Farragut 5A vs Powell 4A

rigger101

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know about this one. I could see this going either way. On paper, Powell should win. But the Ads are a good defensive team and they are athletic enough in the defensive backfield to stay with the recievers and keep an eye on Watts. Coach Courtney's teams are usually good on D. He'll have a solid game plan to deal with Watts and Smith. If Farragut is able to get a passing game going, it will be interesting.

What is the health of some of the Powell players after last week? Heard on here that both Watts and Thrower were injured. Powell plays a really hard out of region schedule (Webb, McCallie & Farragut). No off weeks there.

I think Powell will win, but it will be very close. Maybe a 1 to 3 point difference.

Good luck to both.

:thumb: That statement is nothing but a shot at Central.

I guess the Bobcats better not even show up next week against Maryville, as in FBE own words, Powell was gonna be the toughest game for the RedRebels in region play.

:blink: WE SHALL SEE

825756523[/snapback]

I don't think his statement was a shot at Central, if you think so, so be it and so what!

I did say I thought Powell would be Maryville's toughest game of the year and I had some good reasons to suspect it would be. You want to say it was a slight on central but in truth I belived Powell was a better team than central. Powell played Maryville pretty tough last year in the play-offs where the game really counts. Powell was bigger and faster last year and only got older! I expect central to be a tough game as well, mainly because it is in knotzville!

Yes we shall see and don't worry Maryville will be ready to play Friday week.

I think this game will be very close. Watts and Thrower may be hurt and that takes a big part of the offense out of Powell. Admirals defense is tough, probably tougher than Maryville and well coached. Lee Smith will again be double teamed. If Powell can find away to run successfully against the Admirals then the Panthers win by a touchdown. If Thrower is out and Lee Smith is held in check Admirals win by a touchdown.

do you really think that ?? wow . have you seen Maryville ? no offense to Farragut ... but ... no way .

825756985[/snapback]

I just don't see that, either. I know that Farragut has some very good players on that side of the ball, but Maryville's defense is special this year. Maryville may not be as good offensively as they have in the past but their defense is every bit as good as any they have had during this run or outstanding teams. The defense will keep them in games when the offense isn't at its best.

I just don't see that, either.  I know that Farragut has some very good players on that side of the ball, but Maryville's defense is special this year.  Maryville may not be as good offensively as they have in the past but their defense is every bit as good as any they have had during this run or outstanding teams.  The defense will keep them in games when the offense isn't at its best.

825757017[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly HTV . I know Farragut has Reveiz , and a couple other good linebackers , but Maryville has such depth at linebacker that one linebacker who will probably go D-1 Is having trouble getting his starting job back after his injury last year . The same can be said about our 2 year starter at middle linebacker too , who had a back injury in preseason . The defensive line is 8 deep with big ,quick ,interchangeable linemen . Even with a fantastic front seven on defense , Maryville still had trouble containing Cody (baby vick) Watts when he took off scrambling ... he is an impressive athlete .

If Maryville had 2002's offense to go with this years defense .... they would be totally unstoppable .