Class 5A: Region 4 Favorites

CoachT

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

you know the more i think about it the more i wonder... can siegel stop the run up the gut?... our strength on D is our D line. davis, wright, snell, and enninya get it done. anybody out there think they can surprise some people and make some key stops against rdale?

Edited by Dodrill22

• Replies 829
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between you and me, 2, is that Im a Riverdale FAN. What you hear about Riverdale is from other peoples mouths, often I hear or see things in person. I have not yet revealed to much about my background or relationship to the program, but lets just say I have been a lifelong fan and supporter and been around the program enough to know the truth from the false. NEVER have I heard a coach from Riverdale tell a player to get dirty, but they do STRESS technique on everything for every position and obviously it works quite well. If our technique is some how dirty, I guess thats all up to one's opinion. Remember there have been quite a few coaching changes since your son and friends were in highschool, hopefully the bad apples (if there were any) are weeded out but I would refuse to believe the coaches that have been in the program many years like Rankin, Britton, and Field would have "TOLD" the players to do anything that wasnt legal in the game of football. I am happy with what are coaches ARE teaching and the results from what they teach.

Remember, Oakland and Riverdale still have a GREAT rivalry going on today, even though it might be less intense to what it used to be. You are always gonna see late hits, things of that nature in a rivalry. It is almost guaranteed that you will see some this year as well.

You said you would support Riverdale versus Kilbourne in Ohio, I am anxious to see you post some positive things about us next week and hopefully no rumors about what you heard from so and so. But Im sure after we dominate Siegel tommorrow, you will STILL have a problem with something Riverdale did, even though you wouldnt have seen it since you will be at the Oakland/Blackman game.

825719636[/snapback]

You are right...I will def support Riverdale next week. And you will see some post that reflect that.

I could tell you that some of the bad apples are def gone....but not all. Rickey Field is one of the FINEST men around. Of course he is an EX OHS player so what can you expect??hahahaha!!! I wish he was still at OHS.....a very very good man.

If your D-line is solid, you have blackman. They are a solid team, but its downright ugly when they try to throw, basically begging to be intercepted. They are pretty solid inside on defense, but a few well placed sweeps and tosses to the outside should hurt em pretty good. Riverdale really should have much of a problem In my opinion

As for Oakland. Oakland scored 6 in the 1st quarter, 12 in the 2nd, scoreless in the 3rd and tacked on another 6 pts in the fourth.  Brandon Messick stole the show as he had a int return for a TD in the 1st, and a punt return for a TD and a TD reception in the 2nd. Precious Valentine scored on a 11 yard rushing TD to end the scoring. Oakland made a goal line stand late in the game to preserve the shutout

825719618[/snapback]

Sounds similar to alot of things Riverdale did. We also had a INT return for a TD, a punt return for a TD, and quite a few runs for TD but I dont recall us passing for a TD I got a little distracted on a phone call in the 2nd half.

You hit the nail on the head ......he ran his mouth and got busted back for it...and yet the other RHS folk whine about him getting hit ...all except for you. The kid was def a MOUTHER. THANKYOU...there is HOPE after all.

825719618[/snapback]

Once again I repeat there are things I experience first hand and there are things you hear from other people but let me ask you did you ever HEAR Dave run his mouth? Really did you? "he ran his mouth and got busted back for it" yea to bad that he got illegally busted back for it I guess probably because no one from Oakland could stop him before the whistles right?

You are right...I will def support Riverdale next week. And you will see some post that reflect that.

I could tell you that some of the bad apples are def gone....but not all. Rickey Field is one of the FINEST men around. Of course he is an EX OHS player so what can you expect??hahahaha!!! I wish he was still at OHS.....a very very good man.

825719641[/snapback]

Yes Rickey is one of the best men I have met. I had always heard he went to Oakland but I never knew for sure. Its interesting how things turn out for coaches in this city. He is a GREAT football and track coach and FCA leader. Nothing but love and respect for him thumb

Edited by 802 Warrior

Sounds similar to alot of things Riverdale did. We also had a INT return for a TD, a punt return for a TD, and quite a few runs for TD but I dont recall us passing for a TD I got a little distracted on a phone call in the 2nd half.

Once again I repeat there are things I experience first hand and there are things you hear from other people but let me ask you did you ever HEAR Dave run his mouth? Really did you? "he ran his mouth and got busted back for it" yea to bad that he got illegally busted back for it I guess probably because no one from Oakland could stop him before the whistles right?

825719643[/snapback]

Yes, I heard him myself. He was still running it after the game on the field......

And a RIVERDALE person just admitted he ran his MOUTH too......you believe him???

Edited by 2priceless

Yes Rickey is one of the best men I have met. I had always heard he went to Oakland but I never knew for sure. Its interesting how things turn out for coaches in this city. He is a GREAT football and track coach and FCA leader. Nothing but love and respect for him thumb

825719644[/snapback]

Rickey played for OHS, not sure exactly what yrs tho. Then he played for MTSU. Then he got a job coaching at OHS. Then the head track job came open at RHS and we lost him. Huge loss because he is a difference maker in any school. heck of a track coach, heck of a football coach, and heck of a fine Christian man.

oooooohhhhhhh...let's see how well he does at the college level.

BUT... if you check my posts from last yr or ask Hs sports fan...you will see that I was the person who called the Tennessean to do an article on him at the time of the Mr Football voting. And I heavily promoted him on the T to the folk that actually voted for Mr football...so maybe I am not as bad as you think. Just ask hs school sports fan........

Well, they say you learn something new everyday thumb . Didnt know that

825719658[/snapback]

It was in 84. Brett Trott was a finalist in 99. Howse won when there was only one winner per class and when there were 3 classifications. Also Publics and privates were still a part of the whole sha-bam, making it harder to win it.

Edited by 2priceless

Welll, I know that none of the coaches have taught the 'clone' to play dirty or take any cheap shots. On the other hand 'I' have taught him a few things for retaliation only for when folks grab his face mask, shoot a hand at his throat repeatedly, and try to go for his eyes with fingers. Opposing players get ONE warning, and after that anything goes within the rules. All the moves my son uses are all legal, but they are effective. :P

One I have NOT taught him involves bones breaking and I never will because the whole idea is not for kids to get hurt. Thing is, that move is also legal.