Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

Hey, forget that crap guys. :lol:

Here's the truth...a game will be played Friday..a darn good game, regardless of the score. It will be played with or without suspended and injured players. Little will the outcome be changed by either.

If it were, for instance Ryan Tallent, we still have Tank Baker and Ryan Singleton. It's much the same at Alcoa this year, though depth for Alcoa is a rarity in years past as we all agree.

Let's talk football...

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I would love for Brandon Warren to be able to play and from 100 other posts we all know who said what and what did what.....HOWEVER that is not what this is about. As of right now Alcoa will not have Brandon Warren...so lets talk about how Alcoa will match up without Warren....

When and if it is overturned we can start talking about the game with Warren....until then lets just talk about the game as if he is not going to be in there...

Good luck to Alcoa and hope TSSAA overturns it!

Good luck to both teams this Friday!

if you rebel posters that say brandon should sit out game and that we were all whining about officiating..let me tell you this..if maryville had played that game in ky..and saw what happened...george quarles and your athletic director would have left sunday night so the could be at the tssaa office when it opened..you know they would fight for their player...especially if he was #1 player in state..say different...you are a liar

825723438[/snapback]

cry me a river !! in 99 , George Quarles first year as head coach , we lost our best defensive player , a Tennessee signee during the playoff game against Central , same circumstances , another player started it , he didn't have the discipline to not retaliate . we got beat , would he have made a difference .... maybe , but who cares , we'll never know . nobody whined about nothing , you guys are doing a disservice to the rest of your team by acting like everything rides on one player . believe me , everybody at MARYVILLE hopes he does play .... we don't want to hear the whining if you get beat without him .

if you rebel posters that say brandon should sit out game and that we were all whining about officiating..let me tell you this..if maryville had played that game in ky..and saw what happened...george quarles and your athletic director would have left sunday night so the could be at the tssaa office when it opened..you know they would fight for their player...especially if he was #1 player in state..say different...you are a liar

825723438[/snapback]

I hope you are a student so that you can learn and grow to the point that you will understand that everyone who does not share your point of view is not a liar. If Warren played for Maryville he would likely be suspended by Quarles, at least for a half even if the TSSAA did not. Quarles suspended 6 or 8 starters in 2001 for the first half of the Halls game for breaking team rules. And your comment "especially if he was #1 player in state" really just solidifies the point some of us are trying to make. The rules are the rules regardless of status. I would hope a coach would fight for any player regardless of their status. And you guys and the officiating. Geez I hate to hear it if you actually do lose a game this year.

Edited by mhs

shiverdecker di have over 200 yards and a couple of touchdowns called back.  you will see friday night.  any long run and flags flew in ky.  they even called a clip on our defense.  maryville would be saying the same thing if it were them in ky.  we come away with win but officiating was horribley one sided

825723423[/snapback]

Uhhhh... if you re-read my post I think you will basically see that I am saying the same thing you are regarding Shiverdecker's performance.

Yes, I would love for Brandon Warren to be able to play and from 100 other posts we all know who said what and what did what.....HOWEVER that is not what this is about. As of right now Alcoa will not have Brandon Warren...so lets talk about how Alcoa will match up without Warren....

When and if it is overturned we can start talking about the game with Warren....until then lets just talk about the game as if he is not going to be in there...

Good luck to Alcoa and hope TSSAA overturns it!

Good luck to both teams this Friday!

825723459[/snapback]

HEY EVERYONE...Read what is above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb thank you!

825723438[/snapback]

If you realy believe that line you just posted, you don't know GQ

and I am no liar

HEY EVERYONE...Read what is above!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thumb  thank you!

825723490[/snapback]

I agree...look I am an Alcoa fan (former player and blount Co. resident) I went to school with Brandon's mother and uncles he's a good kid alright, however if he doesn't play then too bad. The bottom line is that there will be a game Friday and there will be other Alcoa players participating in that game. I would like to talk about the team matchups. I respect what Maryville has been able to do over the years they have been light years ahead of Alcoa in putting together a "Football Program" Alcoa is coming into the 21st century and catching up with the rest of the nation and upgrading facilities and concentrating on building a true program. With that said can we talk about the game?

I think that in the true spirit of competition that exists between these two great programs all interested parties really want to see both teams bring their A games and all their weapons and then leave it all on the field with no excuses. No true champion wants a weakened opponent; they want to see the best.

If the TSSAA finds BW eligible then he will play, although many would question a coach for allowing him to after doing something questionable enough for which to be ejected (anyone think Bowden would tolerate that behavior next year?). In any event it should be a great game...For my price of admission though, I want to see all the guys who I'm going to have to pay a lot more to see next year. It may be justice for BW not to play, but it will also be disappointing.

Here's something I've not heard anyone mention yet: I think that I read somewhere that almost ALL of Maryville's defensive starters from last season are back. Can anyone confirm for me a number of returning defensive starters? If that's the case, then I think we're looking at an amazing defensive squad that has chemistry, state championship experience and the proven ability to dominate. Take away one of the primary offensive weapons from the other team and you've just left the door open for that defense to really have a big day. I think some of these predictions I've seen on here might not be giving enough credit to that unit...or maybe everyone really thinks the Coa offense is THAT good.

What players go both ways for Maryville and what players go both ways for Alcoa?

825723475[/snapback]

Maryville: (Rebel fans might want to help me out)

Josh Smith- OL/DL

Gary Tucker- OL/DL

Ryan Tallent- RB/DB

Tyler Maples- WR/DB

I'm not too sure of any others

Alcoa:

Brandon Warren- TE/DE

Dustin Lindsey- RB/LB

Martin White- OT/DT

Colton Reid- C/LB

Brian Sommer- WR/CB (switches out w/ Shiverdecker at CB)

Chris Shiverdecker- RB/CB (" ")

Kyrus Lanxter- WR/S

Logan Love- FB/SS

Yes, Alcoa will appeal...and I think they will probably win...

825723097[/snapback]

everyone says we were playing under TSSAA rules. wrong. in rule book pg2 of 4, rule n. If tennessee team plays in another state they will play under that states sanction. if that the case tssaa should have nothing to say in this mess. bw could not play next game played in kentucky.