AC, Fulton, or LA who gets the last 2 playoff spots?

AERoadrunners

Just about every one of LA's games has been a shootout. I don't think they've had an easy, blowout from the beginning game yet. They even played York close.

We have pretty much played up or down to the level of our competition! We don't beat anyone bad or get beat bad. That is very subject to change if we don't get it back together for Fulton game.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have pretty much played up or down to the level of our competition! We don't beat anyone bad or get beat bad. That is very subject to change if we don't get it back together for Fulton game.

Does that mean you guys are going to play "real" fast? Beacause you're getting ready to see speed you havn't seen before. Seriously, I hope you guys beat them, but you better be ready for their speed, they'll be in your secondary so quick you won't know what hit you.

Your right, this is a sport and their are winners and losers, fortuanately this does not always indicate the character of these young men, the last 4 or 5 years for Kingston has been dissapointing, but that might have something to do with them playing in the toughest region in the state and them being the smallest school in that region, they are only about 40 kids from AA, Loudon has more kids than Kingston, You talk about a teams record is a measure of their worth and that indicates good and bad teams. Does that mean Catholic is better than Fulton? They have a better record so they must be huh. What about teams that are 4-6 or even 3-7 and make the playoffs, by your definition they are losers but they still make the playoffs, explain that one Football Genius.

Couldn't agree more, very well put. So wheres your explaination CLEVELAND????

Edited by texas86tenn28

Alot of true statements have made about Kingston these past few posts and I am here to point them out to you. Also, to add some of my own.

Cleveland- Kingston has a snowballs chance of making the play-offs, less than that if you ask me. They dont deserve any respect except from 2 or three teams. Hardly anyone in 3A.

Skewby- If you ask Catholic anything, they wont be concerned with past games. They are the kind of team that doesnt dwell on things like that. All they will tell you about is how bad they're gonna beat yall come tomorrow night.

Texas86- Since when are the words class and sportsmanship associated with Kingston? Just wondering..

Goose- That is some good stuff. You've done your homework. But if all that were to happen, you better be looking for Jesus to come back. lol. Keep up the good work. Love the show

As for me, I dont believe that Kingston will win another game. They wont make the play-offs. Not this year.

Does that mean you guys are going to play "real" fast? Beacause you're getting ready to see speed you havn't seen before. Seriously, I hope you guys beat them, but you better be ready for their speed, they'll be in your secondary so quick you won't know what hit you.

Are you telling us they are that much faster than AE? I hope we are going to play "real" smart and utilize what speed we have on offense and try to out score them. I don't look for our defense to shut them down!

Alot of true statements have made about Kingston these past few posts and I am here to point them out to you. Also, to add some of my own.

Cleveland- Kingston has a snowballs chance of making the play-offs, less than that if you ask me. They dont deserve any respect except from 2 or three teams. Hardly anyone in 3A.

Skewby- If you ask Catholic anything, they wont be concerned with past games. They are the kind of team that doesnt dwell on things like that. All they will tell you about is how bad they're gonna beat yall come tomorrow night.

Texas86- Since when are the words class and sportsmanship associated with Kingston? Just wondering..

Goose- That is some good stuff. You've done your homework. But if all that were to happen, you better be looking for Jesus to come back. lol. Keep up the good work. Love the show

As for me, I dont believe that Kingston will win another game. They wont make the play-offs. Not this year.

Ok I am so sick of fighting with you know it alls....this all started with me asking a simple question and getting ALOT off rude remarks. Then I simply thanked those

who answered me seriously and as for the others I just asked that they be more sportsmanlike. I am sorry to you Took if you have had a bad experiance with Kingston where they have been rude to you, but on here we are just supposed to be football fans who want to talk the games. I didn't bash your team nor did I bash Cleveland's team I guess he just gets his kicks that way, a simple they don't have a chance would have been fine but we just keep going on and on. So I am done and your right goose knows exactly what he is talking about but I think he, I and alot of others on the post most certainly don't think you should have made the comment that we should be looking for jesus to come back there really is nothing funny about that. Then that brings us back to what we have been fighting about "A SIMPLE I DON'T THINK SO" will do fine I beg you all to not show your ignorance man alive can we not just be fans and talk sports?

I know it would take a miracle for Kingston to make it and it's not going to happen.

We all said that there were six good teams in this region and two good ones would not make the playoffs. I just wonder how many regions across the state that the fifth and sixth teams from this region would finish in the top two spots? Probably quite a few.

Hey Took I'm glad that Catholic dont dwell on things such as getting blasted by Fulton last week, you say they will tell me how bad they are gonna beat Kingston tomorrow night , well maybe they will beat them and maybe they wont, the last time I checked that's why you play the game. Maybe I am old fashioned but a record does not indicate how hard a team plays, when I played we would play scott co. every year and they were never real good but always played us hard and tough and you gotta respect that b/c as soon as you dont you will get beat, if Catholic does not respect Kingston then that's fine, but they better play hard or they will get beat, I know Kingston is not very good and have took some beatings these last few years but you best believe they have also gave some over the years. You talk about sportsmanship and class, well from what I remember about playing ball is the no.1 rule with class and sportsmanship is you dont have to like them but you better respect them.

I know it would take a miracle for Kingston to make it and it's not going to happen.

We all said that there were six good teams in this region and two good ones would not make the playoffs. I just wonder how many regions across the state that the fifth and sixth teams from this region would finish in the top two spots? Probably quite a few.

None

Couldn't agree more, very well put. So wheres your explaination CLEVELAND????

First of all Skewby, you might want to read what was posted before you start spouting off. No-one is questioning the character of these kids. The only thing that was being discussed was that Texas started talking about the fact that Kingston deserved respect and I stated that Kingston (and Scott) did not earn any respect based on their records (and I clarified that by stating that I was referring to their records over the past several seasons). Are we all up to speed now? Good- let's proceed.

You can make all the excuses in the world for why Kingston has struggled over the years but the cold hard fact is that you have to win to earn respect. Bottom line. Again, no one is questioning the character of your players-you all may have the greatest kids in the world- they may all graduate and become doctors and save the world and that's great. But this is a FOOTBALL discussion forum and the words respect and Kingston FOOTBALL do not belong in the same sentence.

As far as the question about Fulton and records vs. playoffs- the answer is simple. Playoff spots are based on region records, not overall. So a team that wins the important region games gets in. Until TSSAA does something about scheduling, you will always have teams with losing records in the playoffs. The fact still remains- Kingston can't even do that so let's stop trying to call them something they aren't.