Billy Blount vs Soddy

bigducky

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont know what blount has but i look for soddy to rebound after last week, if they can get their kicking game down they can score...they are very big, but pretty slow, but this team will push you all around the field..i say soddy by 2 tds as long as dobbs is gettin the ball to rickets and ashley or atchley or whatever the other ones name is

My recollection of last year's game is that Soddy just physically "whupped" us all over the field. Hopefully, another year of Coach Emert's strength and conditioning will help us in that area.

I was surprised to hear that Soddy lost last week ... I know they have been very highly regarded and highly rated in all the pre-season stuff I've read. What happened? Did they just run in to a better team, or did they have a bad night?

I'm excited about this game. Plan to make the "road trip" and see how the Govs stack up with one of the "big boys" in their region.

I think the weather could factor in. If it is a matchup of speed (WB) vs power (SD) then obviously we want it to be dry. Don't want to do any "muddin" with those big Soddys !!!

As far as my pick goes ... my early week pick ... I'm reminded of a great uncle I once had who just had one eye. One day he was attempting to park his '68 International--the one with the straight 6 engine and three on the tree transmission, when he inadvertently looked over the wrong shoulder (glass eye side) and backed over a fire hydrant. At first it seemed like a bad thing because water started gushing out all over the place ... but then the neighborhood kids realized what had happened, and it being a unusually hot November day, they had a real time playing in the water. I like WB in an "upset special" ... 28 - 20.

Hey boyz!

Gov Man you are such a hoot! That wasn't your great uncle that was you! You had just learned to drive and I was bothering you in the front seat.

We had been to Lakemont Drive-In and well of course you know the rest of the story.

I am picking Soddy in this one! I like the job Lucas did on Saturday and the team really played well, but I think one might get to uppity if they didn't give Soddy the nod at least early on.

I heard one of the starz for the govs got into a little trouble Saturday night...any truth to this rumor?

As far as recruitin' goes no one holds a candle to my red and black! They rolled and are poised to roll again!

Love you boyz!

:)

Edited by susie

Hey boyz!

Gov Man you are such a hoot!  That wasn't your great uncle that was you!  You had just learned to drive and I was bothering you in the front seat.

We had been to Lakemont Drive-In and well of course you know the rest of the story.

I am picking Soddy in this one!  I like the job Lucas did on Saturday and the team really played well, but I think one might get to uppity if they didn't give Soddy the nod at least early on.

I heard one of the starz for the govs got into a little trouble Saturday night...any truth to this rumor?

As far as recruitin' goes no one holds a candle to my red and black!  They rolled and are poised to roll again!

Love you boyz!

:)

825732326[/snapback]

No word on any of the "starz" getting in trouble, but I might hear something this afternoon when my daughter gets home from school.

It's sure nice to hear from you Suzee. I'm reminded of some of those nights at Disco Studio One on Gill Street and of course, Charlie's Place in the Old Capitol Theater building downtown. "Oh she's a brick --- house ... she's mighty, mighty, just lettin' all hang out..." oh well, I digress.

I agree, it is pretentious to pick the Govs after the way Soddy beat 'em last year, but hey ... I'm a believer. Can't help it.

Grew up in Lakemont, worked at the Lakemont Drive in for years. I recall all the younger folks were not always there for the movies. Seems like I remember an International parked in the back rows on those warm summer nights. Anyway, go Govs from an old Everett Bulldog........ :)

I don't know much about the speed Blount has but Soddy has very little. They are huge and very slow upfront. But they probably have three of the best receivers in the region, not to mention a good tight end (might be hurt). If you give their QB time to throw he has shown he can get the ball to em. If you can get pressure on him I think he will struggle. Red Bank is not bad but I don't think they would finish above .500 in this region. Too early to call this one yet. I like Govman think if it is wet Soddy might have the advantage, a dry field might sway me toward the Gov's. :thumb: