tank doesnt believe in oak ridge?

NeylandRuled

I have a tape, would love to sit down and review it with you.

I did say Ooltewah was a very dangerous team, felt like they had the best chance of beating Oak Ridge in the regular season. At the beginning of the year, I could have added Soddy as well.

I did NOT make that statement recently.

And Oak Ridge can't just show up and beat Farragut either, they will need to play well, like they are very capable of. If you think I am Oak Ridge bashing, I am very sorry. You should hear those guys that do the Friday night show! :thumb:

If I ever pick Oak Ridge to lose in the paper, and they don't, then you can bash away. I can say many things, I said I thought WB was a dangerous team, but who did I pick to win? Saying a team has the potential to do something and believing they will actually do it, are two entirely different things.

I honestly doubt I will pick OR to lose a regular season game, but who knows, if it stirs the nest, I have always enjoyed doing that.

I dont thnk I actually know TANK, but I do believe taht I have been in a similar situation...I used to do teh Campbell Copunty radio, delayed TV play by play, AND write about Cougar football (and othe r sports) in a local newspaper... I know that CC is not OR, but as reporters we sometimes have to look at things objectively ...anything is possible in MOST high school athletic events...that is why they play the games... a team taht might have an outside shot at beating OR (or any other team) could have an exceptional night while OR has an off night...or maybe OR is playing a pretty good football team...breaks, injuries, decison making could cost either team the game...

again, I am not totally aware of what was said or when it was said, but I hope this sheds some light on teh situation...being a hometown reporter can have both good and bad points...many times whatever you say is wrong in someone's eyes/thoughts...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has gotten all blown out . Tank simply said on the Sat. morning show, the Owls could beat OR if they didn'y play up to their ability. Then a viewer called in and took exception with that and in jest Tank said that Soddy could beat the Cats. He's right about the Owls we had better come with our A game or it could be a long nite.

I know I only cook for the tailgate and don't know anything about football but right is right. Get off Tanks back and get the facts before you go off on somebody.

Edited by bounder

Yeah, and you're still learnin to cook. Ha Ha

I told you, get "TR The Terrible" out of retirement and fire up some ribs. Keep up the good work.

Ole Dad

This has gotten all blown out . Tank simply said on the Sat. morning show, the Owls could beat OR if they didn'y play up to their ability. Then a viewer called in and took exception with that and in jest Tank said that Soddy could beat the Cats. He's right about the Owls we had better come with our A game or it could be a long nite.

I know I only cook for the tailgate and don't know anything about football but right is right. Get off Tanks back and get the facts before you go off on somebody.

Guys, I appreciate the kind words and all, but if you can't do the job/jobs I do without taking some hits, you need to find different work.

I have built thick skin (which is rather obvious, whew) in the years I have done this and actually appreciate the original poster for typing his opinion. I come here, people know who I am and what I do, thus sticking my neck out a little further. I don't mind at all.

Wish more "media" types would be open and discuss things in this manner, I think it keeps you more focused and in-tune with the folks that really care about athletics. Like I have said a million times, what Coach T has done for lovers of high school sports is truly amazing and I appreciate him for it.

If I didn't want to take hits, I would make up an anonymous name and post away, but I don't gain anything from that either.

Again thanks, I feel like the luckiest man in the world, being able to make a living by covering 'games.' 99 percent of the people I have met and encountered in Oak Ridge have welcomed me with open arms and have been so incredibly helpful while I have been here. I can honestly say, I hope I retire as the sports editor of The Oak Ridger.

Not anytime soon, I hope!

Ole Dad

Guys, I appreciate the kind words and all, but if you can't do the job/jobs I do without taking some hits, you need to find different work.

I have built thick skin (which is rather obvious, whew) in the years I have done this and actually appreciate the original poster for typing his opinion. I come here, people know who I am and what I do, thus sticking my neck out a little further. I don't mind at all.

Wish more "media" types would be open and discuss things in this manner, I think it keeps you more focused and in-tune with the folks that really care about athletics. Like I have said a million times, what Coach T has done for lovers of high school sports is truly amazing and I appreciate him for it.

If I didn't want to take hits, I would make up an anonymous name and post away, but I don't gain anything from that either.

Again thanks, I feel like the luckiest man in the world, being able to make a living by covering 'games.' 99 percent of the people I have met and encountered in Oak Ridge have welcomed me with open arms and have been so incredibly helpful while I have been here. I can honestly say, I hope I retire as the sports editor of The Oak Ridger.

I'll second that!! How many High Schools have the attention given to them by the local paper (which since Tank took over is fantastic), not one but FOUR local TV shows dedicated to high school football. Tanks and Gooses show on Wednesday night, and Saturday morning, the call in show on Friday night, which Tank still has a small hand in, and David Clarys show with the coach and players on Wednesday night,his live telecast of the game on radio and channel 15 locally, and his playback of the game on Saturdays. This takes alot of time and attention by these folks and others involved. Whew thats alot, and does not even include the other teams that are covered. We are indeed lucky to have these types of individuals willing to spend the time and effort for our kids. I wonder if any other high schools in Tennessee have this kind of attention given to there program?

Edited by catback

Now they just need to get them all streaming on the internet so we can all see and hear them. In fact something was wrong with the streaming on Friday night. I couldn't get the game and there were several posts on here of people that also couldn't get the game online.

Ole Dad

I'll second that!! How many High Schools have the attention given to them by the local paper (which since Tank took over is fantastic), not one but FOUR local TV shows dedicated to high school football. Tanks and Gooses show on Wednesday night, and Saturday morning, the call in show on Friday night, which Tank still has a small hand in, and David Clarys show with the coach and players on Wednesday night,his live telecast of the game on radio and channel 15 locally, and his playback of the game on Saturdays. This takes alot of time and attention by these folks and others involved. Whew thats alot, and does not even include the other teams that are covered. We are indeed lucky to have these types of individuals willing to spend the time and effort for our kids. I wonder if any other high schools in Tennessee have this kind of attention given to there program?

wpasi,

That's why they have vanilla and chocolate, most topics are controversial or no one would be interested inposting. Your opinion of Tank is shared by many, including me, but thtat doesn't make it the only opinion that countes. Tank, call those streaming guys this week and see if they can fix "The Net" before Friday night.

Ole Dad

This is one crazy topic. I've know Tank for a very long time and do know he tell's it like it is he and goose are good honest guys and I feel this area is very lucky to have them.