tank doesnt believe in oak ridge?

NeylandRuled

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had the privilege--actually as a WB fan, it hasn't really been much of a privilege--of watching Maryville, Farragut, and Oak Ridge in our last three games.

BASED ON THE NIGHTS I SAW THE THREE TEAMS PLAY ... and I know that is not an all-inclusive way to rate teams, but ...

Maryville is in a class by themselves. It is simply ludicrous for the Sentinel to continue to rank OR ahead of the Rebels. I believe Maryville would be 2 td's better than OR. I know that will get stones thrown at me, but it's my honest evaluation, and I'm certainly not a Maryville homer.

Maryville and Farragut both dominated WB moreso than OR did. Blount was in the game with OR through 3 quarters--could never capitalize on OR's mistakes (of which their were several). Take away a blocked punt return for td, and it's 7-6 Oak Ridge, late in the third quarter. Blount' s defense was able to stop OR alot easier than they were able to stop either Maryville or Farragut.

I will say that Spencer Gulmire is a bonafide stud. He had one of the most spectacular runs against the Gov's in the fourth quarter than I've witnessed. He must have broken 8 tackles on the run. The OR qb is good and the receiving corps is impressive.

In all fairness, maybe it was just the one night I saw the Cats play. I know weather conditions were less than perfect. But based on last Friday night, I'd rate Maryville a definite 1, Farragut a close 2, and OR 3 on the performances I saw.

Having said that, I'll still predict OR to beat Farragut (crazy, ain't I?). I believe the Ooltewah/OR game could be a classic. I don't think Soddy can compete with the Cats.

One man's honest opinion.

I've had the privilege--actually as a WB fan, it hasn't really been much of a privilege--of watching Maryville, Farragut, and Oak Ridge in our last three games.

BASED ON THE NIGHTS I SAW THE THREE TEAMS PLAY ... and I know that is not an all-inclusive way to rate teams, but ...

Maryville is in a class by themselves. It is simply ludicrous for the Sentinel to continue to rank OR ahead of the Rebels. I believe Maryville would be 2 td's better than OR. I know that will get stones thrown at me, but it's my honest evaluation, and I'm certainly not a Maryville homer.

Maryville and Farragut both dominated WB moreso than OR did. Blount was in the game with OR through 3 quarters--could never capitalize on OR's mistakes (of which their were several). Take away a blocked punt return for td, and it's 7-6 Oak Ridge, late in the third quarter. Blount' s defense was able to stop OR alot easier than they were able to stop either Maryville or Farragut.

I will say that Spencer Gulmire is a bonafide stud. He had one of the most spectacular runs against the Gov's in the fourth quarter than I've witnessed. He must have broken 8 tackles on the run. The OR qb is good and the receiving corps is impressive.

In all fairness, maybe it was just the one night I saw the Cats play. I know weather conditions were less than perfect. But based on last Friday night, I'd rate Maryville a definite 1, Farragut a close 2, and OR 3 on the performances I saw.

Having said that, I'll still predict OR to beat Farragut (crazy, ain't I?). I believe the Ooltewah/OR game could be a classic. I don't think Soddy can compete with the Cats.

One man's honest opinion.

Govman,

As one who always respects your opinion, I would diagree a little. I have yet to see WB play Maryville, but WB always plays us tough. In fact, I thought, WB played as poised and confident against us since I have been watching the Cats. Do they play us different than Maryville? I would like to hear your opinion on that.

Yes, I would pick Maryville #1 as well. We are too banged up right now, especially on the line and at FB, to blow people away, but our defense is still doing quite well. I don't believe Farragut will score a TD on us. However, it will be a close game just like the past several years (the playoff game not withstanding).

The next 3 weeks will tell a lot about our season. We need to take it a game at a time and hopefully some of our guys can heal up to help us win. Good luck to the Govs on the rest of the season.

Or692003 i will laugh again when the cats are sitting at home.Who was the last anderson co team in the state championship.Thats right Clinton.You need to weed eat to.

You keep posting the same post about the last Anderson County team "IN" the championship game, Oak Ridge has NEVER LOST a championship game, Its kinda sad that the only thing you can be pround of is being "IN" the game, only once mind you, and never having WON the game.

As for GOV Man, until Maryville is willing to step it up and schedule OR, we'll never no who has the best team, I do find it strange that you would rank Farragut above OR, and then pick OR to beat them, plus your basing your opinion on one game. I wish they would play each other this year, it would be the biggest game in Tennessee.

You keep posting the same post about the last Anderson County team "IN" the championship game, Oak Ridge has NEVER LOST a championship game, Its kinda sad that the only thing you can be pround of is being "IN" the game, only once mind you, and never having WON the game.

As for GOV Man, until Maryville is willing to step it up and schedule OR, we'll never no who has the best team, I do find it strange that you would rank Farragut above OR, and then pick OR to beat them, plus your basing your opinion on one game. I wish they would play each other this year, it would be the biggest game in Tennessee.

Gov man-is in sinc with about 4 polls in the State and one in the country that has Maryville ahead of the Cats.

I think 2,4,5 & 7 might make the cat fans say whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt!

1 Maryville

2 Knoxville Central

3 Memphis University

4 Knoxville Catholic

5 Alcoa

6 Montgomery Bell Academy

7 Webb

8 Christian Brothers

9 Oak Ridge

10 Farragut

www.unapproved website.com

Edited by rigger101

Gov man-is in sinc with about 4 polls in the State and one in the country that has Maryville ahead of the Cats.

True but Polls are just that polls, Every poll in the nation had Tennessee in the top ten if not the top five, now look where there at. I'm not Maryville bashing, I wish they would settle it on the field. One note of interest. The TSSAA has Maryvilles enrollment as 1351. Here is how the classifications unfold:

5A 1358 and above

4A 984 to 1357

3A 667 to 983

2A 399 to 666

1A 398 and under

With a little push in enrollment at Maryville, we may get our wish.

True but Polls are just that polls, Every poll in the nation had Tennessee in the top ten if not the top five, now look where there at. I'm not Maryville bashing, I wish they would settle it on the field. One note of interest. The TSSAA has Maryvilles enrollment as 1351. Here is how the classifications unfold:

5A 1358 and above

4A 984 to 1357

3A 667 to 983

2A 399 to 666

1A 398 and under

With a little push in enrollment at Maryville, we may get our wish.

Did you have to bring up UT???? :thumb:

Now, I'm depressed! :P

Good luck to the cats! OR has one of the best football atmospheres in the State.

Or692003 i will laugh again when the cats are sitting at home.Who was the last anderson co team in the state championship.Thats right Clinton.You need to weed eat to.

SHAGGYBOY when was last time that clinton actually had a winning season. and when i say winning i dont mean a 4-6 record or 5-5 record i mean 10-plus average season record. now come mow my yard,do my weed eating,and fertilize my yard now and bring me some kool-aid pronto.or better yet u can just hang around those guys from the 1992 clinton team and relive your wheny you guys went to your only state title appearance and got you butts handed to you by Gallatin

Govman,

As one who always respects your opinion, I would diagree a little. I have yet to see WB play Maryville, but WB always plays us tough. In fact, I thought, WB played as poised and confident against us since I have been watching the Cats. Do they play us different than Maryville? I would like to hear your opinion on that.

Yes, I would pick Maryville #1 as well. We are too banged up right now, especially on the line and at FB, to blow people away, but our defense is still doing quite well. I don't believe Farragut will score a TD on us. However, it will be a close game just like the past several years (the playoff game not withstanding).

The next 3 weeks will tell a lot about our season. We need to take it a game at a time and hopefully some of our guys can heal up to help us win. Good luck to the Govs on the rest of the season.

'

Boyfromsi,

I guess an argument could be made both ways ... "Does WB, for whatever reason, just step it up and play better when they face OR than they do against Maryville?" "OR, is Maryville just that much better than OR that they make WB look worse?"

Don't know ... and I was real up front in saying that I was basing my comments on having watched the three (MHS, ORHS, and FHS) play one game against one common opponent. That's why I said, "although Farragut looked better two weeks ago to me than OR did this past Friday night, I'd still pick the Cat's to beat the Admirals."

Wasn't aware of your injury problems, but I'll say this--and I know you know--that's always part of the equation in determining great teams. Maryville has faced serious injuries to starters every year I remember, yet they always march on.

I'd love to see OR take it all the way to Murfreesboro and represent East Tennessee football on the 5A level. I've not been much more impressed with anyone this year than I was with Zach Gulmire. I'm not talking about his ability (which is off the charts). I'm talking about when a WB player would come up and put a good hit on him, he'd jump up and pat the defender on the head and tell him "good play." That's class and you don't see it as much these days as you used to. I thought the whole Wildcat team handled themselves very well and showed great sportsmanship.

Spencer is quite the player and leader on the field and is one of the best that has rolled through Oak Ridge (and that is saying a lot). I will say too that the William Blount players played with good sportsmanship. It was a good clean hard-fought game. You all have a greatly improved McMinn squad to look forward to this weekend, so watch out.

Everybody knows that Maryville will have to play 5A ball eventually. They will probably end up in region 1 with Kingsport DB, since region 2 has one more team already. Then, we will see what Maryville is made of. They will have to play schools their own size week in and week out. Kingsport and Maryville in the same region will be awesome. Then one or both will get OR in the playoffs. It's gonna be alot of fun when that finally happens.

Hey Guys,

You know you don't see that type of play much any longer. When Bear Bryant was coaching that was a trademark of Alabama (and I'm a Vol) that they would knock your block off and then reach down and help you up. No smack talk, etc. That was a class act and I'm happy to see some of the programs today going that direction.

Ole Dad

Spencer is quite the player and leader on the field and is one of the best that has rolled through Oak Ridge (and that is saying a lot). I will say too that the William Blount players played with good sportsmanship. It was a good clean hard-fought game. You all have a greatly improved McMinn squad to look forward to this weekend, so watch out.