tank doesnt believe in oak ridge?

NeylandRuled

the only thing that the a stands for is how many people are in your school. it dosent tell you how good your team is... remember when Anderson Co. and Oak Ridge had the 2 years series. they were 3A and they played us tough. i started the game we lost and that was one of my toughest games i ever played.

TC#54

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, you don't seem to understand what its like to be at a winning program. NOBODY wants to play you. Oak Ridge and Maryville would love to play outside"their comfort area"Getting a schedule is difficult for teams that win year after year. DB is a non region game for Oak Ridge and we play them every year. Oak Ridge wants to play the best but nobody wants to play them.

Edited by Cats meow

Well, you don't seem to understand what its like to be at a winning program. NOBODY wants to play you. Oak Ridge and Maryville would love to play outside"their comfort area"Getting a schedule is difficult for teams that win year after year. DB is a non region game for Oak Ridge and we play them every year. Oak Ridge wants to play the best but nobody wants to play them.

Riverdale went to Ohio and they come their next year. MBA had The top team in SC come to Nashville. It can be done.

BTW I forgot about DB, Your correct. Those 2 programs are great and I bet both teams make a nice $$$$ at the gates.

Bottom Line is we all want to watch great football.

BTW-Tank can stop worring about Ooltewah! The Ads took care of that bump in the road for OR! B):blink:B)

One more thing. You know this as a Farragut fan, with our region being so spread out it doesn't make for any natural rival games. Of course with football being the main money maker, programs need to have a game or two where they don't have to travel so far away from home. When the region games are 100 miles away then its not the best thing in the world to go to Ohio for other games. Oak Ridge always played Gallatin, Oakland, Hendersonville before this region came into being. But that went out with the TSSAA. Sevier County was a regular too until they dropped OR this spring. Oh well, I guess you play who you play.

One more thing. You know this as a Farragut fan, with our region being so spread out it doesn't make for any natural rival games. Of course with football being the main money maker, programs need to have a game or two where they don't have to travel so far away from home. When the region games are 100 miles away then its not the best thing in the world to go to Ohio for other games. Oak Ridge always played Gallatin, Oakland, Hendersonville before this region came into being. But that went out with the TSSAA. Sevier County was a regular too until they dropped OR this spring. Oh well, I guess you play who you play.

Good points! :blink:

Carson-Newman has won a few national titles too but could they line up with the Vols worst team? Nope.. I am just saying.. Good job Maryville in 4A, please step up and play the big boys.

Wow, I guess MTSU could never beat a undefeated SEC School. Wait they did Vandy! Also, they put a scare in a few other SEC programs. Just using same logic.

Edited by rigger101

Cats,

You are kiddin right? ORHS "ALWAYS" played Gallatin, Oalkland, and Henderonville? I think if you go back and check, we had a couple of 2 years series with each of them because Joe liked to play middle tn schools. We dang sure didn't ALWAYS play them. And by the way, "went out with the TSSAA? Do you think that the TSSAA was just invented lately? The truth is that the top 4A teams can compete with the top 5A teams on a regular basis and win their share. There are too many classifications and it was fine when there were 3. Maryville plays Billy Blount and Heritage every year and owns them. They also play Alcoa and gets to see Morristown West in the playoffs. Morristown West and OR and Central and OR used to play for years, in fact many more times that OR and the teams you mentioned. If you think Maryville is ducking us you have got to be kiddin. Ask the coaches if they this that Maryville and Morristown and Central are inferior teams? I'm sure they woud all line up OR and play if Chuckie made a place on the schedule for them. There are the Karns, Halls and Sevier County's of the world that do duck OR but there are many that would love the chance to play us. And like Rigger said, I guess you want them to play Riverdale when you say, "Big Boys" cause we haven't won a gold ball in 15 years. Maybe this is our year but Maryville brings them home on a regular basis. I'm an OR fan to the core but that doesn't normally make people un-objective about the quality of football. You can actually be a fan of one team and acknowledge that another team is a worthy opponent. Bring on The Owls.

Ole Dad

Great post Ole Dad. I have a lot of respect for Oak Ridge.

I wish Maryville could play Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennet or Riverdale. Maryville will always play fellow Blount County Schools William Blount,Heritage and Alcoa. I want the Blount County schools to always play each other. I wish Maryville could drop Clinton and South Doyle. But! Clinton and South Doyle are region games.

Ron,

That would be a great series for both schools. They are both class programs. Thanks for the reply.

Ole Dad

Great post Ole Dad. I have a lot of respect for Oak Ridge.

I wish Maryville could play Oak Ridge,Dobyns Bennet or Riverdale. Maryville will always play fellow Blount County Schools William Blount,Heritage and Alcoa. I want the Blount County schools to always play each other. I wish Maryville could drop Clinton and South Doyle. But! Clinton and South Doyle are region games.

Ole Dad, if you read some of the earlier posts. I said because of the new region structure put in place by the TSSAA, Oak Ridge had to go to a schedule where they are traveling greater distances just to play region games. To spell it out clearly for you. Oak Ridge can't afford to play the teams it might like to. Do you think Oak Ridge likes the region the TSSAA set up for us to play? THE TSSAA made this call.. Maybe you understand my point now. Okay as for the two year series with these teams I brought up. I should have said they liked playing the Gallatins, Hendersonvilles and Oaklands. I should have said they always played teams outside the area like the... like I said before. you read things way to serioulsy and can't read betwen the lines. I don't think they are ducking Oak Ridge. I think they should play 5 A ball. Where did I say that?

Edited by Cats meow