What Team Did You Play For?

Thesportsreporters

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I played for Livingston Academy 2000 - 2004. Played DE and Center. Went a combined 31-14 in my four years. made it to the semi finals as a senior went 11-2. Most memorable game would be a 26-23 victory over Portland in overtime.

I came and watched that game. It was a good one. Both teams left it on the field. By the way, it was the quarterfinals. ;)

WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL 86-87 STARTED AT QB AS SOPH AND JR. MOVED TO LEXINGTON FOR 88 STARTED AT TE AND CB ON LAST LEXINGTON REGULAR SEASON UNDEFEATED TEAM. BEST GAME THAT NEVER HAPPENED WAS THE THIRD ROUND OF THE STATE PLAYOFFS THAT WOULD HAVE MATCHED US UP WITH WAVERLY WHO WAS ALSO UNDEFEATED AT THE TIME. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PLAY AGAINST ALL MY FRIENDS FROM THERE, BUT WE LOST TO MEMPHIS TREADWELL AND THE X-MAN AND WAVERLY KILLED THEM THE NEXT WEEK. WENT ON TO PLAY ONE YEAR AT LAMBUTH AND THEN MY GIRLFRIEND ( AND PRESENT WIFE OF 16 YEARS) AND MYSELF CAREFULLY PLANNED OUT OUR STARTING OF A FAMILY (RIGHT!!) GREAT TIMES THOUGH. WORST GAME WAS BEATING HUMBOLDT IN FIRST ROUND OF STATE PLAYOFFS MY SR YEAR AT LEXINGTON. CAUGHT A TOUCHDOWN PASS ON 4TH DOWN LATE IN THE GAME AND WE BEAT THEM 14-13. AFTER THE GAME THEIR STARTING CENTER RAMMED HIS HEAD IN THE WALL IN FRUSTRATION AND DIED SHORTLY AFTER. SOMETHING I THINK ABOUT QUITE FREQUENTLY AND ALWAYS REMIND MY PLAYERS WHEN I SEE THEM DOING SOMETHING STUPID LIKE HITTING THEIR FIST ON THE WALL OF A DUGOUT. YOU NEVER KNOW.

Edited by NEWSTANG

BEST GAME THAT NEVER HAPPENED WAS THE THIRD ROUND OF THE STATE PLAYOFFS THAT WOULD HAVE MATCHED US UP WITH WAVERLY WHO WAS ALSO UNDEFEATED AT THE TIME. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PLAY AGAINST ALL MY FRIENDS FROM THERE, BUT WE LOST TO MEMPHIS TREADWELL AND THE X-MAN AND WAVERLY KILLED THEM THE NEXT WEEK.

That's the same thing Lofton said.

Played for Loretto HS 1961-1964. Nose Guard and right guard on offense..played any where from 200 to 220 pounds (big boy in those days). 10-1 my freshemen year and 7-4 senior year. The other were bad 4 or 5 wins a year. Worst thing is we never could be Lawrence County HS.

Big Maryville HS fan now...my kids went to school there with the last graduating in 1999.

Edited by Murvul

# 49 Played at Clinton Senior High 1967-1970 TE/DE No winning Season,

6'3" 185lbs no weight lifting came straight from Baseball season.

My older son played one year 2000 his senior year 6' 158lbs at WR for Rhea Co. #10 on JV and scout team only and was one of the fastest on the team but never played before.

My Middle son now 17 is playing now 2002-2005 for Rhea Co. # 52 starting DE/OL

is 6'3" 200lbs benches 255lbs, squats 415lbs, clean&jerk 255lbs, vertical 30" and

runs the fourty at 4.7 Won Fastest lineman at Anderson Co. Jamboree 2005.

;)

WAVERLY HIGH SCHOOL 86-87 STARTED AT QB AS SOPH AND JR. MOVED TO LEXINGTON FOR 88 STARTED AT TE AND CB ON LAST LEXINGTON REGULAR SEASON UNDEFEATED TEAM. BEST GAME THAT NEVER HAPPENED WAS THE THIRD ROUND OF THE STATE PLAYOFFS THAT WOULD HAVE MATCHED US UP WITH WAVERLY WHO WAS ALSO UNDEFEATED AT THE TIME. WOULD HAVE LOVED TO PLAY AGAINST ALL MY FRIENDS FROM THERE, BUT WE LOST TO MEMPHIS TREADWELL AND THE X-MAN AND WAVERLY KILLED THEM THE NEXT WEEK. WENT ON TO PLAY ONE YEAR AT LAMBUTH AND THEN MY GIRLFRIEND ( AND PRESENT WIFE OF 16 YEARS) AND MYSELF CAREFULLY PLANNED OUT OUR STARTING OF A FAMILY (RIGHT!!) GREAT TIMES THOUGH. WORST GAME WAS BEATING HUMBOLDT IN FIRST ROUND OF STATE PLAYOFFS MY SR YEAR AT LEXINGTON. CAUGHT A TOUCHDOWN PASS ON 4TH DOWN LATE IN THE GAME AND WE BEAT THEM 14-13. AFTER THE GAME THEIR STARTING CENTER RAMMED HIS HEAD IN THE WALL IN FRUSTRATION AND DIED SHORTLY AFTER. SOMETHING I THINK ABOUT QUITE FREQUENTLY AND ALWAYS REMIND MY PLAYERS WHEN I SEE THEM DOING SOMETHING STUPID LIKE HITTING THEIR FIST ON THE WALL OF A DUGOUT. YOU NEVER KNOW.

Wow..I remember reading about that and have told that story many times to kids to just let them know of the importance of keeping their cool. Football is a great game, but it`s not worth doing something dumb over. Can`t believe it was that many years ago. Didn`t he drop a punt late in the game?

Edited by VolunteerGeneral

Grundy Co. of course. 81-84 seasons. 85 grad.

Line both ways of course.

Best personal game was against Whitwell in 83. Have no clue about my personal stats but I know it was my best game.

Best game for the team was the 83 comback victory over Marion Co. Ken Colquette's Warriors were up 21-0 at the half against a Grundy team that had only won 2 games. They were 5-1 or 5-2 at the time and favored by 30 to spank us. We came back and tied the game on the back of the legend Steve Turner. In overtime they scored first and kicked the PAT. We had to go to 4th down to score on our posession. We went for two and Mike Northcutt hit the great Tim Orange in the corner of the end zone to give us the 29-28 win. The entire second half our 150 at the most fans were louder than Marion's 800+.

Out of four years that's the game that means the most.

DL.

I know the thread says Tennessee teams, but I am as proud of my alma mater as anyone else on here.

Shannon Red Raiders, Shannon Mississippi class of 1978. 1-8 junior year followed by an 8-2 senior year where it seemed like every away game was somebody's homecoming. We ruined most of them :D

Played junior college basketball, because no body seemed to want a 6 foot 5 inch 165 pound tight end.