Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

Rowland might have played for rankin his SR year but i doubt it i think rankin came the year after he left but i could be wrong

and yes we callled john jones "jughead" he is a good guy and i have been trying to call him john when i see him around but you know howit is with nicknames they kinda just stick but i have been getting better.

As far as the guy who is putting his house up for sale...that is exactly why i bought my house where i am at now because no matter how many high school they build my will go to RIVERDALE

As far as wearing a RHS shirt at oakland blah blah i have seen many kids with an oakland shirt on at RIVERDALE so big deal. those kids never got jumped

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 MORE DAYS THEN IT IS FOOTBALL TIME AT RIVERDALE

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rowland might have played for rankin his SR year but i doubt it  i think rankin came the year after he left but i could be wrong

and yes we callled john jones "jughead" he is a good guy and i have been trying to call him john when i see him around but you know howit is with nicknames they kinda just stick but i have been getting better. 

As far as the guy who is putting his house up for sale...that is exactly why i bought my house where i am at now because no matter how many high school they build my will go to RIVERDALE

As far as wearing a RHS shirt at oakland blah blah i have seen many kids with an oakland shirt on at RIVERDALE so big deal.  those kids never got jumped

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 4 MORE DAYS THEN IT IS FOOTBALL TIME AT RIVERDALE

825716992[/snapback]

I asked today and found that Rowland played for Rankin his senior yr which was Rankin's first yr at RHS.

And you forgot the kid wearing an OHS shirt at RHS didn't have his pic on the front page of the Tennessean advertising that he hates the school he has to go to. I mean every school has it s share of thugs.

2P . . . I try to stay out of things that don't need to be said. But this needs to be said. Your problem with an "old" football coach from Riverdale doesn't just affect that coach. There's kids involved. It would be real good to let old dogs lie. Your hatred for Riverdale doesn't justify possibly ruining the lives of little kids' lives. I think we need to stick to good old-fashioned football rivalry and leave the judgement up to the Guy upstairs. If for no other reason than a little boy and a little girl who really don't need to be punished for their parent's mistake. You don't have to agree with it, you just need to shut up! We all do stupid things when we're young. People change and mature as they grow. The good book teaches that the "sins of the father shouldn't affect the kids." LET IT GO!

Now . . . it's football time in TENNESSEE . . . Murfreesboro, Tennessee. And we're really excited to take the first win at Siegel's new stadium! I am even looking forward to shaking the hand of that head coach as we cross his field victorious!

Deltavian . . . you gonna be at our game to take pictures? Who's winning the plus member drive?

I respect what you are saying....just makes me mad that we had a coach all over the news and so did Blackmanand Riverdale had a Student teacher on the news....that had to pay the price for their mistakes. We entrust our kids to adults, not to "kids that need to mature."Yet this guy walks free and gets a HC job for doing even worse than they did. That is all I am going to say, but I wonder how you would feel if it were your child.

BTW...you are the one who brought it up again.....

So what kind of things can be expected at Siegel to break in that new stadium of theirs? Well....besides Croach and his "run?"

I know I brought it up again. I just wanted you to see things from a point of view that you may not have thought about. I am certainly not saying what he did was right or that he should not have been punished, I'm just saying that I think- for the sake of those kids - the subject needs to be over. I'm done talking about it.

I am not sure what antics to expect on Friday night's game. One BIG exciting pointer, however. We just found out that our band has decided to travel across town and play. What do you think about that?

I know I brought it up again.  I just wanted you to see things from a point of view that you may not have thought about.  I am certainly not saying what he did was right or that he should not have been punished, I'm just saying that I think- for the sake of those kids - the subject needs to be over.  I'm done talking about it.

I am not sure what antics to expect on Friday night's game.  One BIG exciting pointer, however.  We just found out that our band has decided to travel across town and play.  What do you think about that?

825717158[/snapback]

Does your band not usually do that? Ours doesn't go to non-region away games, but they go to local away games. Personally, I think the band director is getting a suplement just like the other coaches do....so he needs to be at EVERY single game, don't you?

Oh, this could be a thread all it's own. Our band didn't even go to the annual "Battle of the 'Boro" last year. Sad state of affairs. Too much trouble to get 15+ members across town. Yes, the band director gets a supplement just like a coach. But then Riverdale's prinicipal gets paid a whole heck of a lot more to tell that supplemented band director what to do. He needs to make sure they participate at the football games before they fundraise to go to Canada or Hawaii. You know a football game - high school or collegiate - just isn't the same without your fight song. I would love to see our band at ALL 15 OF OUR GAMES THIS YEAR!

Edited by ibleedcardinal

Oh, this could be a thread all it's own.  Our band didn't even go to the annual "Battle of the 'Boro" last year.  Sad state of affairs.  Too much trouble to get 15+ members across town.  Yes, the band director gets a supplement just like a coach.  But then Riverdale's prinicipal gets paid a whole heck of a lot more to tell that supplemented band director what to do.  He needs to make sure they participate at the football games before they fundraise to go to Canada or Hawaii.  You know a football game - high school or collegiate - just isn't the same without your fight song.  I would love to see our band at ALL 15 OF OUR GAMES THIS YEAR!

825717178[/snapback]

Well we were at home and our band was a no-show at the Battle of the Boro...they said it was their fall break. Word says that was why Gill made everyone play in week 0 b/c the bands took so much heat for not playing during fall break. Like anyone missed them.