Alcoa Vs. Maryville

TnFootballfan

I've admired the Maryville and Alcoa Football programs since the 70's reading about them while playing in Middle TN.

I've watched a few of y'alls games over the last 5 years and have always thought Alcoa had great skill position players but did not have the size or depth on the line to beat Maryville.

Has this changed?

825722494[/snapback]

Can somebody who dosn't want to sling mud answer the question?

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can somebody who dosn't want to sling mud answer the question?

825723629[/snapback]

Alcoa probably has more depth than they have had in years. And Maryville on the other hand is thinner than they have been the past 6 to 7 years. That being said I still feel that the key players for Alcoa, Lindsey, Warren (if he plays) white, love and possibly one or two others will go both ways a lot of the time. They may not have had to last week but I think Alcoa will find Maryville a little more challenging than Hopkinsville. Tom probably broke it down even better a few posts up from this one. One hook in Alcoa's game last week I am puzzled by is that I heard Alcoa's D played really well. But the news sentinel yesterday said that Hopkinsville had over 31 minutes of posession time but turned the ball over 7 times.

Edited by mhs

Please point out where I have lied. tap....tap...tap.....waiting on an apology.....

As for GQ and staff It wouldn't matter if he was the best player in the world, his butt would be sitting, no appeals and no reconsideration. GQ has proved time and time again that his kids are and will be disciplined.

Remember GQ kicking potentially his best player off the team a few years back prior to the start of the season? An let me assure you that all that kid did was break team rules twice. He didn't violently slug an opposing player.

Remember the three our four staters, and one was the QB, that GQ suspended the first game against Alcoa a few years ago? Nawwww...I'm sure you don't.

Bringing GQ into this discussion is a huge miscalculation on your part.

Now who is the liar?...... :lol:

825723482[/snapback]

were you there..did you see Brandon VILONTLY SLUG someone. and the players that were suspended in 2000 - wasn't that for making counterfiet money!!!! players on any other team in blount county would have went to jail..if i am not mistaken counterfieting is a federal felony offence..look at the last name of these players and you will know why their were no criminal charges. no i don't owe you an apology. but i will give you one if you come to me at the game. i will be on the fifty about 4 rolls up.. come get your apology

Alcoa probably has more depth than they have had in years. And Maryville on the other hand is thinner than they have been the past 6 to 7 years. That being said I still feel that the key players for Alcoa, Lindsey, Warren (if he plays) white, love and possibly one or two others will go both ways a lot of the time. They may not have had to last week but I think Alcoa will find Maryville a little more challenging than Hopkinsville. Tom probably broke it down even better a few posts up from this one. One hook in Alcoa's game last week I am puzzled by is that I heard Alcoa's D played really well. But the news sentinel yesterday said that Hopkinsville had over 31 minutes of posession time but turned the ball over 7 times.

825723633[/snapback]

Thanks for the answer. I was wondering about the pocession time also.

[quote=al1558,Aug 22 2005 - 01:53 PM]

were you there..did you see Brandon VILONTLY SLUG someone. and the players that were suspended in 2000 - wasn't that for making counterfiet money!!!! players on any other team in blount county would have went to jail..if i am not mistaken counterfieting is a federal felony offence..look at the last name of these players and you will know why their were no criminal charges. no i don't owe you an apology. but i will give you one if you come to me at the game. i will be on the fifty about 4 rolls up.. come get your apology

825723637[/snapback]

You guys are hilarious.

Not if it's under a certain amount....which it was. Yep........Maryville players get a free pass in Blount County...... :lol:

Do you think BW would have been arrested if he slugged someone in public and not on the field?

I will take the explaination of the fans that saw the incident that did not have an affiliation to either team. Makes more sense than accpeting the Alcoa spin doesn't it?

50 yard line...4 rows up for apoligies huh. I will be the guy that is 7'7" with one big eye in my head and a large hump on my back. Are you going to whup up on me?.... :lol:

Don't worry.............I didn't expect you to have the dignity to apologize, especially after reading your responses......

Ohh......I noticed you didn't respond to the GQ accusation you made. Doubt you want to go there. BTW the kids received a three game suspension. Several have received suspensions over the years for very minor infractions of team rules.

If GQ is anything he is about discipline....that I can assure you... thumb

825723670[/snapback]

MLREB trust me, if you were at the game then you would see why us Alcoa fans are so upset! The ref should have given both players personal fouls at the most, but he just ejected them over nothing!! It could have been any player in that situation, not just BW, and I would still be upset!!

warren is a thug, that is why he isnt playing in the game. he knew that there was a way important gamecoming next week but he is too self centered to think about anyone but himself. this guy is pitiful, but anyways...im thinking Maryville is going to win this one definately now, even though alcoa will have one less all about meplayer on the field i think we can still take them. lindsey will have to get more than 100 yards this week for sure to beat us, and doing that might be very tough against this awesome Maryville defense this year. i dont see them scoring more than 21 points at all. fiegler isnt all he is cracked up to be in my book, he is nothing more than a solid passer with good recievers, certainly not a D1 prospect in my opinion. our offense needs to be very productive, and ryan tallent needs to have a good game at worst for us to compete. lindsey will be tired near the end of the game as always, from getting pounded by lawhon, tucker, and josh smith all game, which gives Maryville a definate edge. and their dbs are really anything to speak of, i can see whoever our quarterback might be outsmarting them easily, and with shiver, maples, niethammer, and reisser to throw to i dont think he can have a bad game. Maryville by a touchdown

All the chest thumping and hubris aside, this game comes down to a difference in class size. Schools are broken into classes for a reason. A great 4A team should beat a great 3A or lower team EVERY time. Depth catches up to you in the third and fourth quarters, especially in the heat. Maryville will have to make mistakes for Alcoa to win.