Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

howse umpired some of my kids games this past season (9yr olds)

I remember the 84 RIVERDALE vs oakland game great game at that time i was living in gallatin and i had never heaard of RIVERDALE prior to that year (my dads girlfriend had a daughter that was going to RHS) it was a great atmosphere i can not recall the score right off the top of my head but i do remember it beinga great game

And for the record i think everyone has heard or saw dave talking trash c'mon if you dont admitt the small stuff the wont beleive you on the big stuff

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The_Siegel_Senior_ptII
Actually Oakland has had a Mr. Football winner, albeit a long time ago. Pretty sure James Howse didnt run his mouth, but I could be wrong

825719653[/snapback]

he might have then but he does but i guess i can say that since he is nearly family to me...

It's game day....

If you talk the talk be prepared to walk the walk!!!

Hope our guys come out focused and prepared for business. Siegel will be better than many think...much better than last year....

Our guys have some pretty big achievements within sight if they play them one at a time.

Go Warriors!!!!

Yes Rickey is one of the best men I have met. I had always heard he went to Oakland but I never knew for sure. Its interesting how things turn out for coaches in this city. He is a GREAT football and track coach and FCA leader. Nothing but love and respect for him thumb

825719644[/snapback]

Okay, let's give honest. Dave Thomas was a huge trash talker on the football field. As a fan in the stands, it was obvious. But then I don't know too many football games where trash talk by the football players does't happen. No matter what team you're supporting, no one can say that a sideline doesn't take its mouths onto the field. That's just part of football. Dave received a few cheap shots in his day, but then what quarterback hasn't?

I don't, however, feel the coaching staff at Riverdale schedules its practices with a trash talk or cheap hit seminar. They're too busy filling their practice time with plays that seem to work real well. No one is beyond a mistake but the staff at Riverdale are some fairly good guys with decent or better standards doing their jobs to improve high school football. Riverdale just gets a "cheap shot" or two because of their success. Whatever they're doing, they're doing it right. Just take a look at the numbers of young men who want to play for these guys.

Okay, let's give honest.  Dave Thomas was a huge trash talker on the football field.  As a fan in the stands, it was obvious.  But then I don't know too many football games where trash talk by the football players does't happen.  No matter what team you're supporting, no one can say that a sideline doesn't take its mouths onto the field.  That's just part of football.  Dave received a few cheap shots in his day, but then what quarterback hasn't? 

I don't, however, feel the coaching staff at Riverdale schedules its practices with a trash talk or cheap hit seminar.  They're too busy filling their practice time with plays that seem to work real well.  No one is beyond a mistake but the staff at Riverdale are some fairly good guys with decent or better standards doing their jobs to improve high school football.  Riverdale just gets a "cheap shot" or two because of their success.  Whatever they're doing, they're doing it right.  Just take a look at the numbers of young men who want to play for these guys.

825719737[/snapback]

I will give them their props as they have been highly successful with 4 rings to show for it.

I am glad you finally admitted about Dave and his smack talking. Riverdale seems to have trash talking QB's as their claim to fame. I guess it works.....but I don't have to admire it.

And even thought you have a successful program and vast numbers playing for them...precious Valentine isn't one of them despite every efort that was made to "get"him to.

GOOOOOOOO Patriots!!!

It was in 84. Brett Trott was a finalist in 99. Howse won when there was only one winner per class  and when there were 3 classifications. Also Publics and privates were still a part of the whole sha-bam, making it harder to win it.

825719659[/snapback]

Dang 2P, didn't mean to keep you up all night. :)

And I know for a fact that howse did speak ill of others.... :D:P:D

"For all have sinned and fell short..."

Now, getting back to this century...

I will give them their props as they have been highly successful with 4 rings to show for it.

I am glad you finally admitted about Dave and his smack talking. Riverdale seems to have trash talking QB's as their claim to fame. I guess it works.....but I don't have to admire it.

And even thought you have a successful program and vast numbers playing for them...precious Valentine isn't one of them despite every efort that was made to "get"him to.

GOOOOOOOO Patriots!!!

825719743[/snapback]

As far as precious i already told you that we are goping to get anew recruiting coordinator. tell me somthing, i am hearing that precious is lazy and doesnt work hard at all and this is from oakland people is this statement true?

As far as the QB another oakland freind thought that tyler had beaten out forrest any way having said that what if oakland wins the 1 or 2 games that forrest is out do they leave tyler in or do they put forrest back in?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

IT IS GAME DAY LESS THAN 2 HOURS BEFORE GAME TIME I AM GOING TO GET SOMTHING TOEAT AND THEN OFF TO SEIGAL TO HELP THEM BREAK IN THEIR NEW FEILD WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GAME DAY

GO WARRIORS

What a great day for football i know it was HOT i could only magine the players and hot they might have been but it was great watching the machine play defense looked really good again but i dont think this was a good enough test to find out just yet. We had a lot more team spped out there than seigal did sometimes it looked like seigal players was just standing there that is how fast that RIVERDALE looked to me seigal played hard got the 3 points and then the game ended so great game great atmosphere

I can not make it to ohio i have to work on friday but it is my understanding that it will be on the radio so i may be listnening to it

GO WARRIORS

What a great day for football i know it was HOT i could only magine the players and hot they might have been but it was great watching the machine play defense looked really good again but i dont think this was a good enough test to find out just yet.  We had a lot more team spped out there than seigal did sometimes it looked like seigal players was just standing there that is how fast that RIVERDALE looked to me seigal played hard got the 3 points and then the game ended so great game great atmosphere

I can not make it to ohio i have to work on friday but it is my understanding that it will be on the radio so i may be listnening to it

GO WARRIORS

825720751[/snapback]

so you liked the siegel atmosphere huh?... i did too

so you liked the siegel atmosphere huh?... i did too

825720771[/snapback]

Let me put it this way....I LOVE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL and i am a graduate of RIVERDALE it was the first game of the year and a lot of people form siegal came because it was your first true home game (which you deserve) so yes i liked the atmosphere but i dont think it will be the same atmosphere when another team comes in town for yall so i think the RIVERDALE fans made it a great atmosphere!LOL just kiddin it was a "team" effort