The Official St. Louis vs. Atlanta Thread

Maybe since Atlanta had an unfair advantage of having Mondesi, MLB will give the Cards a mulligan on that game? ;)

825708777[/snapback]

I thought the Cards had the unfair advantage with Mondesi in the lineup to begin with and we blew it. ;) How in the world was he ever considered a legitimate MLB player anyway?

That night was so funny because they guys I were with (both Braves fans) sat in right field and heckled him all night. When he hit the walk-off homer, they just sat there and started laughing. One of them said he was suprised he didn't miss a base when he was rounding them.

What's he doing now anyway?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the Cards had the unfair advantage with Mondesi in the lineup to begin with and we blew it. ;) How in the world was he ever considered a legitimate MLB player anyway?

That night was so funny because they guys I were with (both Braves fans) sat in right field and heckled him all night.  When he hit the walk-off homer, they just sat there and started laughing.  One of them said he was suprised he didn't miss a base when he was rounding them.

What's he doing now anyway?

825708847[/snapback]

Mondesi in his prime was a very good ball player and no one can take that from him, he just needs to realize that it is time to hang'em up!

Yeah, tonight really proved that...  11-3?  So much for that sweep.  And good luck Sunday, you're gonna need it.

825710481[/snapback]

Braves just played bad they will win Saturday and Sunday. With Chipper Jones returning to the line-up today they will beat Jason Marquis. The pitching matchup today is Jason Marquis for the Cardinals and Tim Hudson for the Braves who will win today and tomorrow!!!! thumb

GO BRAVES!!!

Braves just played bad they will win Saturday and Sunday.  With Chipper Jones returning to the line-up today they will beat Jason Marquis.  The pitching matchup today is Jason Marquis for the Cardinals and Tim Hudson for the Braves who will win today and tomorrow!!!! thumb

GO BRAVES!!!

825710559[/snapback]

How many runs is Sosa going to give up tomorrow? If it's 2 or more, the Cardinals will win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?playerId=3610

He's been 1968 Bob Gibson for over 2 months.

How many runs is Sosa going to give up tomorrow?  If it's 2 or more, the Cardinals will win.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/gamelog?playerId=3610

He's been 1968 Bob Gibson for over 2 months.

825710596[/snapback]

Braves whipped the Cardinals today 8-1 behind Andruw Jones's 2 home runs including a grand slam and a good pitching performance by Tim Hudson. The Braves will take the series two games to 3 tomorrow with Jorge Sosa going to 8-1 on the season and Chris Carpenter losing the game!!!!

Go BRAVES!!!

Well looky there......A Cardinals fan actually admitting that the Braves are gonna whoop the Cardinals this weekend........

825708554[/snapback]

Yep finally startin to realize that the Braves are better than the Cardinals!!! thumb

825708571[/snapback]

Well, looks like I was wrong. We've got the backup players to get it done. Great series, though. Wish y'all were there.

Braves all the way, it was the Cardinal fans who actually thought the Nationals would win the East. Anyone that knows anything about the Braves is that they play their best ball after the all-start break. Why do you Cardinal fans complain about injuries it is part of the game, that is why you should have a great farm system like the Braves. Maybe if you had a better GM and front office personel you would have rookies producing for you.

825708680[/snapback]

I just had to comment on how stupid this post is. Not only did Cardinals fans think that the Nationals would win the division, but also about 75% of baseball fans thought so. They were off to a hot start. You can't blame anyone for thinking that. Now, on the other hand, the braves are slowly pulling away with the lead, and probably won't give it up again.

Nobody's complaining about injuries. I have said all along that the Cardinals have a big enough lead that they could afford to let some players get some rest and still beat the crappy teams. We've had Walker, Rolen, Sanders, and Molina all out, which is a pretty big chunk of the line-up, and we continue to get things done thanks to the help of our pitching staff and people like Nunez, Taguchi, Diaz, and J-Rod. The Cardinals have pretty much sealed the deal for the NL central, I don't care what happens in Houston.

And for that last part about the GM and front office personnnel....

:D HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

Those player that we have out there on the field didn't just fall from the sky. We didn't just buy all of our wins. It takes a good front office and GM to make a great team. I guess all of that was luck, huh?

Is there anything sweeter in baseball than the walk-off grand slam? thumb

See you Braves in mid-October.  We'll pick up and make it a best of 13 series for the season, whaddya say?

825711305[/snapback]

Walk off grand slams are bad unless they help your team win :(

It will probably be the Braves v Cradinals for the National League, unless someone else is just real hot win playoffs start

Is there anything sweeter in baseball than the walk-off grand slam? thumb

See you Braves in mid-October.  We'll pick up and make it a best of 13 series for the season, whaddya say?

825711305[/snapback]

One thing I would like to ask is.....When Jim Edmonds was batting in the 8th he had a ball that almost hit him and his bat went around as though he had took a swing and the ump said that he was trying to get out of the way........But I thought that if your bat went across the plate in anyway it was a strike no matter what.........

I just had to comment on how stupid this post is.  Not only did Cardinals fans think that the Nationals would win the division, but also about 75% of baseball fans thought so.  They were off to a hot start.  You can't blame anyone for thinking that.  Now, on the other hand, the braves are slowly pulling away with the lead, and probably won't give it up again.

825711537[/snapback]

Just go back to my Braves thread and read, I said from the gets go that the Nats would fall and the Braves would rise! I dont think 75% thought the Nats would win it, maybe 30-40%, but not any where near 75%!