Maryville At Central -

MLREB

Hahaha, took me awhile to find this posts this afternoon, I didn't know that the other got deleted.... wonder who caused that.... oh well, anyways, I've got a serious post for ya~

Maryville wins this one big, and the reason for it is that Central thinks they have the advantage. Central is going to come into this one confident for the first time in the past 4 years. Over confident, I dont believe they will be as prepared as year's pasted and they really need to be. Coach Quarles will exploit all those players going both ways, and I would be surprised if Gaston touches a kick return all night. He is extremely dangerous in the open field, but i'm sure Taka will keep the ball in the endzone all night. Maryville is to solid all the way around, central's offensive line is going to be domniated and force Helton out of the pocket only this D line is much similiar to the 2002 D line. They've got speed on the ends, and a HUGE force in the middle. Maryville wins this one big...

MHS 42

CHS 7

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People think that because a few fans are confident on a message board that the team must be over confident. If that were true, Maryville would even bother putting pads in their pants tonight.

I believe both coaches are good enough with their teams, that neither team is over confident but both teams believe that they can win.

Maryville 28

Cental 24

Prediction time:

I think that both teams are quite evenly matched. Maryville has some advantages and Central has some as well. With that being the case, the game will be decided by some less tangible things:

Coaching - huge advantage to Maryville

Experience - I would say advantage to Central but this crew has never beaten the Rebels

Discipline - with GQ around this stays on the Rebels side

The Monkey on their Back - MHS knows they can win, Central thinks they can

Maryville 28

Central 20

Go Red Rebels!

hey yall i dont know whos gonna win this game but i do know 1 thing i wish i could be there but there are homecoming festivities at powell i dont wanna miss. but i love the bobcats i have many friends on that team. i want central to win. but maryville will be tough and i actually think they have the edge. good luck boys have fun. dont let trash talk make this an emotional game. its all about discipline good luck.

Well last min here and I am leaving for the game. Don't have any idea why the other thread got deleted but I am sure CoachT had good reason due to some of the trash talk.

I read both papers and found only a story on another’s coach’s kid and a running back who wears a Mister T starter set on game days. The papers have very little substance but the KnotZ Mullet Wrap pick Maryville to win the game.

I think Maryville will again rise to the occasion and soundly beat Central in front of a huge crowed attending mostly to see Maryville get beat.

I agree Central should have the advantage at QB, but I don't think the advantage is worth 7 points. Maryville young studs have not made to many mistakes this year and have been to a "Big game" every year.

RB's No question Maryville does. It is a three headed monster, quick dives and power smash mouth. Leon is not going to be fast enough to turn the corner on Wood, Killebrew or Voto. The FB Central is huge but not as fast as Maryville's waterboy's, not a huge threat.

Special Teams- Worth noting. Some one above said Leon would return a kick off back for a TD. Not going to happen as Maryville's kickers both put the kick offs into the end zone. On punts Maryville is delivering some savage hits and returning a few of these for big yards. Best Special teams play Maryville has had for 5 years IMO. They will give the Reb's the short field. Central's kicker is outstanding with length, but I don't think this game will come down to a FG.

Defense- No question Maryville. Central is very good and has played stronger opponents but yielding about 15 points per contest. Only one team has gotten 3 points on Maryville in 5 games before the half. The "First eleven" have been very stingy. Central’s best play is Helton sweeps and pitches to Leon or keeps it about 40% of the time or pulls up and throws on the run the other 10% with less than 30% completion rate. Helton is about 65% on target when he drops back and has time. Maryville won't give the senior much time.

Maryville will win the contest 30 to 10. See you there I'll be dressed in red with a red hat on!

I thought Central's offense was better than what they showed. The Maryville Defense is better than I thought. Looks like Maryville will move thru the playoffs again. I think Central's best chance to beat Maryville was tonight. With Maryville's Defense, they look to be moving toward M'freesboro again. Central's offense never threatened the endzone and I don't think Maryville will give them gimme TD's again like they did tonight. Maryville played unlike Maryville tonight and still won.