Lake County at McKenzie - Oct. 14

BOHICA

Naderman you are right in a sense, because UC is nowhere in the Falcons minds right now. THey are focused on a good McKenzie club. THis game is going to come down to whose defense can slow down the other teams offense. McKenzie has home field advantage but you can bet the Falcons are not going to appreciate being 6-1 but picked for the Rebels Homecoming game. Both teams are explosive on offense so defense will determine the winner. I thought I would return this thread to the topic at hand.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County is hungry for another shot at Union City,-bigwes68

No they aren't, i'm pretty sure LC doesn't want anything to do with UC in any shape form or fashion, because as much as ya'll might have gotten better, UC is rolling and getting even more physical.

But again, i might misinterpret this and they might be hungry for concussions, if that's the case, then we'll feed the whole team...again...

Na naderman if Lake County plays Union City again it's going to be alot different ballgame.Lake County has got more physical to and we can give Union City concussions to. SO if you want to startt talking before we ever play those words are gonna come back to haunt you!!!!

This could be one of the best games in NW this year. Hayes is a great QB, but Lake County is physical, strong, fast and as hard hitting as anybody I have seen. The receivers better get ready to get rocked.. the secondary hits hard.. as do the linebackers.. it will be a war... Lake County 35 McKenzie 21.....

Union City Killed Lake County like 48-12 right so I believe that UC and Mckenzie game was 52-33 so lake county gets blowed out by 4 touchdowns.

Its nice to see you using the Jimmy Whitby school of math....

Lake County will not get "blowed" out......Mckenzie can't stop anybody, and that will prove to be the difference in the game.....Lake County by 2 tds....

Its nice to see you using the Jimmy Whitby school of math....

Lake County will not get "blowed" out......Mckenzie can't stop anybody, and that will prove to be the difference in the game.....Lake County by 2 tds....

You are correct. A blind man could attend a Mckenzie game and see what the problem is. McKenzie lacks fundamental football skills. The offensive line can't block and the defense can't tackle. The offensive line's first move is to stand straight up. Their second move is to take a step back. This does not mean that the linemen are not good players. This means they have not been taught the fundamentals of run blocking. Why the defense can't tackle is beyond me. This is something a kid learns in backyard football. It is not that hard to teach the defense to attack the ball. Kegan Ball is the only player on the defense that understands this premise, and I am positive that he learned this at Huntingdon. A team has to be two dimentional if they are going to go far in the playoffs. I look for the Rebs to be beaten by Lake County and then whip up on Gleason and South Fulton. I also predict that they will play only one game in the playoffs. I am a McKenzie fan, but something big is missing in the scheme of things. We may set state records, but without the wins, who cares?

You are correct. A blind man could attend a Mckenzie game and see what the problem is. McKenzie lacks fundamental football skills. The offensive line can't block and the defense can't tackle. The offensive line's first move is to stand straight up. Their second move is to take a step back. This does not mean that the linemen are not good players. This means they have not been taught the fundamentals of run blocking. Why the defense can't tackle is beyond me. This is something a kid learns in backyard football. It is not that hard to teach the defense to attack the ball. Kegan Ball is the only player on the defense that understands this premise, and I am positive that he learned this at Huntingdon. A team has to be two dimentional if they are going to go far in the playoffs. I look for the Rebs to be beaten by Lake County and then whip up on Gleason and South Fulton. I also predict that they will play only one game in the playoffs. I am a McKenzie fan, but something big is missing in the scheme of things. We may set state records, but without the wins, who cares?

Maybe its just me, but McKenzie threw over 70 times and allowed 0 sacks and not that many pressures in the Union City game. Looks like the line can't block can it?

if mckenzie's line is that good why didn't it open up holes for a running game? Makes you wonder which is more important -- setting records or getting wins?

I'm sure if running plays were called in a game, they would try to make holes. I haven't been to every game this year, but I went to the Dresden game and they opened plenty of holes there. They didn't do too bad at the West Carroll game either. I'm sure the boys on the team do or try to do what is asked of them.