Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

man, i am about to look like a traitor here, but luter's cheap shot should be offset by the fact that rahmel oliver leveled oakland's qb two to three seconds after he had handed the ball off.

825717756[/snapback]

I leave town for a few days and my boy loses his mind. First of all, 2 to 3 seconds is an eternity in a situation like what went down on that play. Probably more like a second or less. Second, sometimes a player has an assignment, and deviating from it can spell disaster. You should know as well as anyone that a defensive player can not see everything that happens with the ball. How many times has Riverdale faked a handoff and then had the QB take off around the other way. The whistle had not blown, and I don't expect any defensive player to assume that the QB did not have the ball. There may have been late hits, dirty plays, etc. by both teams in that game, but that play does not fit those descriptions.

hasbeen, your room has been rented out, and you can now trim the yard as well as mow it. Keep this up and I may make you rake it. :o

Edited by Riverdale

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hasbeen.....there is plenty of room at my house. Thanks for BEING truthful about that situation. You know and I know that players HAVE to take up for each other sometimes. And I WILL tell you that apparently the coaches must have thought the shot on Dave was "earned" b/c I looked to the sidelines and didn't see a single coach chew Luter out after that penalty.

Now since yall don't care for ancient history....let's move on.......

Hasbeen.....there is plenty of room at my house. Thanks for BEING truthful about that situation. You know and I know that players HAVE to take up for each other sometimes. And I WILL tell you that apparently the coaches must have thought the shot  on Dave was "earned" b/c I looked to the sidelines and didn't see a single coach chew Luter out after that penalty.

Now since yall don't care for ancient history....let's move on.......

825719426[/snapback]

Obviously, that is just the way ferguson is teaching his team...get in the cheap shots even if they are after the whistle. Nobody 'earns' late hits after the whistle. That's kind of like encouraging thugs to 'jump' a kid for wearing a Riverdale shirt. Oakland needs to get above all of that crap.

But hey, let's move on....

Obviously, that is just the way ferguson is teaching his team...get in the cheap shots even if they are after the whistle.  Nobody 'earns' late hits after the whistle. That's kind of like encouraging thugs to 'jump' a kid for wearing a Riverdale shirt. Oakland needs to get above all of that crap.

But hey, let's move on....

825719487[/snapback]

Yea, 2 would go CRAZY if anyone from Riverdale tried to say what he just said...

But does anyone know how the Oakland freshman turned out tonight? I made it out to the Riverdale vs Centinall (sp), Riverdale pretty much dominated and won 33-7. Wow these guys looked impressive. They definately exceeded my expectations. The defense was getting after it, I dont think Centinall got to many first downs at all, and their only score came on a about 85 yard pass that was caught at the line of scrimmage, the reciever avoided 2 tackles and no one could catch him the rest of the way. The lines were supposted to be the teams weakness, but both lines did very good IMO especially considering one of their best lineman didnt play. I am HAPPY with this team, expecially since this is some of the guys from Christianas first win ever since they won 0 games last year. I was thinking Oakland was definately gonna beat our freshman, that might not be the case anymore :P

Yea, 2 would go CRAZY if anyone from Riverdale tried to say what he just said...

But does anyone know how the Oakland freshman turned out tonight? I made it out to the Riverdale vs Centinall (sp), Riverdale pretty much dominated and won 33-7. Wow these guys looked impressive. They definately exceeded my expectations. The defense was getting after it, I dont think Centinall got to many first downs at all, and their only score came on a about 85 yard pass that was caught at the line of scrimmage, the reciever avoided 2 tackles and no one could catch him the rest of the way. The lines were supposted to be the teams weakness, but both lines did very good IMO especially considering one of their best lineman didnt play. I am HAPPY with this team, expecially since this is some of the guys from Christianas first win ever since they won 0 games last year. I was thinking Oakland was definately gonna beat our freshman, that might not be the case anymore  :P

825719574[/snapback]

Oakland won 24-0 tonight. Offense wasnt that great, but the defense was very solid. Oakland has a gem in Receiver/Safety Brandon Messick. Everybody knows about Valentine, Bass, Williams, Smith, but Messick is a hidden gem that will a great player for Oakland football

Yall seem to forget that my son was best buds with 4 RHS players.They were at my house constantly then and still hang out now when my son comes in. SO..... I KNOW what was taught to your players and what was TOLD to your players to do to others by YOUR coaches.......so don't go there. Otherwise I will encourage them to get on here and tell you THEMSELVES about how classy things are at 802 Warrior drive. Nothing like words STRAIGHT out of WARRIOR's MOUTHS is there??

Oakland won 24-0 tonight. Offense wasnt that great, but the defense was very solid. Oakland has a gem in Receiver/Safety Brandon Messick. Everybody knows about Valentine, Bass, Williams, Smith, but Messick is a hidden gem that will a great player for Oakland football

825719590[/snapback]

Sounds good. Mind posting your opinion on Blackman, that is our freshmans next opponent but this next week is a bye week for them. After that, we match up against Oakland on Sept. 8 and I am VERY anxious to see this match-up. We also have some very good playmakers, I only know 1 name and that is Bella-Rosa the QB. Mind giving me a Oakland scoring breakdown?

OK...OK...you busted us we confess we have been and still are being told to hit somebody in the mouth by our coaches. We are bad football people because we are there to hit people hard. and to hit them within the rules if a QB rolls out with or without the ball then he should probably expect to get hit from time to time as dave did many times I will say that dave took quite a few chep shots espcially last year however if you run your mouth like he did sometimes you gotta expect take yor hit like a man and get ready for the next play

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TOMORROW NIGHT IT IS ON RIVERDALE VS seigal OPENING GAME FOR THE MIGHTY RIVERDALE WARRIORS LETS PLAY SOME FOOTBALL AND HIT SOMEBODYYYYYYYYYY

Sounds good. Mind posting your opinion on Blackman, that is our freshmans next opponent but this next week is a bye week for them. After that, we match up against Oakland on Sept. 8 and I am VERY anxious to see this match-up. We also have some very good playmakers, I only know 1 name and that is Bella-Rosa the QB. Mind giving me a Oakland scoring breakdown?

825719611[/snapback]

If your D-line is solid, you have blackman. They are a solid team, but its downright ugly when they try to throw, basically begging to be intercepted. They are pretty solid inside on defense, but a few well placed sweeps and tosses to the outside should hurt em pretty good. Riverdale really should have much of a problem In my opinion

As for Oakland. Oakland scored 6 in the 1st quarter, 12 in the 2nd, scoreless in the 3rd and tacked on another 6 pts in the fourth. Brandon Messick stole the show as he had a int return for a TD in the 1st, and a punt return for a TD and a TD reception in the 2nd. Precious Valentine scored on a 11 yard rushing TD to end the scoring. Oakland made a goal line stand late in the game to preserve the shutout

You hit the nail on the head ......he ran his mouth and got busted back for it...and yet the other  RHS folk whine about him getting hit ...all except for you. The kid was def a MOUTHER. THANKYOU...there is HOPE after all.

I sense you are ready for some football Riverdaleman???? Are yall having a pep rally tmorrow?

825719620[/snapback]

I dont know if they are having a pep rally or not it is just siegal but with being thie first game of the year they might . That is one of the things i miss about substitute teaching watching the kids have a good time at the pep rally and showing support for their RIVERDALE WARRIORS. And, yes, i am excited for football it is my favorite sport unfortuanlty my oldest 2 boys have chosen not to play it however my twins are really looking forward to monday when they get to put the pads on and start their first day of hitting on monday. I do love football season

HERE WE GO

Yall seem to forget that my son was best buds with 4 RHS players.They were at my house constantly then and still hang out now when my son comes in. SO..... I KNOW what was taught to your players and what was TOLD to your players  to do to others by YOUR coaches.......so don't go there. Otherwise I will encourage them to get on here and tell you THEMSELVES about how classy things are at 802 Warrior drive.  Nothing like words STRAIGHT out of WARRIOR's MOUTHS is there??

825719605[/snapback]

The difference between you and me, 2, is that Im a Riverdale FAN. What you hear about Riverdale is from other peoples mouths, often I hear or see things in person. I have not yet revealed to much about my background or relationship to the program, but lets just say I have been a lifelong fan and supporter and been around the program enough to know the truth from the false. NEVER have I heard a coach from Riverdale tell a player to get dirty, but they do STRESS technique on everything for every position and obviously it works quite well. If our technique is some how dirty, I guess thats all up to one's opinion. Remember there have been quite a few coaching changes since your son and friends were in highschool, hopefully the bad apples (if there were any) are weeded out but I would refuse to believe the coaches that have been in the program many years like Rankin, Britton, and Field would have "TOLD" the players to do anything that wasnt legal in the game of football. I am happy with what are coaches ARE teaching and the results from what they teach.

Remember, Oakland and Riverdale still have a GREAT rivalry going on today, even though it might be less intense to what it used to be. You are always gonna see late hits, things of that nature in a rivalry. It is almost guaranteed that you will see some this year as well.

You said you would support Riverdale versus Kilbourne in Ohio, I am anxious to see you post some positive things about us next week and hopefully no rumors about what you heard from so and so. But Im sure after we dominate Siegel tommorrow, you will STILL have a problem with something Riverdale did, even though you wouldnt have seen it since you will be at the Oakland/Blackman game.