3. Crockett Co. 2-0 45

4. David Lipscomb (2) 2-1 43

5. Lexington (1) 3-0 42 3

6. Carter 3-0 38

7. Polk Co. (1) 3-0 36

8. Greenbrier 3-1 28 10

9. Creek Wood 3-0 27 2

9. Fulton (2) 0-3 27

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Austin-East 25. 12, Trezevant 24. 13, White House 22. 14, Pearl Cohn 21. 15, Anderson Co. 14.

825748389[/snapback]

Where is Knox Catholic and livingston academy

Only 12 media outlets voted throughout the state. With that few people voting, how could anyone take these polls seriously? And another thing, in the 3A poll, who is the idiot who "gave" Lexington a first place vote? No disrespect to Lexington, but the individual who "gave" them a first place vote does not know the first thing about high school football. Lexington is a decent team but is definately not worthy of a first place vote.

If the media outlets in this state don't take the voting seriously, why don't they just eliminate the polls all together?

i agree ...the 1a polls didnt look good to me either...where was union city, mckenzie, fayette academy....i'd be willing to bet that half of the teams in that poll couldnt  hang with the teams i just mentioned...west tenn. got screwed in my opinion...

825748383[/snapback]

They must have been getting screwed for a long time. When have they ever won anything?

I didnt really pay attention to the other polls, but the 3A poll is just plain dumb for many reasons.

1. Fulton Falcons-they r probably one of the most talented and athletic teams in the state, but not right now. they have started 0-3 so what has qualified them to be ranked 9th? they even have 2 first place votes and havent won a game. wow.

2. White House Blue Devils- it seems they are either having a down year or having a bad start. either way they havent won a game so why are they ranked 12th? not putting your BDP's down, but right now its the truth.

3. Knoxville Catholic- undefeated. dominating. very very good right now. not in the top 10. wow.

4. Cheatham County Cubs- same as above. wow.

5. Livingston Academy. same as above.

And thats just what i noticed in the 3A poll. they might as well quit having this poll. its dumb and pointless. it serves no purpose other than to waste people's time and cause controversy. simply amazing how this "poll" even got published

825748276[/snapback]

The only polls that aren't dumb are the ones we agree with. It's the same for everybody.

Yea your right, they have been getting screwed for a long time... and by the way who are talking about when you say "they"? are you implying Fayette Academy, Mckenzie, Union City as "they" or are you talking about West Tennessee when you say "they"...and when you say "won anything" are you talking about games, state championships, region championships?...please clarify...and then i will set you straight.

Edited by acmoney

They must have been getting screwed for a long time. When have they ever won anything?

825748438[/snapback]

Sorta like last year when they voted DB #1 in the state when R'dale was ranked nationally and no one in the state was I reckon.

As long as MOST of the votes come for East Tn and the other regions of the state are not it will continue this way unfortunately.

Tank Talk is one of the few voters I have any respect for among the voters. He knows what he is voting for at least and votes the best and not just for hometown teams.

krp, I remember when Germantown won the BLUE CROSS BOWL a couple of years ago. When was the last time a team from the far east won it in 5A?

I was also there last year when Maryville won it for 4A, and they deserve their ranking!

Division 2A

1. Alcoa (8) 3-1 110 1

2. Westview (2) 4-0 76 6

3. Goodpasture Christian 2-1 61 4

4. Milan 2-0 56 5

5. Donelson Christian 3-1 44

6. Huntingdon (1) 2-1 41

7. Loudon 3-0 38

8. Oliver Springs (1) 3-0 37

9. Tyner Academy 2-1 36 7

10. Fairview 3-0 31 3

Others receiving 12 or more points: 11, Boyd Buchanan 22. 12, East Robertson 20. 13, North Greene 18. 14, Westmoreland 15. 15, Peabody 12. 15, Christ Presbyterian 12.

Well, I can only say that this is going to be interesting. Huntingdon should be at least 3. Milan hasn't proven anything yet.

Either way, that is a great list from Top to Bottom no matter what order they are in. Best in the state? Don't know ... but golly ... some football Tradition there. :justwrestle:

Edited by fieldgoal1

The only polls that aren't dumb are the ones we agree with. It's the same for everybody.

825748447[/snapback]

All I can say is that when Macon County beats White House with week then White House will be 0-4 and not ranked, or even have a shot at the playoffs. Now that is funny, becasue the whole time I played, White House killed us, and now it will feel good to return the favor.

A few more observations in addition to the others pointed out:

--Gleason. They may be 3-0, but their schedule includes a Kentucky cupcake, a terrible South Fulton team and a almost-as-bad Stewart Co. team. How they missed TSD is anyone's guess. They will probably go 5-5 or better, but they are not a Top 10 team.

--Union City. Sure, they're 1-2. But look who those two losses were to: Milan and Westview. Those two would beat ANYONE in 1A. UC is flat good, and they will win their final 7 games.

--Covington, Dyersburg, Crockett Co. I don't think those are the best three teams in 3A. They are all good, but Knox Catholic is right up there. The D'burg-Crockett game this week should be a great one. And Fulton is reeling hard -- they have no place in the top 10...and TWO FIRST-PLACE VOTES? Good grief, were all the voters from West Tennessee and have no clue about Knoxville football?

The 2A, 4A and 5A polls look pretty accurate. But 3A and 1A are completely ridiculous.

And the great thing is -- none of it matters whatsoever.