Also  I've said before that I think Ralph was more talented than Rico.  When I compare Rico and Mimms, I'm talking about finess on the field.  Rico was a much smoother runner than Mimms.  Mimms's form is not that good when he runs, still looks kinda funny.  Now don't get me wrong, I do think he's a good ball player, but I think there's still a lot that he needs to work on. 

825709875[/snapback]

I like him best at LB.......but I don't like cocky at all..bhsguy .thanks for the info on Franklin. Brentwood has a good QB too...also #9 and also cocky as crud.

Rico was a much smoother runner. There is no doubt about that. I still to this day rember a juke he put on a OHS player, and it was one of the nastiest jukes of all time in my mind. He knows I think that cause he's watched that clip with me a few times back in 02. Mimms has started to get cocky, but he's still a good friend of mine so...

There is no doubt in my mind however that Rico Turner is the best back to come through BHS yet.

825709877[/snapback]

You want to see a great juke move, then find a copy of the 2001 highlight tape if you don't have one. Ralph Stembridge was running the option against Lebanon. I ran right at a defender, stopped about 2 yards in front of him, turned his head and faked the picth, and at the last split-second kept the ball and sidesteped him. I believe he scored a TD on that play. It was the best move I've seen at Blackman.

I like him best at LB.......but I don't like cocky at all..bhsguy .thanks for the info on Franklin. Brentwood has a good QB too...also #9 and also cocky as crud.

825709878[/snapback]

Your welcome. Your right about Brentwood. If you look at his stats from last season its amazing. He can basically decide games on his own. He's Brentwood's big playmaker in the air, and on ground. Have you seen his stats from last season??