loudon vs alcoa

free4only1

josh hawkins is just a junior so no he has not committed yet, but he does have d1 school looking at him. when you see him play youll know what im talkin about. as a sophmore he ran for somewhere around 950 yards on 2 and 8 team and did not play in the last game. thats pretty good numbers considering the circumstances. i think he will play reciever in college though. he is 6,2 185 pounds and extremely fast.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would you Alcoa fans think of Coach REID  if Lindsey or Warren got hurt in the 4th quarter while you were up by 30 or 40 over Loudon ??

Believe me , i'm not wishing for anyone to get hurt , hate to even bring it up .... surely coach Reid knows better .

825717292[/snapback]

hello all...I have been trying to find a place to plug my two cents in and it may as well be here. I have been reading all these arogant remarks by both Loudon and alcoa. if you all are in any way as knowledgable about HS sports as you say you are , then you know that on any given Friday anything can happen. I am a Loudon backer. I graduated from there and I have had sons to play on the team. matter of fact one is one the team this year. I will the Alcoa team my best wishes. they will need them because some folks in here have set them up on a pedestal of some of the greek gods and frankly once you do that other teams are licking there chops to bring them down. ie. Loudon, CAK, Rockwood ,Wartburg and Sweetwater. I really think Loudon is looking pretty good this year but I am comparing them the the past 3-4 years and with that a blind team of volley ball players may have beat them at times. I know thaey could have out coached them. lets please let these boys play football and not feel the preasure of the fans. this is the best years of there life and they need to feel it. it doesn't matter if you are 1-9 or 10-2, if you are not playing in the big game in December then you are all the same....just another spectator. and for whatever it was that the coaches started it needs to stay with the coaches. I will be the first to say that Loudon have a crappy coaching staff. they are all arogant and none of them have the kids best interest at heart. I have heard coach Harig make comments to the media about J-Hawk being a D-1 player. the kid is good but if you take the other 10 members of the field he is nothing and the same goes for all the D-1's at Alcoa. this is a team effort. not a game of lookie at what I can do....I wish all the luck in the world to Alcoa and Loudon... a real measurement of success is looking back on this game 10 years from now and saying that we played hard and fair and our lives are in order....( no one in prison)

• 3 weeks later...
Loudon doesn't need to be focusing on alcoa.. they still have something to prove in beating a decent Lenoir City team.. LC got hammered at Powell so expect them to bounce back after that embarressing loss... by the way Hightower says he's gonna outrush Hawkins... I hope hightower plays a lil' bit of LB friday night!! I'm ready to see some of that homecookin' GO home team!!

Loudon doesn't need to be focusing on alcoa.. they still have something to prove in beating a decent Lenoir City team.. LC got hammered at Powell so expect them to bounce back after that embarressing loss... by the way Hightower says he's gonna outrush Hawkins... I hope hightower plays a lil' bit of LB friday night!! I'm ready to see some of that homecookin'  GO home team!!

825738734[/snapback]

hahaha hightower wont out rush j-hawk...but im not saying hawk will run over everyone on the LC d

hello all...I have been trying to find a place to plug my two cents in and it may as well be here. I have been reading all these arogant remarks by both Loudon and alcoa. if you all are in any way as knowledgable about HS sports as you say you are , then you know that on any given Friday anything can happen. I am a Loudon backer. I graduated from there and I have had sons to play on the team. matter of fact one is one the team this year. I will the Alcoa team my best wishes. they will need them because some folks in here have set them up on a pedestal of some of the greek gods and frankly once you do that other teams are licking there chops to bring them down. ie. Loudon, CAK, Rockwood ,Wartburg and Sweetwater. I really think Loudon is looking pretty good this year but I am comparing them the the past 3-4 years and with that a blind team of volley ball players may have beat them at times. I know thaey could have out coached them. lets please let these boys play football and not feel the preasure of the fans. this is the best years of there life and they need to feel it. it doesn't matter if you are 1-9 or 10-2, if you are not playing in the big game in December then you are all the same....just another spectator. and for whatever it was that the coaches started it needs to stay with the coaches. I will be the first to say that Loudon have a crappy coaching staff. they are all arogant and none of them have the kids best interest at heart. I have heard coach Harig make comments to the media about J-Hawk being a D-1 player. the kid is good but if you take the other 10 members of the field he is nothing and the same goes for all the D-1's at Alcoa. this is a team effort. not a game of lookie at what I can do....I wish all the luck in the world to Alcoa and Loudon... a real measurement of success is looking back on this game 10 years from now and saying that we played hard and fair and our lives are in order....( no one in prison)

825718004[/snapback]

I agree, good post. With that said, Alcoa is one of the best HS teams i have ever seen play football, and you can bet ive watched a lot of HS football. Hawkins will not, nor will any other running back in 2A football in the state, matchup with Dustin Lindsey. Except for maybe Chris Shiverdecker.......

Edited by CoachLogan74

That's a good way to put it Tom. It's not being cocky, and the team is working against becoming complacent. Alcoa does have superstars, and while loudon is a good, solid team, I don't see them being able to put up with the Alcoa Tornadoes. Plus, if you look at it, we have about 8-10 D-1 prospects on the team right now.

Dustin Lindsey ( UT)

Brandon Warren (FSU)

Joei Fiegler ( Wake Forest, Louisville)

Martin White (Wake Forest, Vandy, Va Tech?)

Logan Love (Vandy)

Kyrus Lankster (Louisville {for now})

Brian Sommers (Early interest from South Carolina, only a Soph)

Drew Miller

825712139[/snapback]

Lets see, you have all those "D-1" prospects and you were thoroughly whipped by Maryville??? And Maryville has how many D-1 prospects? How do you explain that? If a team with that many D-1 prospects loses to anyone then I have serious questions about their coaching or the true ratings of those players. Lets face it, in high school football 90% or better of the teams out there dont have any D-1 prospects, and having two is only a dream! If you have that many and lose to anyone....I mean anyone...Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Maryville, AE, Unaka or Chucky Doak..whoever, then you either have overrated players or terrible coaching!!!

Lets see, you have all those "D-1" prospects and you were thoroughly whipped by Maryville???  And Maryville has how many D-1 prospects?  How do you explain that?  If a team with that many D-1 prospects loses to anyone then I have serious questions about their coaching or the true ratings of those players.  Lets face it, in high school football 90% or better of the teams out there dont have any D-1 prospects, and having two is only a dream!  If you have that many and lose to anyone....I mean anyone...Oak Ridge, Riverdale, Maryville, AE, Unaka or Chucky Doak..whoever, then you either have overrated players or terrible coaching!!!

825739835[/snapback]

I totally agree...D-1, D-2,D-3 ....sounds a lot like Battleship...lol but really all I have heard is Alcoa this and Alcoa that. Loudon is in good shape for this game...if Loudon loses and you all are sure they will then they have gotten beat by a bunch of D-1 players. sorta like we are playing Carson Newman. and for Alcoa winning what have they got to gain..they beat up on a bunch of non D-1 players...hmmm sounds like a winner to me. its like this guys....I bet Goliath was considered a D-1..lol David D-1nd his head now Goliath is dead. so as for you bunch of arogaant Tornadoes and I am only speaking to those that run the jaw and if this offends you then you are probably the one I am talking about I think the only thing D-1 about you all is you over sized ego. can you all even spell Division-1? is that why you say D-1? you all are pathetic and I mean that in the nicest way.

I totally agree...D-1, D-2,D-3 ....sounds a lot like Battleship...lol but really all I have heard is Alcoa this and Alcoa that. Loudon is in good shape for this game...if Loudon loses and you all are sure they will then they have gotten beat by a bunch of D-1 players. sorta like we are playing Carson Newman. and for Alcoa winning what have they got to gain..they beat up on a bunch of non D-1 players...hmmm sounds like a winner to me. its like this guys....I bet Goliath was considered a D-1..lol David D-1nd his head now Goliath is dead. so as for you bunch of arogaant Tornadoes and I am only speaking to those that run the jaw and if this offends you then you are probably the one I am talking about I think the only thing D-1 about you all is you over sized ego. can you all even spell Division-1? is that why you say D-1? you all are pathetic and I mean that in the nicest way.

825740191[/snapback]

Im a CAK fan, my team got beat 56-7. With that said, your analogy might have been the dumbest thing ive ever heard. Thats kinda like saying "Benjamin Franklin discovered electricity, and look where he is now. dead." Wow.

Alcoa has a good team, but they are simply not the best HS team in the state. There is no way to prove it as fact. I have also watched HS football for many years, even when I had no kids on a team I would always go to a local game during the fall months. I am not orignally fron Tennessee but have watched HS football in Fla, Texas and Mich to name a few during my life time. I have been watching HS football in Tennessee for some 30 years and simply put Alcoa is nothing speical, a good 2A team yes. Can they repeat as 2A state Champions yes, but will they, Who knows.

I will also say just because your getting letters from D1 schools, means very little, colleges like UT and other major football schools send out thousands of letters. Being a prospect with a mail box full of letters does not mean a kid will ever start, play or even suit for a D1 Team.