DOBYNS-BENNETT VS. OAK RIDGE

-Catfish-

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess for the longer road trips, I should put the directions in sooner. My plan was for away games, to include directions as part of my "Gameday Preview" section.

Sorry about that.

Directions please. Is J. Fred at the high school (1800 Legion Dr.)? If I missed directions in the OR paper, sorry. If not - Tank, we need directions before gameday.

825743518[/snapback]

Paul Bingham is probably the best player DB fans might not have heard of. He's #20, he has two interception returns for TD's in the past two weeks, including a 87 yarder last week. He is also the fastest person on the OR team, yes faster than Spencer. Watch for #20 for OR to make some plays this week.

OR by 10

825743281[/snapback]

ye, Pual's very good, but hes not teh fastest, sorry, and for those of you who dont know, that LIttle World Series joke was pretty darn funny seeing it came from who it did

Directions please. Is J. Fred at the high school (1800 Legion Dr.)? If I missed directions in the OR paper, sorry. If not - Tank, we need directions before gameday.

825743518[/snapback]

OR nole,

Yes the stadium is right beside the school. In fact you will possibly park in the main school parking lot which is just to the left of the statium - if you get there by 5:30. But if there are really 10,000 there you may have to park in Fort Henry Mall parking lot and walk a ways. There is a little bit of parking behind the school. Some people park in the grass in a park across the street from the stadium (may not be legal tho). Also parking at Food City and other lots on the south end of Eastman road.

A map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1800+Legion+...,0.049494&hl=en

Ya'll folks have a safe trip. I'm seeing gas up here for $2.84/gal so decide to either fill up before you leave or tank up here before going back.

So TankTalk writes for the OakRidger... I like to read your DB vs. OR articles every football season. Sorry about the chuckle I got out of your article the other day. Thought it interesting that some in OR might believe that DB can't really be having a slow start. But the O appears to be improving fast. We'll see tomorrow.

Edited by DBGRAD70

I was in Knoxville last Sat. and gas was $3.15-$3.45, I bet the OR fans fill up on the way out of town. I just hope that the gas price is the only thing their happy about. I am realistic though, and DB is not the favorite to win this game, by a long way. If DB wins, it will be a major upset. I have never picked DB to loose a football game, and I won't start now, but I reserve the right not to pick a score.

If Lance Armstrong can beat Cancer and the Tour de France field 7 times, nothing is impossible.

Save trip to the Oak Ridge fans... your my second favorite team and the Indians most respected Rival.

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Thank you, but I am new to The Oak Ridger, this is my first DB game in the regular season. I did have the pleasure of being here for the playoff game last season.

I am very excited about visiting DB and watching a football game there, best of luck to everyone involved.

OR nole,

Yes the stadium is right beside the school.  In fact you will possibly park in the main school parking lot which is just to the left of the statium - if you get there by 5:30.  But if there are really 10,000 there you may have to park in Fort Henry Mall parking lot and walk a ways.  There is a little bit of parking behind the school.  Some people park in the grass in a park across the street from the stadium (may not be legal tho).  Also parking at Food City and other lots on the south end of Eastman road.

A map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=1800+Legion+...,0.049494&hl=en

Ya'll folks have a safe trip.  I'm seeing gas up here for $2.84/gal so decide to either fill up before you leave or tank up here before going back.

So TankTalk writes for the OakRidger... I like to read your DB vs. OR articles every football season.  Sorry about the chuckle I got out of your article the other day.  Thought it interesting that some in OR might believe that DB can't really be having a slow start.  But the O appears to be improving fast.  We'll see tomorrow.

825743611[/snapback]

Thank you, but I am new to The Oak Ridger, this is my first DB game in the regular season. I did have the pleasure of being here for the playoff game last season.

I am very excited about visiting DB and watching a football game there, best of luck to everyone involved.

825743658[/snapback]

If you can, try to be there by 7pm. The band does a pre-game show featuring "Rocky Top" similar to the way UT performs it. Pre-game is as much a part of the show, and tradition, as the ball game and half time shows.

Nice to have you in Kingsport for the 1st time. I will wish your WildCats well for the rest of the regular season, but for this game - well you know how it is. I just hope neither side has injuries. They can happen in a game like this one.