William Blount

youthfootballfan0123

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I gather, we're not gonna be real good this year. According to the Sonny Moore Computer Power Ratings, we're the 8th worst 5A team in the state.Heritage is rated ahead of us. Hopefully, we can win one or two and at least be kind of competitive.

The word is, Coach Meadows has scrapped the wing-t and has been experimenting with some single wing stuff and some wishbone. Defensively, I believe we'll see alot of zone, with some man-to-man thrown in.

Guess we'll just have to see what the season brings.

Flying under the radar ...

Edited by GovMan

• 4 weeks later...

Hey boyz,

Sorry it has been so long, but I have been on holiday to Tahiti!

The govs look strong this year, but not quite as strong as my beloved red rebels. Oooh did I say rebels? That is certainly a bad word around East Tennessee these days!

I still look for Brad Walker and Ronald Osborne to wear opponents out! They can't hold a candle to GQ and company.

Did I ever tell you that I went out with GQ a couple of times. He wasn't near as nice to me as Scott Meadows. I had an opportunity to watch the scrimmage the other day and I saw a little West Coast Offense from the Govs.

You have got to love an innovater, and I sure do....

Love you boyz!

:lol:

From what I gather, we're not gonna be real good this year.  According to the Sonny Moore Computer Power Ratings, we're the 8th worst 5A team in the state.Heritage is rated ahead of us.  Hopefully, we can win one or two and at least be kind of competitive.

The word is, Coach Meadows has scrapped the wing-t and has been experimenting with some single wing stuff and some wishbone.  Defensively, I believe we'll see alot of zone, with some man-to-man thrown in.

Guess we'll just have to see what the season brings.

Flying under the radar ...

825700989[/snapback]

Govman, you say WB maybe scrapping the Wing-T? Man, you should be real happy about that as the Wing-T is an out dated offence! It worked in the days when all the D lineman were overweight and slow, but today’s high school defensive players, in many cases are faster than many RB's. If a team plays disciplined position football the wing-T loses every time in my view. With the speed that WB has why would want to waist time on misdirection when a Kid like Osborne could hit a hole and be in the secondary before a LB can stand up! I would be happy.

Wow Suse, you get around...was that at Furman or in Jefferson Co? Whatever...

Brad Walker is a stud. I saw him at the beginning of the summer at the News sentinel's photo shoot. If he's learned to throw some lateral quickness in there, Brad will be hard to stop.

Ronald Osborne, from what I hear, will be very tough too.

You gotta be able to throw the ball though Govs. One deminsional football went out in the late 80's.

Govman, what will the passing game look like?

First things first ... Suuuuuzeeeee Q ... great to hear from you babe. Did you and I ever go skating together at the old Lakemont Rink and then follow that up with a trip out to the original Glcos for an orange pixie? Or was that simply a fantasy of mine?

Govs have some tools this year ... plenty of speed ... stronger overall than ever before ... good lb corps.

Nation, you asked about the passing game. I'm quite confident in Lucas Wall's arm strength and his accuracy. I believe the receivers are a little green, but there might be a couple of guys that will surprise some people. Osborne is always a threat if they line him up wide.

FBE, I'm not huge fan of the wing-T, but I put alot of confidence in Coach Meadows. If he believes it can still be an effective offensive scheme, then I'm ok with it. He's won with it other places in the recent past, so to say it is "outdated" might not be completely accurate, although your logic make sense.

I'm excited to get it kicked off.

First things first ... Suuuuuzeeeee Q ... great to hear from you babe.  Did you and I ever go skating together at the old Lakemont Rink and then follow that up with a trip out to the original Glcos for an orange pixie?  Or was that simply a fantasy of mine?

Govs have some tools this year ... plenty of speed ... stronger overall than ever before ... good lb corps.

Nation, you asked about the passing game.  I'm quite confident in Lucas Wall's arm strength and his accuracy.  I believe the receivers are a little green, but there might be a couple of guys that will surprise some people.  Osborne is always a threat if they line him up wide.

FBE, I'm not huge fan of the wing-T, but I put alot of confidence in Coach Meadows.  If he believes it can still be an effective offensive scheme, then I'm ok with it.  He's won with it other places in the recent past, so to say it is "outdated" might not be completely accurate, although your logic make sense.

I'm excited to get it kicked off.

825713640[/snapback]

825713652[/snapback]

Good Morning Everyone! This is my first post on CoachT. I saw the Govs scimmage Rhea County last Saturday at Rhea County. The Govs looked really good the first half and then let down a litte the second half. The final score was 33 to 27 Rhea County. The running game is good but I am a worried about the passing game. I am not sure that the QB has a arm or not due to him not playing much in the game. I think he had be hurt in practice and he was limited to playing time. The bakup QB was not real impressive throwing the ball.

Govman, you say WB maybe scrapping the Wing-T?  Man, you should be real happy about that as the Wing-T is an out dated offence!  It worked in the days when all the D lineman were overweight and slow, but today’s high school defensive players, in many cases are faster than many RB's.  If a team plays disciplined position football the wing-T loses every time in my view.  With the speed that WB has why would want to waist time on misdirection when a Kid like Osborne could hit a hole and be in the secondary before a LB can stand up!  I would be happy.

825713445[/snapback]

For an outdated offense there sure are a lot of teams that have made to the state championship running the Wing-T. An offense is only as good as the players in it, and the offense is just one part of the whole team. I`m a big fan of the Wing-T B)