Last Four teams standing

pujo

i got your back eagle 24. so you think cosby's still a flop! thats ok we are proud of them and what you carter county fans think has never mattered to us anyway. you dont know the situation here. do to the lack luster past years of cosby football the weight room was not a priority till shelton and his staff took over. everyone they have played has been stronger and definity bigger and yet they still won and gave teams trouble. so say what you want. we as fans and supporters will take the moral victories and the good showings because that is the beginning of all great things. as for some of you comments. i would venture to say that cosby players did say some things on the fiels as did hamptons. thats the way it is have you ever played. did you see them after the game talking shaking hands actually talking to each other acknowleging each others abillities. did you see potter late in the game make the tackle on #2 and as he got up slam #2 head into the ground. i was with shelton when potter came out of the lockerroom. potter stoped to apologize for it. Good job potter shows your character a true man. shelton replied by telling him emotions run high on the field we do things out of character sometimes that are uncalled for. they shook hands and went on with life. we as cosby fan are not trying to say we are better than you guys we are just asking you to put yourself in our shoes. what if you guy had not won more that 2 games a year in the last 5 years. then all at once a rebirth took place and you went out and gave cloudland a 1st half scare. went on to win 4 straight which has never been done here. and then give hampton a great challenge. you know our guys would love to be in your shoes having 50 kids out to play giving them some competition as well as decent practice squads. heck cosby cant hardly practice because they have no one on the team to give the startes a challenge and good look at what they are going to face the next week. all we ask is for you to stop and think about it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i got your back eagle 24. so you think cosby's still a flop! thats ok we are proud of them and what you carter county fans think has never mattered to us anyway. you dont know the situation here. do to the lack luster past years of cosby football the weight room was not a priority till shelton and his staff took over. everyone they have played has been stronger and definity bigger and yet they still won and gave teams trouble. so say what you want. we as fans and supporters will take the moral victories and the good showings because that is the beginning of all great things. as for some of you comments. i would venture to say that cosby players did say some things on the fiels as did hamptons. thats the way it is have you ever played. did you see them after the game talking shaking hands actually talking to each other acknowleging each others abillities. did you see potter late in the game make the tackle on #2 and as he got up slam #2 head into the ground. i was with shelton when potter came out of the lockerroom. potter stoped to apologize for it. Good job potter shows your character a true man. shelton replied by telling him emotions run high on the field we do things out of character sometimes that are uncalled for. they shook hands and went on with life. we as cosby fan are not trying to say we are better than you guys we are just asking you to put yourself in our shoes. what if you guy had not won more that 2 games a year in the last 5 years. then all at once a rebirth took place and you went out and gave cloudland a 1st half scare. went on to win 4 straight which has never been done here. and then give hampton a great challenge. you know our guys would love to be in your shoes having 50 kids out to play giving them some competition as well as decent practice squads. heck cosby cant hardly practice because they have no one on the team to give the startes a challenge and good look at what they are going to face the next week. all we ask is for you to stop and think about it.

Thats a little better and this is the best Cosby team I've saw in a long time, as far as the rude business, it wasn't the players we had a problem with. It came from you're sidelines, it was actually worse than rude. You can't try fight with the other teams players, The guilty dog knows what I'm talking about. I think it went like this,you hit him .now do you want a peice of me. Not very professional, On another note .this game was a blessing to Hampton, got to play the starters a full game, found alot of correctable mistakes and Hampton will be a better team because of you.We just need to let this game go, Its over,

Union City vs Jackson Christian west Trousdale Co. vs South Pitt in another classic battle for the East represenative.

UC and JCs would be a quarterfinal game not a semi as well

Might as well throw out a guess while I'm here...hmmmmm

JCS-Columbia Academy in the west

Trousdale-Coalfield in the east

Edited by 1AMAN

Dont get me wrong when I say this, CA has a good football team. But to even consider them a final four is a little overboard. They will finish second in region 6A because they cant beat the Tigers. There best player would be a second string running back in the Tiger offense. By being in second place in region 6A they would have to play I think 3rd place in region 5. They will win this game but then have to face probably Jo Byrns. If they do get lucky with that team, they have to travel back to the "Jungle" and will have the same fate that will be bestoded upon them on the 21st of October. A woodshed woopin.

Dont get me wrong when I say this, CA has a good football team. But to even consider them a final four is a little overboard. They will finish second in region 6A because they cant beat the Tigers. .

Thats a rediculous statement. We have played MP and CA and I cant tell the difference. Both teams have one dominant playmaker. MP has Marco and CA has Marquese. Take those players off those teams and neither would be regionaly undefeated. For you to say CA is no final four team means that you might not think MP is. I predict MP will beat CA for the region title, but it wont be a major whoopin.

This year our region has at least five teams that are good enough to be at the top. Ive never seen it so leveled out. You can blow off all you want but MP hasnt played up to the expectations or the speed of your mouths. Your fans grumbling at each other has shown that. I give MP and CA credit, they have found a way to stay undefeated in the region, and in this region thats no easy thing to do. To say any of our top four or five couldnt be a final four contender just doesnt make sense to me.

:thumb:

Meangreen I agree with you about Marquese with CA, but MP's line is the most athletic in the region and if the Dailey kid wasnt playing I'm sure #32 Sparkman would have similar numbers. Ohh yea lets not forget about the probably the best fullback in Rod Whitaker, the best all around athlete in any position Caleb Dugger. Put all four of those atletes on the field at the same time and you can pick your poison who you want to double cover or focus all your attention on because one of the other three will come back to bite ya. Saying that, you need more than one blue chipper to be a final 4 team. If all those players play well behind a strong effort from the o-line, CA or anyone else in Region 6 cant play with the Tigers.

Meangreen I agree with you about Marquese with CA, but MP's line is the most athletic in the region and if the Dailey kid wasnt playing I'm sure #32 Sparkman would have similar numbers. Ohh yea lets not forget about the probably the best fullback in Rod Whitaker, the best all around athlete in any position Caleb Dugger. Put all four of those atletes on the field at the same time and you can pick your poison who you want to double cover or focus all your attention on because one of the other three will come back to bite ya. Saying that, you need more than one blue chipper to be a final 4 team. If all those players play well behind a strong effort from the o-line, CA or anyone else in Region 6 cant play with the Tigers.

MP isnt even as good as they were last year and yall are talking all kinds of trash. How is it that u think u are so much better then a team that went 10-0 last year and still got beat in the 3rd rd. I know DCA is gone but there are still really good teams out there this year. Jackson Christian only lost to DCA by one pt this year, and they are still 1A, so dont just assume u have everything locked up.