• Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Maroon
  • Orange
  • Gold
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal

Welcome to the upgraded message boards!  Please note: if you have been using a username to sign in that is different than the handle (display name) displayed on the boards, you must now sign in with either your handle (display name) or the email address associated with your account.  If you don't know what this means, then it probably doesn't affect you!

Red Rebels

CLOSED SCHOOLS

I was thinking of all the closed schools that were good in Football and even some that were pretty bad. Do you remember these?

Rule-Golden Bears, Holston-Warriors, Everett-Bulldogs,

Porter-Panthers, Walland-Indians, Townsend-Tigers,

Friendsville-Falcons, Lanier-Eagles, Vonore-Blue Devils,

Madisonville-Golden Tornado(s), Charleston-?,

South-Young-Trojans

Edited by Red Rebels

Everett, Townsend and Walland closed when Heritage opened in 1977.

Porter, Friendsville, and Lanier closed when William Blount opened in 1979. What was strange is that when Porter closed those students went to Heritage and some of the Heritage students that came from the Fairview area went to William Blount.

Madisonville and Vonore were merged into Sequoyah.

I think the Knox City/County schools closed when the school systems merged.

In the Nashville area, there were the Donelson Dons, Two Rivers Pirates, Goodlettsville Trojans, the Howard Rebels to just name a few.

>Madison High School, Madison, The Rams, Orange and white colors. We had real rams at each game.

>Litton High School, Nashville, The Lions. Football power

in the 50s.

>East High School. Nashville,

rigger101,

You are bringing back some great memories. You are correct, Issac Litton was a power in the 50's and part of the 60's. Also, there was West High, Central High North High in Nashville. I cannot at this point in time remember the nicknames. Also, had some great games with the orange and white Madison Rams.

rigger101,

You are bringing back some great memories. You are correct, Issac Litton was a power in the 50's and part of the 60's. Also, there was West High, Central High North High in Nashville. I cannot at this point in time remember the nicknames. Also, had some great games with the orange and white Madison Rams.

I didn't play any HS games at Littons field, but I did play pee=wee and Jr high games there. Those areas use to be great places to live.

Add to the Nashville list, DuPont Bulldogs, Bellevue Owls, Joelton Blue Jays, East Eagles, Cohn Tigers/Black Knights, Pearl Tigers, Cameron ?, Haynes?

Add to the Nashville list, DuPont Bulldogs, Bellevue Owls, Joelton Blue Jays, East Eagles, Cohn Tigers/Black Knights, Pearl Tigers, Cameron ?, Haynes?

I remember some great games against Dupont! I know of all these schools except Haynes? Where was that at?

As others have mentioned, the first ones I thought of was the Goodlettsville Trojans (blue and gold) and the Madison Rams (orange and white). Still remember going to some of their games, in fact found a 1970 and 1972 Trojans yearbooks at a yardsale, and I know that Greenbrier is now home to a few old Goodlettsville alumni.