Riverdale VS. Wilson Central

W.C.Wildcatfan

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scott is the last name of WC's QB. He was good last year, and is GREAAAAT this year. he doesn't panic at all, looks comfortable, and in control. He is definitely the reason for the turnaround on this team. I also hear he is a really fine young man as well.

He is a Great Young Man that has been raised in a wonderful family. I have had the privelage of knowing him and his twin brother Shane for many years. Shane

also plays for WC (#4) and is a definate play maker like his brother. My hat is

off to both of them as they turn 17 (Sept 26). Look for a good game Friday

night. We welcome Riverdale fans to our field and hope that no matter what

the turn-out of the game is that both sides act like good winners/losers. That is

primarily directed at the parents and fans of both teams. The players on both

sides will act in accordance with the way that their coaches teach them. I can

tell you Coach Alexander (WC) will not tolerate any rotten behavior from his

boys and I don't imagine that the Riverdale Team has been as successful as they

have been by their Coach letting them show their backsides either. I wish the

best of luck to both teams. This is a tough spot for both of them because one of

them has to walk away with their first mark in the loss column.

Riverdale[/url'>' post='825766384' date='Sep 28 2005 - 12:10 PM']

I hear Tamar may not play, so I did not want to presume too much.

One of the things I noticed at DC was that Riverdale is a seriously banged up football team. If Tamar is not available that would be a big blow on both side of the ball.

It will be nice to have that bye week next week to prepare for the stretch run.

One of the things I noticed at DC was that Riverdale is a seriously banged up football team. If Tamar is not available that would be a big blow on both side of the ball.

It will be nice to have that bye week next week to prepare for the stretch run.

Have you noticed the large number of injuries in our region this year?

riverdaleman......so does that mean yall are sending me a hot dog?????

Now to address some of the important questions that people have been asking.

Gates will open at 5:30. Tickets are $5. The stands are limited but the school has moved all of the portable bleachers from the baseball, softball and soccer fields to try to help.

Parking is limited but as someone has pointed out there is a suttle bus available from the Bridgestone / Firestone distribution center located on HWY 109. There is only one entry and exit from the school so it is very limited.

Concession stand is great. Joe Biddle (Tennesseean) loved our food last year. To our knowledge we are the only high school concession's that serve Fried Bologna!!! Taste Great! We also have the standard: Hotdogs, Hamburgers, Chesseburgers, Pizza. The concession's is small but Coke has brought a trailer in that will be set up by the visitor's stands to help. There will also be drink stations set up if you just want a drink.

Wilson Central's facilities are limited (one in/out, small bleachers, small concession stand) but please understand the football team (or Coach A), boosters or fans had anything to do with the design or construction. We have the contractor (Hewett) and the BOE to thank. Thankfully the new BOE has agreed that the facilites are too small for 5A football and it is our understanding the stadium will be added too after this season to bring it to the same capacity as Mt. Juliet and Lebanon. Wilson Central deserves that. Again we have Coach A to thank for leading the charge.

As to the game, it will be very competitive and I know both coaching staffs will have their teams prepared. Wilson Central has great athletes and all of the players are great guys (I have known most of them for a very long time). As well as Riverdale I am sure.

We welcome the visitors and all I can say is it "Football Time"!!!!!!!