Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To the few on this board that think Alcoa is the best team ever, I've got news for you.  You will dominate our region and probably score 100 on somebody in our region this year. You will win your second, consectutive AA State Championship. You will always be the second best team in Blount Countyy

825729678[/snapback]

Much respect Maryville, you came out and took care of business...I like GQ's planand the team's execution...my nephew has bragging rights as Maryville's dominance continues. Much love Alcoa just learn your lesson and go and take care of business you don't win games in the press you win them on the field!!

77 & 78 Champs

Boy, it sure got quite on the Alcoa side. They thought this was the year to beat maryville, but they were proven wrong. You know the time Alcoa did beat Maryville, the rebels were down to their third string quarterback, turned the ball over four times, and alcoa STILL only won by seven. Alcoa will win state in AA, so at least they will have a happy ending.

Can you say OUT COACHED? Alcoa does not stink, Maryville does not stink. As much as i dont like Maryville they have better coaching then we do. They always have except for 2000. Dont tell me Brandon Warren not playing cost us the game, or the line was too small to match up against Maryvilles line. We lost because we didnt play with heart and that falls on Coach Reid. I saw Alcoa players walking back to the sidelines after the first drive. If you walk youve given up. Yes Alcoa put up 21 points but on what and 2nd sting defense who was just happy to be playing. All I heard after the game from the fans was how bad we got out coached and how bad the play calling was...And I agree. Think of the last time Alcoa beat Maryville, We had less talent then they did even if Wilkes didnt play but we had just as good of a Coach (Meadows) and tons of heart. We went on that field wanting it! Knowing that we could win this game if we gave it our all. This Alcoa team walked out like Maryville was gonna lay down for them and when they didnt they just decided to lay down. Its really a disappointment. I cant blame the players they are still young and are kids, it all falls back on the coaching when in turn falls back on the athletic department who should of hired Coach Meadows back when he wanted to come back. I guess Alcoa can be happy with 14-1 seasons now cause when I played we settled for nothing less then 15-0!

825729464[/snapback]

Is this guy serious?? Did he just say that in 2000 alcoa had a better coaching staff then maryville?? I'm sorry but were you hit in the face with a shovel last night because something just isn't clicking right in your head if that's what you think... That was the year that all alcoa fans love to dream off because they won a game against a maryville team that had almost half of their starters suspsended... not just Wilkes. You know what buddy, you go praise the signed poster of Meadows in your bedroom if that's what you want to worship... The guy that just happened to be coaching when Alcoa had one enormous fluke. But last time I checked that was 5 years ago! And not to mention Maryville won state that year, and the next, and the next, and then again in 2004. I hear there will be a meeting at the Duck Pond tomorrow to worship the great coach meadows! And for all of us who live in reality.. if maryville gets up by enough at half time maybe we can catch WB's next loss!

You know the only mouth I've seen on the site has been the Maryville  But just remember most of us are adults on this site. ... Be careful about what you say on here, the kids are checking the site too.  They don't need punches at them to make them feel worse. ... My son gave it 110% with not as much back up as I expected from the rest of the team. 

825728952[/snapback]

Vol-ette,

Sounds like you need to "practice what you preach". The "rest of the team" is checking this site and sounds like you are throwing a few "punches" yourself???

To the few on this board that think Alcoa is the best team ever, I've got news for you.  You will dominate our region and probably score 100 on somebody in our region this year. You will win your second, consectutive AA State Championship. You will always be the second best team in Blount County.

825729678[/snapback]

Way to have faith.

Vol-ette,

Sounds like you need to "practice what you preach".  The "rest of the team" is checking this site and sounds like you are throwing a few "punches" yourself???

825730031[/snapback]

You know what I'm talking about. It's the name calling. And the punches I'm throwing is at a couple of Maryville fans on this site using the name "idiot". That's all wrong. Punch at the coaches all you want, but go easy on the boys.

And speaking of, to the Meadow's fan out there--If he's such a great coach, why doesn't he have enough faith in his team to play Alcoa this year? Is he pouting because he didn't get his position back? I know a lot of people doesn't like Reid, but he did take the team to the State Championship game last year and brought a trophy home with him. Maybe Alcoa should start recruiting???? Yeah, I said it! My hats off to GQ, I wish we would have figured out how to do that first.

Sorry Govman for taking a stab at your coach.....truth hurts doesn't it?

You know what I'm talking about.  It's the name calling.  And the punches I'm throwing is at a couple of Maryville fans on this site using the name "idiot".  That's all wrong.  Punch at the coaches all you want, but go easy on the boys.

And speaking of, to the Meadow's fan out there--If he's such a great coach, why doesn't he have enough faith in his team to play Alcoa this year?  Is he pouting because he didn't get his position back?  I know a lot of people doesn't like Reid, but he did take the team to the State Championship game last year and brought a trophy home with him.  Maybe Alcoa should start recruiting????  Yeah, I said it!  My hats off to GQ, I wish we would have figured out how to do that first. 

Sorry Govman for taking a stab at your coach.....truth hurts doesn't it?

825730199[/snapback]

Reid will never beat the Rebs as long as GQ is calling the shots!! He was totally out coached in every aspect of the game!! Maybe he should run Duck more than seven times!! I still don't think that would have worked based on what I saw!! Those kids showed me that they have no heart when they get down!! They better improve very quickly!! Congrats to the Rebs and all the fans!! You won't hear me talk bad about you all ever again!!!! They are well coached and they BELIEVE!!!! thumb

Is this guy serious??  Did he just say that in 2000 alcoa had a better coaching staff then maryville??  I'm sorry but were you hit in the face with a shovel last night because something just isn't clicking right in your head if that's what you think... That was the year that all alcoa fans love to dream off because they won a game against a maryville team that had almost half of their starters suspsended... not just Wilkes.  You know what buddy, you go praise the signed poster of Meadows in your bedroom if that's what you want to worship... The guy that just happened to be coaching when Alcoa had one enormous fluke.  But last time I checked that was 5 years ago! And not to mention Maryville won state that year, and the next, and the next, and then again in 2004.  I hear there will be a meeting at the Duck Pond tomorrow to worship the great coach meadows!  And for all of us who live in reality.. if maryville gets up by enough at half time maybe we can catch WB's next loss!

825729776[/snapback]

I'm not saying that Meadows was the best coach ever, but he knew how to use the talent that he had!! I bet he would have ran more than 5 or 6 plays last night!! Don't hate on Meadows because at least he had players with heart!! To me he was the best coach I had!! thumb

Can you say OUT COACHED? Alcoa does not stink, Maryville does not stink. As much as i dont like Maryville they have better coaching then we do. They always have except for 2000. Dont tell me Brandon Warren not playing cost us the game, or the line was too small to match up against Maryvilles line. We lost because we didnt play with heart and that falls on Coach Reid. I saw Alcoa players walking back to the sidelines after the first drive. If you walk youve given up. Yes Alcoa put up 21 points but on what and 2nd sting defense who was just happy to be playing. All I heard after the game from the fans was how bad we got out coached and how bad the play calling was...And I agree. Think of the last time Alcoa beat Maryville, We had less talent then they did even if Wilkes didnt play but we had just as good of a Coach (Meadows) and tons of heart. We went on that field wanting it! Knowing that we could win this game if we gave it our all. This Alcoa team walked out like Maryville was gonna lay down for them and when they didnt they just decided to lay down. Its really a disappointment. I cant blame the players they are still young and are kids, it all falls back on the coaching when in turn falls back on the athletic department who should of hired Coach Meadows back when he wanted to come back. I guess Alcoa can be happy with 14-1 seasons now cause when I played we settled for nothing less then 15-0!

825729464[/snapback]

I saw that the Alcoa coaches were out coached...and I was in D.C. listening on the net :(

MARYVILLE IS THE BEST COACHED TEAM IN THE STATE PERIOD.NOW TO THE REAL TRUTH ABOUT THIS MATCH-UP 4A VS 2A ITS NO CONTEST ITS DIFFERENT WHEN YOU HAVE TO COMPETE AGAINST CENTRAL POWELL HALLS ETC.ALCOA HAS A GREAT 2A FOOTBALL TEAM BUT WOULD STRUGGLE TO BE IN THE TOP 4 IN REGION 3 4A WITH OR WITHOUT BRANDON WARREN.