tank doesnt believe in oak ridge?

NeylandRuled

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you smokin? I'm an OR fan for 50 years and I can acknowledge that Maryville has been "and is" a dominant force in East Tn football now and in previous years. (Heck, Tennessee football period) They are a great team and I fully expect them to add another gold football in their case this year. I don't know if they could beat OR but I'm pretty sure no one is too positive we could beat them either. They are both great programs that represent their schools and communiites well and thwy we can all be proud of.

Go Cats!

Ole Dad

But until Maryville plays the last game of the night on that Saturday in December we shall never know. They are just another small team waiting for the main event.

What are you smokin? I'm an OR fan for 50 years and I can acknowledge that Maryville has been "and is" a dominant force in East Tn football now and in previous years. (Heck, Tennessee football period) They are a great team and I fully expect them to add another gold football in their case this year. I don't know if they could beat OR but I'm pretty sure no one is too positive we could beat them either. They are both great programs that represent their schools and communiites well and thwy we can all be proud of.

Go Cats!

Ole Dad

Maryville has lots of respect for Oak Ridge too , Ole Dad . We all have these types of fans such as cats meow unfortunately . Good luck to Oak Ridge this year . :huh:

Be careful what you wish for! If you actually believe that no 4A team can ever beat a 5A team or even doubt that at times the best 4A team is better than the best 5A team then you have a shaded view of high school football. As far as Carson Newman...I think they could have beaten Tn last Saturday. Ha Ha. Heck, tell Chuckie to schedule Maryville. I'm sure they would oblige and we would love the gate receipts just as they would. They may not beat us every year, but they would beat us often enough to get your attention. (more than Clinton or Farragut does)

Ole Dad

I respect Maryville as a 4A team and respect what they have done at that level. Carson-Newman has won a few national titles too but could they line up with the Vols worst team? Nope.. I am just saying.. Good job Maryville in 4A, please step up and play the big boys.

Be careful what you wish for! If you actually believe that no 4A team can ever beat a 5A team or even doubt that at times the best 4A team is better than the best 5A team then you have a shaded view of high school football. As far as Carson Newman...I think they could have beaten Tn last Saturday. Ha Ha. Heck, tell Chuckie to schedule Maryville. I'm sure they would oblige and we would love the gate receipts just as they would. They may not beat us every year, but they would beat us often enough to get your attention. (more than Clinton or Farragut does)

Ole Dad

Farragut 5A lost to Knox Central 4A this year. Both are top 10 teams in their class this week. Powell beat McCallie and gave Farragut a close game.

Maryville would get deep into the playoffs in 5A. Would they win it all? When is the last time OR won it all? Over the last 5 years Maryville has brought home the Gold Balls and is the Big Dog in this area.

Alcoa, Knox Cen and Powell have stepped up and played larger teams and are respected because of it. It's all based on how you look at it. IMO- Neither MHS or OR are going outside their confort zones and playing other top comp!

I respect Maryville as a 4A team and respect what they have done at that level. Carson-Newman has won a few national titles too but could they line up with the Vols worst team? Nope.. I am just saying.. Good job Maryville in 4A, please step up and play the big boys.

You want them to play Riverdale! :blink: