Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out sized by Alcoa???  You must have not seen the monsters on the Maryville team.  They have a few players over 6'5".  Alcoa doesn't have players that big.  Maryville also has enough players to keep a fresh one in during the whole game.  Alcoa, on occasion, has to use the same players on defense and offense.  Maryville was the better team last night and the won because of it.  I don't know what happened to Alcoa.  They have the size and they DO have a great coaching staff.  It didn't even look like the same team that played in KY last week.  If that Alcoa team would have showed up last night Maryville wouldn't have seen the end zone that much.  I think there was too much focus on Brandon Warren this week and it hurt the team. 

Congratulations to Maryville and good luck to both teams for the rest of the season.

825729112[/snapback]

I was with you there until you said

"It didn't even look like the same team that played in KY last week. If that Alcoa team would have showed up last night Maryville wouldn't have seen the end zone that much."

Well it was the same team, Maryville is no Hopkinsville. Alcoa was and is not one of the best teams in the state. They seemed to think a really good team, like Maryville, was gonna lay down and buy into all the hype and press about how good these kids think they are or how good some of these local sports writers think they were. Yea, yea we know anyone could have an off game and the ref's and "Our best Player....." ect..ect...ect...

Fact is really good programs come to play every night, 11 on 11 and let the best program of the night win. Alcoa got smacked in the mouth early and in every area of the game. The score wasn’t that close. D1 players didn’t lead the team and did not show up. Kids during the pre game with their helmets off running their mouths about "Now's the time we get them back and the like"! Kids with shredded flags flipping the bird at the visitors stands.

Again the kids from Maryville and its coaching staff again proved they are the program to beat. Maryville may not have the best athletes around but they truly are the best football players around and they own the hearts of true champions. They may not bring home a ring this year but they will not go down without a fight resting on past accomplishments.

I do want to complement the Alcoa Administration, fans and school for showing great class and hosting a great high school football event that both communities can be proud of. Good luck to the Tornados the rest of the way.

Edited by FBEmeritus

Yes yes yes, I had to come back for this one.... and Man am i glad i did! I haven't had that much fan since... oh yeah the last time we beat Alcoa. I may be maryville alumni now but whipping alcoa still feels the same! I'm glad our 600th win was against Alcoa and i'm sure every Alcoa player, fan, coach.. you name it will be makin excuses for this one for years to come. But the bottom line is that While they make excuses, maryville celebrates victory, good luck on another 14- 1 season alcoa. And yeah Warren would have made a difference on the field, but i guess he'll never get to find out, but I hope they like that "1" in there record, because as long as Maryville's on the schedule, dat's it and dat's all....

Edited by NoOneParticular

Whoever this guy is that thinks he needs to get on this site and give us a morality lesson needs to take a better look at the "team" (if that's what you wish to call the apparently 1 man team without their one man) because I was at the the jamboree and the maryville alcoa game. Alcoa off and more importanly on the field acts like nothing but disrespectful idiots. At the jamboree they have their whole team jumping around because Fiegler wins a punt competition. Dont get on here and criticize maryville because there are a few of us who wont put up with alcoa's loud mouths! But not to take all their credit away, because they do have some D1 talent out there. Did anyone else see the display of punting talent on the Alcoa side? They'll be in trouble next year; who will punt?!

Yes, yes its true Alcoa played like dump. Believe me not only does everyone in the county know they messed up big time but they do too. Not having Brandon on the field I think hurt more mentally than it did physically. He is a big leader and I really respect him for the example he usually sets. Now, I know all the jealous middle aged men and the geeky kids that only sit in the bleachers and yell things like "overrated" when they've never been rated for anything in their oh I don't know 15-16 years of life are gonna jump up and down and claim that he's not a leader otherwise he wouldn't have gotten ejected in the first place but I would do the same thing. I would knock the guys hands away. It was a crappy call and TSSAA made an example of him. We all know testosterone is a dangerous thing, but then again so is homecooking. I am not making excuses because Alcoa played like crap and they would have lost with Brandon on the field or not. The key components of that offense have been playing together for years and they didn't even look like they liked each other last night. They didn't quite gel and no body on the field looked like they were doing their jobs on both sides of the ball. The coaching staff was not to balme; the boys were just dead. I think we should blame it on the Maryville/Alcoa festivities. Yeah, dang the pep-ralleys . The quest to be the most shool spirited really wore them out. Thats the secret have totally apathetic football players.They have a week to get it together. Thank goodness there is no pep-ralley for the CAK game or we would be in trouble.

thumb

Edited by coachspet1449

Darned ole pep rally.

No doubt Brandon not playing hurt AHS.

Going back to last season and into this season, when AHS plays a good physical running team they have struggled at times stopping the run. Two out of the last 3 teams they have played have hung 41 on them.

Edited by STARSNBARS

Can you say OUT COACHED? Alcoa does not stink, Maryville does not stink. As much as i dont like Maryville they have better coaching then we do. They always have except for 2000. Dont tell me Brandon Warren not playing cost us the game, or the line was too small to match up against Maryvilles line. We lost because we didnt play with heart and that falls on Coach Reid. I saw Alcoa players walking back to the sidelines after the first drive. If you walk youve given up. Yes Alcoa put up 21 points but on what and 2nd sting defense who was just happy to be playing. All I heard after the game from the fans was how bad we got out coached and how bad the play calling was...And I agree. Think of the last time Alcoa beat Maryville, We had less talent then they did even if Wilkes didnt play but we had just as good of a Coach (Meadows) and tons of heart. We went on that field wanting it! Knowing that we could win this game if we gave it our all. This Alcoa team walked out like Maryville was gonna lay down for them and when they didnt they just decided to lay down. Its really a disappointment. I cant blame the players they are still young and are kids, it all falls back on the coaching when in turn falls back on the athletic department who should of hired Coach Meadows back when he wanted to come back. I guess Alcoa can be happy with 14-1 seasons now cause when I played we settled for nothing less then 15-0!

Can you say OUT COACHED? Alcoa does not stink, Maryville does not stink. As much as i dont like Maryville they have better coaching then we do. They always have except for 2000. Dont tell me Brandon Warren not playing cost us the game, or the line was too small to match up against Maryvilles line. We lost because we didnt play with heart and that falls on Coach Reid. I saw Alcoa players walking back to the sidelines after the first drive. If you walk youve given up. Yes Alcoa put up 21 points but on what and 2nd sting defense who was just happy to be playing. All I heard after the game from the fans was how bad we got out coached and how bad the play calling was...And I agree. Think of the last time Alcoa beat Maryville, We had less talent then they did even if Wilkes didnt play but we had just as good of a Coach (Meadows) and tons of heart. We went on that field wanting it! Knowing that we could win this game if we gave it our all. This Alcoa team walked out like Maryville was gonna lay down for them and when they didnt they just decided to lay down. Its really a disappointment. I cant blame the players they are still young and are kids, it all falls back on the coaching when in turn falls back on the athletic department who should of hired Coach Meadows back when he wanted to come back. I guess Alcoa can be happy with 14-1 seasons now cause when I played we settled for nothing less then 15-0!

825729464[/snapback]

I am so tired of has been never was players reminising about the "Great Coach Meadows". Has anyone really watched William Blount play. They aren't in shape enough to play one complete game. Last time I checked thats pretty dang important. I guess thats why Sevier County won that game or could it be that they are less talented that Alcoa's 2000 team and Coach Meadow's has lost his touch at getting to the hearts of his players, or maybe just maybe 2000 was a down year for football. Its not the coaching if the line does not block and the D-line gives up, which is exactly what happened. Old men or 20 somethings that had no talent but swear they let it go to waste reminising about the good ole days on this thing drive me nuts. News flash your glory days are over. Move on. Coach Reid might be a stubborn man with a little bit of a neopolean complex but the things he, coach dunn and coach porter have done in that school as far as male influences and coaching ability are way more inportant than some outmatched football game. GET OVER IT COACH MEADOWS IS GONE AND SO HIS WINNING RECORD. And by the way didn't you play the sidelines with your customized cleats. Yeah that was 100 bucks wasted on uncoordinated feet.

Edited by coachspet1449

He pulled a thug move and the rules are the rules. Think he should be allowed to thumb his nose at the rules of because who he is or where he might be going? Bull! If he would have played it would have made little difference.

Alcoa showed no discipline which is a charitor trait of that team even under Meadows. By the way Meadows only beat Maryville once and I think by a TD.

Maryville does have better coaching top to bottom but the kids know they are a better team than Alcoa is simply because of Attitude. The look, act and are humble like true champions. It showed last night. Guess those heads will be able to get back into those helmets now. D1 talent? Where? Maybe D1 size and speed but that is it at this point.